• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Owner - Yeaaa

Well I finally own my first NSX. It is red with a black top. And I must admit it is very very different from my previous modified evo.

Pros:
NSX is more comfortable to drive, both in the city and on road trips
NSX just seems to want to be driven up over 100, it just keeps going
NSX styling is ten times better
NSX has the cool factor
NSX gets better gas mileage
NSX manual steering offers excellent road feedback at high speeds

Cons:
NSX is much slower below 85 mph than the Evo
NSX is harder to drive on slow sharp turns
NSX has no back seat or storage room

All in all, I am very happy with my new(used) car. But I was curious, does anybody else have a tight gas pedal? Mine is rather stiff compared with my other cars. In addition, there is a little vibration of the seat below 2000 rpms (when taking off from a start in 1st gear). Is this normal?

Other than that the car feels strong. The scary part is that the car seems like it wants to be doing 120MPH on the highway all of the time. It is just so easy and comfortable to get this car up to 120, without feeling like you are unstable or unsafe.

Thanks,
Nathan

Congrats on your new ride!:cool: How about sharing some pics.

I assume you have a '91-93 since you mentioned the steering being harder at slower speeds. I didn't notice the gas pedal being heavy on my '91, mainly the clutch...perhaps because I had been driving automatics for years.:wink:

What kind of mods does the car have? Since you mentioned the suspension is stiff, it must have some work done there.

The vibration at low rpm (1500-2000) is normal, from what I can tell. My guess is that it is related to the engine being a 90 degree V6 rather than the more standard 60 degree angle. I personally like it, it makes the engine feel more exciting. :)

Big_D said:
Congrats on your new ride!:cool: How about sharing some pics.

I assume you have a '91-93 since you mentioned the steering being harder at slower speeds. I didn't notice the gas pedal being heavy on my '91, mainly the clutch...perhaps because I had been driving automatics for years.:wink:

What kind of mods does the car have? Since you mentioned the suspension is stiff, it must have some work done there.

I will get some pics up, it is just a stock looking 91 NSX. But, I will post them up. Yes it is a 91. Mods are pretty basic at the moment. The car has the stock springs sitting on Bilsteins on the lower perch. Therefore, the car is lowered about .75-.85 of an inch. It is an Cantrel style AIS in it, as well as the RM racing intake. Other than that it has a decent focal audio component speaker setup powered by a decent amp. I am working on cleaning up the interior a bit.

I currently have an ARK DT-S exhaust on the way. And I am shopping for wheels right now (see thread in Tires and Wheels section).

Thanks for the feedback.
Nathan

Congrats Man!
I was wondering about the slight vibration too on my newly aquired 91.

Wheelman said:
Are you sure your foot is not too light?:tongue: Congratulations and enjoy!!

That or my legs are too short. :eek:

In all seriousness though, the pedal feel is much more firm than compared to my last few vehicles. That it why I was wondering.

Thanks everybody.
Nathan

i say go out and take some tight turns. the ass on that baby plants it self.

go at it WOT:biggrin:

RON98 said:
i say go out and take some tight turns. the ass on that baby plants it self.

go at it WOT:biggrin:

Haha. I already have. When I was travelling from Cincy to Lexington, there was a stretch of about 3 miles that were nothing but wide, long sweepers. There was nobody on the road, so I simply decided to see what the car could do. Quite frankly it was pretty scary. I was running the turns at about 120mph, and the car still seemed like it wanted to go faster through them.

Fun stuff, but i definitely need to get a scanner or a valentine 1 now.

Thanks,
Nathan

Back