New NSX Owner

since a decent paint job seems to cost at least $7500.,this tape might be a budget-minded alternative for those wanting to try a new color now and then :wink:

Do you think they might start making the tape in all the stock colors of the NSX???? Great idea - can I have some IMOLA orange please! Good idea Robbie:biggrin:

If you choose to be a "driver" as one primer is so fond of constantly reiterating-----according to his mileage----a little less than 3k a year will make you a true enthusiast:tongue: Of course then you got to sell it

Last edited:
haha, love the tape.

Any pics of it "unmasked?"

David....FYI: Pep Boys sells a product called "Road Wrap." It is a temporary plastic wrap to protect your car when you travel. Goes on and comes off with little effort. 12" and 24" rolls that cost around $20 per roll.

Hi, everyone! I'm a new NSX owner. Before, I was considering buying the earlier NSX model. However, after searching for five years, I purchased my dream car: year 2003.

Once I found it, I though I would ship it home until I found out the shipping the vehicle would cost was $1,000. Instead, I decided to give the car a test drive; the only extra cost I spent was $20 on masking tape to keep the front bumper and hood adhered. I drove 400 miles home.

Attached are a few pictures.

Well - 3000 miles a year at least in not in the catagory of "garrage queen" and I only wish I could have two - one to look at and one to drive - now that's a pretty good deal.

There is no telling when priorities change and selling becomes not a druther but a need. I plan to stay on track for something very important to me - retirement! Sometimes the outcome of one thing puts into place a new priority - unfortunately I fall into that catagory. Maybe one day I can be as lucky as some others on Prime and have no financial worries at all - that'd be nice!

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcomes.

I taped up the car to keep rocks from chipping at the front bumper and hood during my long-distance drive home. Here's some photos of the car unmasked:

Attachments

• DSC03788e.jpg
    DSC03788e.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0855e.jpg
    IMG_0855e.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 72
Put the tape back on - eeewwwwhhh.....:biggrin:

Just kidding of course - great car and I know you'll be happy - especially if you plan to drive it. An added feature to drooling over it and waxing it...:wink:

Back