New Modena 420 coupe

This is a photoshopped version done by Motorbox journalists that had the possiility of seeing it but not taking photos.

Very close to the finished product from what a friend of Maranello told me (he sees them on the street, even if camouflated).

Ferrari420-5536-015-f.jpg

I do not love it but I kind of like it...

obviously, they are trying to make it look similar to the ENZO. This is partially for marketing reasons, and partially for the aerodynamics of the ENZO's grill. Either way, its not very attractive to me. But then again, I'm sure its going to be a great car from a performance standpoint.

Hopefully it will match serve performance-wise with some of its price-point competition: the Lambo Gallardo, Ford GT and 911 GT2.

The current 360 Modena has fallen off to some extent, although its still an excellent car.

Speaking of matching serve... how about it, Honda R&D ??? Any word from Uehara-san lately ?? :D

I think that thing is UGLY! The enzo is not a great looking car. I would NOT try and make the car look like that!

I am sure it will perform though as it will have a 4.3 L V8 with roughly 480HP and a lot more TQ.

I see a lot of the Enzo in it also. I still like the 355's better, and the 360 for that matter.

:D
Glad I am not the only one to think that the current Modenas and some of the others look like Toyotas...

I'm glad to see Ferrari making some dramatic changes. IMO an exotic needs to be radical, dynamic, ground-breaking, and DIFFERENT than just about anything you normally see on the street. :cool:

360 looks much better. 360 is the sexiest car on the road, IMO.

I agree, the 360 is nicer but this one has an improved aerodinamic and it handles a lot better at higher speed.

This makes me like it better... :p I love form over function justifications. ;)

Ferrari420-5536-025-f.jpg

Anyway, it seems the car will not be far from the 500hp value.

gheba_nsx said:

Anyway, it seems the car will not be far from the 500hp value.
Don't get me wrong! I could stomach one in my garrage. :D Throw the 360 headlights on it and change the side intake openings, and it's a winner.

I am sure it will look great once seen in reality (or in "real" photos). The front lights will work well with the new hood. The air opening in the front are very nice. The side intake looks strange and square in the photoshop but it will flow better, I am sure... :cool:

I was not fond of the Gallardo in the beginning. Now I LOVE it! :p

Give me a 420 in Alloy Grigio color and I will be veeeeery happy! :D

dnicho05 said:
F50 Baby!!!

I absolutley love that car and I really like the exaggerated wing on the back, but I have got to be honest, it is so tall it almost looks like a sound bar on a boat. :)

like this one

:D

Attachments

• webimage001m.jpg
    webimage001m.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 498
jlindy said:
I absolutley love that car and I really like the exaggerated wing on the back, but I have got to be honest, it is so tall it almost looks like a sound bar on a boat. :)

Me too. The F50 is stunning. It is a work of art. The enzo is not even in the same league looks wise.

I have two friends that are designers at Pininfarina (actually one is the current CHairperson for transportation design at Art Center)

I emailed them that picture and they both said it was pretty off....they said it will look closer to the current 360 than an Enzo.

I'm talking about vents and headlights and stuff...

jlindy said:

LOL :D But its just so coooool :cool:

Attachments

• f50tail.jpg
    f50tail.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 485
I hope it doesn't look anything like that photo! I would consider getting one if it looks as good as the 360 with 480hp. But if it looks like that I wouldn't consider putting one in my garage.

If you only want performance just create an F1 car for the road, it seems to me Ferrari is going backwards. I have loved the looks of almost all of their previous generation of cars, but that took a leap back with the Enzo.

The F40 and F50 were both gorgeous cars, I also have loved the looks of the Testarossa, 308, 328, 348, 355, 360. I have never been a big fan of their front engined cars either.

Of course this is just my opinion and we don't know if the car will look anything like this rendition.

Selfishly I just hope it's some time before a 420 Challenge Stradale comes out :)

As for how it looks, not too worried... I love the 360's look, and I love the Enzo's look, etc. The F40 remains my favorite looking car of all time though, and is still an incredible car to drive (or, at least the euro version is -- I've not driven the castrated US-spec car).

-Z18
'99 Zanardi #18
'00 Honda S2000
'02 Porsche 996 Turbo
'04 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale

Spinner said:
I have two friends that are designers at Pininfarina (actually one is the current CHairperson for transportation design at Art Center)

I emailed them that picture and they both said it was pretty off....they said it will look closer to the current 360 than an Enzo.

I'm talking about vents and headlights and stuff...

I got the opposite comment from a test-driver of Maserati that sees the 420 all day long. He says that the photos is not distant from the actual thing... let's wait and see. :)

Saw a show on discovery if I remeber correctly pinning the F50, Enzo, and 308 or 328. Anyway, Enzo was the fastest ofcourse, F50 came close but was voted the best driving experience.

You have to admit the hsc (even hsc haters) looks better than that 420 photoshop :p

With a 420 badge, I guess snoop with have to get one :D

Back