new nsx with 52 miles...hmmm

I'm kinda curious about this... I just bought a new 05 NSX that has 52 miles on it. The dealer say's the factory runs them about 50 miles to make sure they are ready for delivery. What do you guys think about this? What should I do if this is bullshit... who knows how they drove the car... am I overreacting? Thanks for any tips or advice you can throw my way.

Regards,

Rob

dotcomstudio said:
I'm kinda curious about this... I just bought a new 05 NSX that has 52 miles on it. The dealer say's the factory runs them about 50 miles to make sure they are ready for delivery. What do you guys think about this? What should I do if this is bullshit... who knows how they drove the car... am I overreacting? Thanks for any tips or advice you can throw my way.

Regards,

Rob

I wouldn't worry about it too much. My '05 had 75 miles on it when I picked it up. The dealer disclosed that it had been at one car show in S.F. and that the dealership owner had taken it home once. Other than that, the car had about 50 original miles on it from the factory.

Yes. They do run them at after they are built at the factory. Everyone of them. They aren't randomly pulled from the assembly line to test like a mass produced Ford.

Dot Com You Are Definetely Over Reacting. Look On Your Window Sticker And It Says Right On It Exactly What That Salesman Told You. They Test Track Each One So It Will Have Miles. When I Got Mine It Had 150 Miles On It And Im In The Business. Its Not That Big Of A Deal.

Enjoy Your New Car They Are Great To Drive
Ryan

They Test Track Each One So It Will Have Miles.

and

They do run them at after they are built at the factory.

Unless they built a new one, their test track is a two-mile oval and each NSX is shaken down for two laps = four miles.

I also test drove an '04 NSX that had only 52 miles on it. I was told I was the first customer to test drive car. I've also checked around at a couple of other dealers and found that this is typical mileage for a new NSX.

You guys are awesome... I just wanted to make sure. The mileage is no big deal but I didn't want to be lied to... that's one of my pet peave's. Really what is 50 miles? Nothing! Another dealer has one with only 15 miles from the factory so I wanted to make sure.

Thanks again for answering a silly question!

Regards,

Rob

Thanks again... We own a couple of Acura's and I just can't wait until mine is delivered so I can get behind the wheel :) It will be AWESOME!

Rob

dotcomstudio said:
...Another dealer has one with only 15 miles from the factory so I wanted to make sure...

HA!!! I told you guys that when I worked at a dealer the NSX's only had 15 miles!! I knew I was not crazy. :biggrin:

cls6sp03 said:
I wouldn't worry about it too much. My '05 had 75 miles on it when I picked it up. The dealer disclosed that it had been at one car show in S.F. and that the dealership owner had taken it home once. Other than that, the car had about 50 original miles on it from the factory.

the last car show in SF had a blue 05...just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

PS my 03 had 42 miles on it :eek: :wink:

we've spoken about this topic in numerous thread..... It say on the window sticker all NSX are factory tested and may have up to 50 miles on them :wink:

Mike -- BTW I purchased the red one on your showroom floor and I'll be there to pick it up Monday. I've read your posts and felt more comfortable with your dealership so I decided to go with Bridgewater. Thanks!

Rob

dotcomstudio said:
Mike -- BTW I purchased the red one on your showroom floor and I'll be there to pick it up Monday. I've read your posts and felt more comfortable with your dealership so I decided to go with Bridgewater. Thanks!

Rob

Rob, Im so glad that the NSX went to a prime member. Im excited to meet you and lunch is on me :smile: We have a fuddruckers right next door to our dealership and it is kind of like the unofficial "NSX" eating grounds for NSX events for central NJ. Bailey, If you read this they are already preparing your 1 pound burger for NSX DAY :biggrin:

Mike,

I really appreciate that! I hear you're quite the NSX freak :biggrin:
I read your post about the NSX's for sale and I tried to call you twice...finally Johnny took care of me. Hey I'm still down for the free car cover if that's cool with you!!!

BTW: Thanks for the lunch offer I really appreciate it... I'll have a buddy with me though and I don't mind if we go dutch :smile: I look forward to meeting you!

Thanks again!

Rob

Last edited:
Tom239 said:
More curious than a new NSX with 52 miles is a used NSX with only 40.

What probably happened here is that The Collection purchased the car from a franchised dealer who had the car floored ( dealers finance their inventory - it is called flooring ) for too long. Only a franchised dealer can sell a " new " car - meaning offer the car with an MSO ( Manufacturer's Statement of Origin ).

All independent dealers must title their inventory and sell the cars as used.
The only real significance for a buyer is that the warranty starts when the franchised dealer sells the car. This means that the independent dealer owns a unit that won't cost them a dime if something needs to be repaired, but it also means that every day they own the car is one less day that the eventual retail purchase has under warranty.

Taken as a whole, I would much rather buy a " used " car with 40 miles on the clock and less days of warranty than a " new " car with 500 miles ( this happens because the car is " new " until the day the franchise dealer sells it no matter how many miles it has - I've seen " new " cars with 1500 miles ) and all the days of warranty left. Miles put on at the dealer are not easy miles believe me.

tucsonsx said:
Taken as a whole, I would much rather buy a " used " car with 40 miles on the clock and less days of warranty than a " new " car with 500 miles ( this happens because the car is " new " until the day the franchise dealer sells it no matter how many miles it has - I've seen " new " cars with 1500 miles ) and all the days of warranty left. Miles put on at the dealer are not easy miles believe me.

I dont know anyone who drives their demo hard! :rolleyes: Just kidding :biggrin:

tucsonsx said:
What probably happened here is that The Collection purchased the car from a franchised dealer who had the car floored ( dealers finance their inventory - it is called flooring ) for too long.
Miles put on at the dealer are not easy miles believe me.
Thanks for the info. I hadn't known that meaning of the term "flooring".

Sounds like a dealer can have "had the car floored for too long" in several possible senses of the word :wink:

Tom239 said:
Thanks for the info. I hadn't known that meaning of the term "flooring".

Sounds like a dealer can have "had the car floored for too long" in several possible senses of the word :wink:

Some dealerships have whats called a 90 Day turn or 120 day turn and so on; meaning if the car isnt sold within 90 days or 120 days- it get wholesaled or sent to auction.

We are have no such thing at my place which I love. NO pressure to sell in a hurry.

Back