New owner in Miami - Need HELP!

Whats up guys, just bought jh4na1151mt002555

Cars coming from Nevada and recently had the engine rebuilt by hondoctors but they said they cant get me a receipt ):

Would like to have the car retuned if anyone can point me in the direction?

Also, want a lip kit, carbon diffuser and larger spoiler

Danny

Is it boosted?what did they do in the motor build? All very important to find the right tuner.

It is boosted, they replaced one piston, all new rings and bearings. According to the vin it made 377 before

Last edited:
TR3 performance in FTL seems like a good option. The main guy is Nick. I was going to have my built motor retuned with them but we got it under wraps so I didn’t need.He came recommended by the SW FL nsx owners page. They boost and tune Lambo’s and hellcats. Any other info? What boost? What kinda FI? What ecu? What fuel?

So the dude I’m buying the car off of doesn’t really know too much about the car, I don’t think it’s been modded since he bought it. That’s why I’d like to retune the car, I’m assuming it has a stock ecu... but I have no idea what boost, what fuel, nothing. I wouldn’t mind going e85...

This is the engine mod list....

Comptech USA high boost supercharger installed by Mark Basch
Dyno tuned by Shad Huntley at Comptech w/all updates
377rwhp @ 8400rpm
260rwtq @ 4000rpm
Comptech (newer) headers
Comptech complete carbon airbox - custom installed
Comptech custom ecu
Custom throttle body
R/T high flow cats
Tubi exhaust
Dali aluminum coolant tank w/high pressure cap

So the dude I’m buying the car off of doesn’t really know too much about the car, I don’t think it’s been modded since he bought it. That’s why I’d like to retune the car, I’m assuming it has a stock ecu... but I have no idea what boost, what fuel, nothing. I wouldn’t mind going e85...

This is the engine mod list....

Comptech USA high boost supercharger installed by Mark Basch
Dyno tuned by Shad Huntley at Comptech w/all updates
377rwhp @ 8400rpm
260rwtq @ 4000rpm
Comptech (newer) headers
Comptech complete carbon airbox - custom installed
Comptech custom ecu
Custom throttle body
R/T high flow cats
Tubi exhaust
Dali aluminum coolant tank w/high pressure cap

Try calling Shad and getting some records. He probably knows something. Keep calling..... It takes forever to reach him even when you have his personal cell number. He eventually answers. If it is a stock ecu, you can only fuel trim and a tuner probably will not know what to do with it. You’d need a full stand alone for complete tuning. I am new here myself in South Florida so I wish I knew more places to guide you. If you decide to stay oem ecu as in off the shelf CT engineering parts, I have my old ones for sale in the marketplace. Here is the original post of sale for the car.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-Custom-Comptech-39k-mi-VIN-JH4NA1151MT002555

Who is Shad? And thanks for the help
Shad Huntley owner and operator of Driving Ambition in Northern California. Used to work for CT engineering. The maker of your supercharger kit and appears to be your previous tuner/installer/mechanic. It sounds as though you’re in for a wild yet fun ride.....

Worse case scenario I’m just going AEM v2 lol
I just went AEM ems 2. While it drives like a bat out of hell in a vacuum, it has its issues....

Looks like you’re on the off the shelf ctsc kit unless of course the installer/tuner of an aftermarket ecu left the fuel pump resistor in place. Usually, those are removed completely. But it could just be unplugged.

Got her yesterday! Spent 4 hours turning the 14 year untouched ra1 coils lol

Attachments

• 90A1F15B-7732-4A8D-AF0B-1E4ABB6DF9B3.jpg
    90A1F15B-7732-4A8D-AF0B-1E4ABB6DF9B3.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 84
  • A094FB74-39A0-453C-A1D9-5EA4438C6028.jpg
    A094FB74-39A0-453C-A1D9-5EA4438C6028.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 84
Congrats. The car looks awesome. Make sure to put in a request to join the South Florida NSX Owners Group on FB. I post a lot of the local shows on there and try to get a group of us to attend. Either myself or RJ will accept you. Also make sure to join the NSXCA.

Back