New NSX - existing NSX owner

Was kinda funny how it all worked out - just gave the PO a call - almost out of curiousity, and ended up having a great conversation. He is a PHD molecular scientist at Harvard; bought the car new and just took extraordinary car of the car. We struck a "gentlemans" agreement over the phone, and he wouldn't even accept a down payment from me.

I know after our agreement he received a "flood" of offers, some which were higher than our agreed upon price -- to his credit he told others he already had a deal in place, and would follow that through.

Love working with good, decent and honest folks. Unfortunately it just doesn't happen all the time. I do believe that NSX owners are a step above most, and an unusually good group of people.

Thanks for all the kind words. Jay

^^^sounds like an awesome experience.

Good Luck on the sale of the '91. I think you will get close to what you want. There aren't too many with that low mileage left out there. I sold mine in '10 with 69K miles with up to date maintenance for not much less than what you are asking.

Nice grab. Welcome to the 2001 club.

You got the one in Lexington? Very beautiful, just make sure that you're not afraid to put some miles on it!

Thanks again all -- yea, hope to drive this one more than I did my 91 (and my 04 S2000) - they are meant to be enjoyed and driven!:smile: Yes, feel unbelievably fortunate to have found this 01 with 11k miles on her -- how weird is that?? :eek: It was FATE !!!!!! The PO has been super, pre and post sale -- he really wanted it to go to someone who had the same passion for the car as he did.

Will provide some updates and pics soon - getting it through the Virginia state inspection - getting some new rubber on her as well as a new battery. Cheers All !! Jay

Last edited:
Jay, Congratulations on the purchase, it looks gorgeous!

Back