new nsx owner

Hey, what's up everybody? This is my first post on here. I just bought a 91 black/ivory last month, and have been looking through this site since then; I'm likin this forum. Seems to have a nice vibe and infinite knowledge.

I just moved here (Alabama) from NY about 6 mos ago for a job. It's really..... different; I don't know if I will ever adjust, but the weather is awesome :smile:

Either way, I had a couple random questions for you guys, if you don't mind:

1) Is there an area to jack the whole back end of the nsx up (and the front end for that matter), instead of jacking up one side then the other?

2) I hear a lot of good stuff about the Zaino car products.... has anybody ever used their leather cleaner/conditioner? What do you think?

3) Should I / can I use this leather cleaner/conditioner on the dash too, instead of some armor all-type protectant?

4) Oil pan. Will I be able to slide it out after removing the oil filter, without removing the exhaust?

5) Is it abnormal to drive your car like a crack addict smokes crack? :smile:

Probably a couple stupid questions in there, but you guys are the experts. Thanks, look forward to talkin with you guys. (you guys, not y'all.... :wink: )

-k

Synthesis said:
Hey, what's up everybody? This is my first post on here. I just bought a 91 black/ivory last month, and have been looking through this site since then; I'm likin this forum. Seems to have a nice vibe and infinite knowledge.

I just moved here (Alabama) from NY about 6 mos ago for a job. It's really..... different; I don't know if I will ever adjust, but the weather is awesome :smile:

Either way, I had a couple random questions for you guys, if you don't mind:

1) Is there an area to jack the whole back end of the nsx up (and the front end for that matter), instead of jacking up one side then the other?

2) I hear a lot of good stuff about the Zaino car products.... has anybody ever used their leather cleaner/conditioner? What do you think?

3) Should I / can I use this leather cleaner/conditioner on the dash too, instead of some armor all-type protectant?

4) Oil pan. Will I be able to slide it out after removing the oil filter, without removing the exhaust?

5) Is it abnormal to drive your car like a crack addict smokes crack? :smile:

Probably a couple stupid questions in there, but you guys are the experts. Thanks, look forward to talkin with you guys. (you guys, not y'all.... :wink: )

-k

Congrats man =)

Alabama, there is alot of sky out there, wait till the summer.... its hot as hell :biggrin:

1) the only problem with jacking up just the rear is you need chock blocks since the E brake only does the rears (which are up in the air at this point)
you could use the two rear jack points but i'd highly reccomend putting the whole car up using the 4 jack points (one side at a time)

for the oil pan check this http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/oil_pan.htm

forums search is also your friend, just warning you before you get burninated by forums nazi or a veteran =)

btw, if you have not already done so, check the coolant hoses by the water pump, the two big fat ones, takes a second, just make sure they aren't real soft and squishy, this could lead to coolant blowout as your driving about =)

good luck and have fun

thanks; yeah, i got a taste of the summer down here. got here in august, and the humidity was really irritating (especially when moving heavy objects into my apt). Not like i've never seen anything like that in ny, but it's like that everyday here....

i can't get enough of my new old car :smile: the thing is gonna get me in trouble though. but it's weird; I actually drive faster in my civic than in the nsx (most of the time) cause i'm paranoid of cops and stuff. having a nice car just gives them another reason to pull you over. and i'm afraid of parking it anywhere (probably cause my civic looks like a tin can after parking in the tiny spaces at school).

either way, i'm lovin the car; and i'm lovin this forum. hope you guys are having as much fun as me (- the paranoia) :cool:

aero - i'm in the birmingham area, probably like 100 miles from you.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome!!

Aero said:
where in alabama do you live?

I just purchased my first NSX as well- and also am from Alabama.

That makes two in my neigborhood - both red!

thanks for the warm welcome :smile:

i'm surprised.... looks like there are a good amount of people from alabama on here. pretty cool.

somebody from work told me to hit up 25 S, off of 78 in leeds.... if you're in the vicinity, i highly recommend it.... that road is pretty nuts in some sections.... hairpin turns, lots of fun in an nsx :cool:

Attachments

• route25.jpg
    route25.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 53
RichM said:
I just purchased my first NSX as well- and also am from Alabama.

That makes two in my neigborhood - both red!

Cool! Another Huntsville owner. I'm glad its not black though as I like having one of the few in town :biggrin: :biggrin: I have a Saturn V plate on my car so that's me if you see it.

Thats what I love about Huntsville-

when someone says "it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist..."

the response may often be " Well actually.."

Rich

it doesn't take a rocket scientist in any other state..... but in alabama... you might just need to be a rocket scientist.... haha, just kidding :smile:

Back