• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Owner Calgary

Hi all, thought I would chime in the Canadian forum, and mention that I just brought home a Hot Yellow NSX to Calgary last weekend ,most of you probably allready know this car somewhat, but finally the day has come for me after 2 hard years of searching I made a choice, and can now be a part of a great community.
Thanks to a honest and incredible guy Stacy.
More can be found on this thread.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=828111#post828111

Attachments

• 100-0041_IMG.jpg
    100-0041_IMG.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 51
Thanks RJM, yea I read a few coming here, have not seen too many, I always see a red 91 alot, I am located on the North side, but you won't see the car probably untill Cody from Lovefab comes to visit me in a few weeks and installs my turbo :) Your silver T looks really nice too, Congrats.We will have to go for a beer sometime :)

Maximumyield

Howdy. Now start up a Calgary chapter, will y'all

What Dave is trying to day is you guys need to contact him or me to start up your chapter of the NSX Club of Canada.

The benifits to you will be HUGE!

You can contact either of us by email by clicking on the link that is our names.

Stu

Howdy Maximum and welcome!! I also live in the northern reaches of Cowtown...but I ahve not taken my 91 black beauty out yet...it looks like all the gravel is off the roads now - so I wll be unveiling her soon...lol. Its neat to be part of a very select crowd...a crowd that numbers less than the Ferrari clan...lol:biggrin: A meeting of the minds would be great some time...if not - then I guess we will run across each other throughout the summer. Enjoy your "X" and watch out for the boys in blue!:eek:

Dam:cool:

Thanks Dam, looks like you allready have the beers hehe, I may have seen you car last year on Xmas day I believe at the deerfoot tr and 16th ave, heading east ? was that you? if not someone was driving there X on this day I was like wow, my head snapped and I couldn't believe it, in late december a shiny black X on the road, but there was no snow it was nice I remember.
If your only taking it out of storage soon, I am thinking maybe it wasn't you?

Also nice to meet you and I am sure we will hook up and go for a cruise, I still have a few weeks myself before I can do too much, as I am waiting for a Lovefab turbo installation, than the fun begins.
Ohh yes the boys in blue, thanks for the warning.
Keep in touch I cant wait to see your car. :smile:

Maximumyield

Welcome! I just bought an arrest me red supercharged 93 NSX. A few weeks away is good for me too. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Hi!

Does he come to your town to do an install? I'm in Edmonton and was looking at getting a turbo installed. I was in Vegas, but got no love from factor x so was thinking of lovefab at some point. Maybe we can swing a deal for 2!!

Dave

Thanks Dam, looks like you allready have the beers hehe, I may have seen you car last year on Xmas day I believe at the deerfoot tr and 16th ave, heading east ? was that you? if not someone was driving there X on this day I was like wow, my head snapped and I couldn't believe it, in late december a shiny black X on the road, but there was no snow it was nice I remember.
If your only taking it out of storage soon, I am thinking maybe it wasn't you?

Also nice to meet you and I am sure we will hook up and go for a cruise, I still have a few weeks myself before I can do too much, as I am waiting for a Lovefab turbo installation, than the fun begins.
Ohh yes the boys in blue, thanks for the warning.
Keep in touch I cant wait to see your car. :smile:

Maximumyield

That was me Max...lol...I had just bought it from stevo who lives in Olds...I drove it for a bit and then put her to sleep...lol...and yes we will get together...Soloracer's red beast, your yellow beauty and my black beauty...lol...its nice to know that you own a hand built exotic! I may take her out next weekend...my girlfriend's daughter always loves it when I drive her out to her horse jumping lessons...and I like to open her up as I boot it out to the Conrich area...not many boys in blue out that way! :biggrin:

Just keep it slow in the city...I still believe that you can drive the speed limit and have fun...you just get to the speed limit much faster than others...lol...I let the mustang gang blast around and get the tickets...I just cruise and look Phat and sic...lolo

Yes I remember reading your new purchase soloracer951, congrats on the purchase, sounds nice, I need to check that out foresure.
I was stuck on red to forever untill I started to talk to Stacy, than my plans changed forever hehe, Thanks Stacy. :)
Cool in a few weeks we should all get together in Cowtown and meet each other, guys?

magictooth, I am not sure what to say, I would love to help and make a double deal, but I am not in control, you would have to talk to Cody at Lovefab turbo, He could help you best and answer all your questions, I believe he can go there and do it for you, he is trying for the last week of june with me I believe, and I am sure he is a very busy guy, but he could tell you whether or not he could pull this off.You can google lovefab turbo and you will find the lovefab website and can contact Cody via email and he will get back to you.I am not sure if I am allowed to post live links from other websites? or I would.Go check out the site and read about it on nsxprime under the forced induction area, lots of info.Good luck and would be cool to have more lovefabs on some alberta X's

Dam, thats cool, it was you haha too funny, well the car looked sweet man, heres a late congrats.
I was like man when is this going to happen for me, I swear I looked at your car still with my neck turned 180 half way up the hill lol, I was right beside you.I am close to conrich, I take my boat to chesterslew alot lol, because its so convenient (10 mins).That will be cool having a red, black, yellow and silver sitting together, cant wait.Owning a hand built car is awesome I agree, this 1 being hand built alot from Stacy hehe, has some pretty cool features.
I will post when the Lovefab turbo is on and I can go out, I am hopeing to be ready after the Canada day long weekend for stampede week.
Thanks for the tips, keep in touch we will definately get together.

Maximumyield

Last edited:
Another new owner. Always liked the yellow color. I'm in the mid south and was driving it daily for the past 6 weeks until my recent purchase of a Volvo S60R. I now drive that 4 days of the week and the NSX only 3 days of the week. Calgary is seeing an increased quantity of nice rides like our 'affordable sports car'.:smile: Welcome.

Tim

Wooop's sorry RJM, of course and a silver, that is very new to you also I see.
I edited my post. I was just replying to the other post and we both forgot the 4th color, forgot about that nice silver T you have :) , I can not wait to see your car.
Maximumyield

Last edited:
Hi!

Yeah I've been to their site many times. I've not contacted them, but I will do so shortly. I hadn't planned to do any FI action until the winter time, but if the price is right, I'd be happy to do something sooner than later.

Dave

P.S. You can post links here no problem.

Hey Maximum..I mean Brent...lol...I noticed that your car is from Vancouver...as is mine - sems that lots of nice exotics begin their lives on the west coast!:biggrin: Any way, i love the Wings West body Kit...very phat!! I know that we hat e to compare our machines to other exotics...but I also have a Wings West Kit, and everbody mistakes the car for a Ferrari 355. I went to ZR Exotics and I realized how similar the two are due the body kit. Thank God for mods baby :biggrin: - the NSX was a beautiful machine but key mods like body kits, suspension and exhaust really "evolve" and modernize our machines!! Instead of paying $175,000.00 for an exotic that has massive maintenance costs - like a Lamborghini or Ferrari...we can own a reliable, ass-kicking, jaw-dropping machine for average coin!! As for the height or your car...I too had mine lowered when I bought it...but I raised it because of our "crap" streets...I cannot afford any damage to the car - as I am still paying her off...lol...so please be careful buddy. I hope to see your machine in the future as mine is more limited in what can be done to her - she is much older in miles (over 100,000 miles) and being an automatic (an amazingly well kept machine - could not take the chance that someone else would buy her) she is unable to withstand a supercharger or turbocharger:frown: but hell...you can't have everything...lol.

^^^Hey Stacy - read that^^^????

Your old car has a wings west body kit on it.

You should have saved yourself like 10,000 hrs and just gotten one of those!

No, wait, then I wouldnt have my skirts. Scratch that idea.

love the Wings West body Kit...very phat!!

Dam,

Those are signature Stacy sideskirts. Lots of members have purchased and installed the. They not only look better - they are better - that the WW stuff. :) I don't have a set yet, but will be looking at getting into a set over the winter hopefully.

Tim

Dam, I purchased the car from Langley, close to Vancouver.It is originally a US car, did not live its life in Van, only since 2002, and mostly sat in shops and garages, from what I read and am told, Dave and Tim are right there signature Stacy sideskirts from Stacy the owner of the car previously, they are very nice and strong, and I think thay look awesome too(glad the car has them), he also made the cluster rings which is a nice look too(thanks Stacy), I agree a few minor mods like you said makes the car a little sexier foresure.Some only like stock but each to his own.Yea some of the roads here are bad, I live here all my life so I know most roads and areas to avoid, specially those large nasty speedbumps all over parking lots, I have tein coilovers adjustable height and ride control, so if I have to raise it, wont be too much of a prob.

Brent

Back