New NSX Just Got Totaled

GHOSTRIDER said:
I just hope since you only had the car for 1 day, you had added it to your insurance. :(

Every insurance company I have ever dealt with (OK only 3) provided a 10 day notification window when purchasing a new or used car (assuming you have another car insured with that company and probably some other stipulations I don't know about).

Bottom line - you should be fine just let your insurance company know what is going on just in case the other person is found only partially at fault or is under insured.

matteni said:
Every insurance company I have ever dealt with (OK only 3) provided a 10 day notification window when purchasing a new or used car (assuming you have another car insured with that company and probably some other stipulations I don't know about).

Bottom line - you should be fine just let your insurance company know what is going on just in case the other person is found only partially at fault or is under insured.

Agreed, we got rear ended 2 hours after purchasing a car.
The insurance company said we had up to 30 days, so we would have been fine if their policy was no good.
YMMV

nsxexotic said:
so there is a 30 day window... what exactly does that window cover. whatever you have on your current coverage???

say I only have liability and NO collision?

As it was explained to me by my insurer (AAA) I had the same coverage I had on the previous vehicle or the vehicle that I have current. If it was a replacement vehicle, I had the 30 days, If it were a new veicle, I had 10 business days with the coverages the same as my current vehicles.
So what I posted before was not as accurate as it could have been stated. Check with your insurance carrier.
I would be willing to bet, that if you totaled a new car and you were just carrying liability, you would be at a loss.
Again YMMV

Yeah, State Farm gives me a 30 day "window", but every company is different. Especially when it comes to a jiky insurance company who doesn't want to pay claims. Hope it all works out good for you.

She was on a cell phone, the only problem is that cell phone use isnt illegal here

Thats amazing, Australia its illegal and recently in Japan also. Hands free kits only. Good luck with finding a replacement NSX. :)

Hi Wolf,
I am very sorry for you that this happened. But am glad to know that apart from squaring the hell out of you you got out of this NSX alive and well.
Had a similar accident with my NSX year-and-a-half back when somebody didn't not see the traffic light being red and hit my front right wheel.
Luckily for me at the time, he was already braking hard and the damage was not too much. Luckily also I had my camera with me and the first thing I did was taking pictures of the situation.

Hope you will get fully reimbursed on this and you will be driving a NSX soon again, maybe an even better one than you had before.

Wish you good luck !!

Back