New Owner of '92 Coupe in SoCal

OK, so after the stillborn effort to buy a red '94 Coupe from a used car lot, where the pre-purchase inspection did not check out, I found a red '92 Coupe that did check out and the engine is much stronger than the '94. The deal is done. Just waiting for the financing to come through -- it is approved and I should get the check tomorrow.

I am very excited, but won't be taking delivery until next week -- probably going to change the timing belt before picking the car up because it has 90,000 miles on it. The car is sitting at the shop that did the PPI, and that has a very good reputation for working on NSX.

Nicely equipped with two sets of OEM NSX wheels (original 5-spoke, and later model 7-spoke), all service records, some mild performance mods I want (suspension, exhaust and headers), and a harness bar that will come in handy at the track.

Wooohhhooooooo!!! :biggrin:

Awesome dude, conrats! I bet you won't be getting much sleep until she's at your abode. So, which wheels are you going with (for now at least)?:wink: My red '91 had 92k on the clock when I got it, also with the original TB. It's nice to know that they'll last that long, but I don't plan on pushing my luck from here on out. One last thing, make sure you post those pics when she gets to her new home!

^^^ The original 5-spokes are shod with Avon DOT-Slick tires. This car has been tracked before, and I will track it again. The 7-spokes are on the car now with Yokohama street tires. The 7-spokes are in perfect condition and are nickel plated. I haven't seen the 5-spokes yet but I am told the are a bit banged up from track use.

Congratulations! Always exciting to see another NSX in So Cal. Where in the So Cal area are you? If you're up for a drive. San Diego is having a drive and slide show of the Japan Fiesta pictures from last year on 4/30. You can find the information on: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147171

We'd love to see your new baby and you can test out her abilities on the drive through the Palomar mountains. :biggrin:

Congrats! Hopefully we run into each other on track sometime :cool:

It's pretty likely. Between running open track with such organizations as SpeedVentures, OpenTrackRacing, StarCarSports, etc. etc., and W2W racing with SCCA and NASA, I do about 50 track days a year in California and Nevada.

Prior track cars in include 350Z, S4, Evo, Miata (fully-prepped race car), Corvette, and currently own S2000 track day car.

Brings back memoirs of the hunt I was on till I found my 92 NSX. Theres just something so majestic about this car. Of all the cars I have ever owned, I revered this car the most.

I am picking the car up tomorrow afternoon (Fri. April 8). Now I'm excited! :smile:

Welcome. So where are you located exactly. Drive it out to the drift event at long beach ;)

Here's the pics of the car I bought. I'm in Redondo Beach, CA.

NSX10NET.jpg

NSX11NET.jpg

NSX12NET.jpg

NSX13NET.jpg

NSX14NET.jpg

NSX15NET.jpg

NSX16NET.jpg

NSX17NET.jpg

NSX18NET.jpg

NSX19NET.jpg

NSX20NET.jpg

NSX21NET.jpg

holy smoke I was cringing seeing that open door milimeters from that curb....but you were probably doing that to tease us:wink:

holy smoke I was cringing seeing that open door milimeters from that curb....but you were probably doing that to tease us:wink:

HAHAHAHA!!! That's not "millimeters," that's about 2 inches. You guys sure are fussy. :rolleyes:

Looks great! Would be nice to see you at some nsx cruises, I like your plate. I sugest headers for an na1 so much power it was like night and day. Have modifying it

The car came with headers, exhaust and suspension (lowered with Eibach pro-kit springs, not sure if dampers are OEM). Otherwise stock, with original 5-spoke wheels, plus the nickel-plated later NSX OEM 7-spoke wheels.

Generally speaking, I don't like to go on "canyon runs" and that kind of thing with a lot of other same-marque sports car owners, because I think it attracts too much attention by the cops. I run about 50 open track and W2W race days per year. I have competition licenses from SCCA and NASA. I don't own a fully-prepped race car right now, but I do have a well set-up S2000 track day car. Take it to the track!

The car came with headers, exhaust and suspension (lowered with Eibach pro-kit springs, not sure if dampers are OEM). Otherwise stock, with original 5-spoke wheels, plus the nickel-plated later NSX OEM 7-spoke wheels.

Generally speaking, I don't like to go on "canyon runs" and that kind of thing with a lot of other same-marque sports car owners, because I think it attracts too much attention by the cops. I run about 50 open track and W2W race days per year. I have competition licenses from SCCA and NASA. I don't own a fully-prepped race car right now, but I do have a well set-up S2000 track day car. Take it to the track!

Richard, the car looks great, congrats :tongue: Why don't you make time to come to the SoCal BBQ 5/22 and meet all the local NSX rats? Welcome.

Richard, the car looks great, congrats :tongue: Why don't you make time to come to the SoCal BBQ 5/22 and meet all the local NSX rats? Welcome.

Sounds like fun. But I was planning to go to the track that weekend. NASA SoCal has the big track at Willow Springs (my favorite SoCal road course), and SpeedVentures has Streets of Willow (not my favorite track, but SV offers more track time than NASA). I could actually run both.

Thanks for the invite. I'll think about it. I see that the BBQ is at Gil's in Trabuco Canyon. You guys must know the car I bought from Kris, who lives in Coto de Cazo. Regularly serviced by Ramon at Niguel Motors.

Generally speaking, I don't like to go on "canyon runs" and that kind of thing with a lot of other same-marque sports car owners, because I think it attracts too much attention by the cops.

First off congrats. We hope you change your mind on the drives we do here in SoCal. Some are canyon drives and some not. We have fun but keep it mellow so we do not attract cops. Keep your eye on the SoCal section and I think you will be glad if you go with us on a drive.

I just drove my NSX through Latigo Canyon during the early morning in Malibu. What an incredible car. There are not words to express how I feel about it . . . (and I broke my own rule about canyon runs)

I just drove my NSX through Latigo Canyon during the early morning in Malibu. What an incredible car. There are not words to express how I feel about it . . . (and I broke my own rule about canyon runs)

See, all it took was one drive in a canyon and it got you hooked:wink:.

Looks great! I work in El Segundo and generally drive mine on Fridays. . maybe I'll see you around!

Another one in Socal?!??!? Just kidding, congrat!!

Saw you on S2KI and people there were all jealous.:biggrin::wink: Look forward in meeting you.

Hugo

Back