New NSX Spy Photos

Re: Spy Shots: First images of 2011 Acura NSX

+1 Side profile looks like a bigger Z car. Meh...and I repeat...Meh. :rolleyes:

As for why it shouldn't be called an NSX. IMO two different cars. If you are going to build the "next" NSX keep the same MR layout at least. At least my wallet and bank accounts will be happy. Seeing this has increased the chance that my funds will stay right where they are and my NSX will stay in the garage for that much longer. :biggrin:

Performance, guess I am getting old, doesn't mean that much to me anymore. There will always be someone faster. I'm in it for the looks now. I want a car that looks sexy just sitting there. Not one that you have to tell people yeah looks are so so but wait until you go for a ride. Ummm no thanks. Nothing negative about the new car here, just not my cup of tea.

still ugly

thumbs DOWN from me

horrible

+1 Side profile looks like a bigger Z car. Meh...and I repeat...Meh. :rolleyes:

As for why it shouldn't be called an NSX. IMO two different cars. If you are going to build the "next" NSX keep the same MR layout at least. At least my wallet and bank accounts will be happy. Seeing this has increased the chance that my funds will stay right where they are and my NSX will stay in the garage for that much longer. :biggrin:

What's with the whole belief that the car has to have an MR set up to be an NSX? GM was considering making the next corvette Mid engined. Notice how I said "next Corvette" and not "a new car that is going to replace the Corvette"?

Funny that the camouflage looks like a zebra motif ..and as the saying goes if you hear hooves........ So maybe we are in for some surprises.

OK, i tried to get lines but dang those guys that do the camouflage are though .. I am sure this is way off in some of the real lines but i guessed my best as far as the basic air intakes, headlights and some curves ..
tonight i'll try to make more realistic ..

new_x_revised.jpg

OScar

Looks to be 6pot/4pot. Whatever it is, it's pretty serious. This is not the new CRX.

Can everyone please stop calling it the next NSX? We all know it won't be called an NSX. It's not an NSX!

<exhales>

Thanks. :D

Damn, I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed! :)

don't worry about it. I was thinking the same thing. On a different note, how do we know this is a Honda car. Usually you can see some pretty good past design cues, but I'm not really seeing it with this car.

still ugly

thumbs DOWN from me

Those are strong words. "ugly"? Come on! There's not an ugly line on that car.

This car is being designed 20 years after the previous NSX was designed. It has a different engine set up. Just because it's different doesn't make it ugly. If this car was the next corvette or a Nissan 370Z or a Mazda RX7 or a future Supra or even a Ferrari or Masareti I'm sure that the word "ugly" would not be one of the words used to explain this car.

I mean, what do you guys want? Do you want Honda to just take a 2005 and throw it in the microwave for 30 seconds and call it the next NSX? Do you want a refreshed 2005? Or do you want a car that will break new barriers and records that the old car was not capable of doing?

If the engine is in the front, I will end up buying a car with back seats instead of a 2seater front engine.

I kinda like its lines though.

Too bad.

don't worry about it. I was thinking the same thing. On a different note, how do we know this is a Honda car. Usually you can see some pretty good past design cues, but I'm not really seeing it with this car.

That's because Honda hasn't designed a sports car in over a decade. What do we really have that's recent to look at? The S2000 has been basically the same since 1999. The NSX has been the same since 1991. It's going on 2009. This is a new era for a new car. The same could be said for the GT-R. It doesn't look anything like 350 or G35 and not really that much like the R34.

I'm sure there is a reason why this car is considered a Honda. Maybe it came out of a Honda testing facility and they followed it.

The car is completely different than the NSX and i hope they don't call it an NSX. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but this car is appealing to an entirely different aesthetic than the NSX. The NSX appeals to the Ferrari/Lambo mid engine layout aesthetic, this car is aimed at the GTR/Mustang types, not even the Aston/Jag beauties with similar layouts.

We all can agree that the midship Ferraries are beautiful and Honda can develop the future NSX along those lines and I think we all would approve. This direction however is quite a shift in their potential buyer.

Again, I just hope they don't call it an NSX, 'cause it aint! Sad...

Tytus

Ok, lets get technical about this.

What is the advantage of a mid engined layout because I really don't see it. It may seem cool because it's different and unique but it's not like having the engine in the back equates to a better car.

And to not purchase something simply because the engine is not in the back without having any supportive evidence of the reason really isn't logical.

Why would you be so negative that you haven't driven, don't know the numbers for simply because it's a front engined car?

The GT-R is front engined and it runs rings around the R8 and F430.

I just read on TOV http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=768558 that this car may actually be a mid ranged model that will be slotted below the NSX, and cost around $60,000 however, I doubt it.

This car is being followed by a Corvette Z06 which is a barebones car. I'm sure that this car will have a lot more features than a Z06 and the Z06's performance is already in supercar status so I think that this is the next NSX. Honda is probably just so far behind the bar now that beating the GT-R just isn't possible and they have set their sights and goals a little lower. I'd be happy with a Z06 killer any day of the week. 505 hp on the Z06 means that this Honda has to have around the same.

Re: Come on folks, it is not the next NSX but the CRX

Eh... Well, yeah ok so... umm, lets hope that underneath all that it is a ground breaking look and well not crossover between and LFA and a Z4 coupe... looks like our cars may just be going up in value ;)

NSX = Performance and sex appeal

Replacement = Performance (unknown, but maybe), but unless the camo is hiding a lot, it lacks sex appeal. Given what we can see, I doubt that it will capture the same awe that the NSX did. The NSX has a styling that while easily a daily driver, could credibly be a car that some would buy and lock away in a garage. The replacement seems to come across more like a M6/GT-R/Corvette; fun cars, but not pretty enough to worry too much about rock chips and door dings.

I'm still waiting to hear what's the big deal about a mid engined car?

Depends on the person. I personally like a mid engine set up. I don't like having to look over a hood of a car. To me the view looking out the windshield of an NSX or any car without and engine block in front of you, is next to none. Calling an FR car an NSX to me is like calling an Accord and NSX. Hey its got a V6 in front, so then its an NSX with the engine in a different location. Ummm no. But again thats just my two cents.

Ok, I give up. I just hope that when this car comes out and people who own them start trickling into this board, they aren't met with cold welcomes and anti-post-2005-NSX hate.

Back in 2004 it got ugly on S2ki.

Depends on the person. I personally like a mid engine set up. I don't like having to look over a hood of a car. To me the view looking out the windshield of an NSX or any car without and engine block in front of you, is next to none. Calling an FR car an NSX to me is like calling an Accord and NSX. Hey its got a V6 in front, so then its an NSX with the engine in a different location. Ummm no. But again thats just my two cents.

So... if this car is call the NFX will you be happy?

ha should be like this

Attachments

• shouldbe.jpg
    shouldbe.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 325

Looks like a 350Z in the front and M6 in the 1/2 half.

Back