New Member with a new 2004 NSX Price Question...

Keep in mind that there are less than 250 NSX's produced PER YEAR these days (for years now), so Ken is correct.

Maybe people can point out one or two MASSIVE dealers that had more than 2 NSXs, but lets not split hairs. At less than 250 cars for the year and around 258 dealerships, most dealers will not see more than a couple at a time and many probably see 0.

To the questions

1) STRONG Yes
2) Yes, but not at the 04 price point
3) No
4) STRONGEST No possible... there are more Ferrari 355s than NSXs

Be careful with a new car unless you plan to keep it. I just took a pretty bad depreciation hit on my 03 and had to twist arms to get $61k on a dealer trade (it was an auto... 6 speed would have fectched another $2k)

did you sell yours?

spookyp said:
Keep in mind that there are less than 250 NSX's produced PER YEAR these days (for years now), so Ken is correct.

Maybe people can point out one or two MASSIVE dealers that had more than 2 NSXs, but lets not split hairs. At less than 250 cars for the year and around 258 dealerships, most dealers will not see more than a couple at a time and many probably see 0.

To the questions

1) STRONG Yes
2) Yes, but not at the 04 price point
3) No
4) STRONGEST No possible... there are more Ferrari 355s than NSXs

Be careful with a new car unless you plan to keep it. I just took a pretty bad depreciation hit on my 03 and had to twist arms to get $61k on a dealer trade (it was an auto... 6 speed would have fectched another $2k)

I thought that you were going to either TC or SC your auto- What did you replace it with? Do tell:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm exited for you.

It would appear that you have found yourself an incredible NSX at a very reasonable price. Personally, I think the Yellow & black color combination is premium.

I would encourage you to buy it, drive it, show it and most of all enjoy it! The NSX is arguably one of the best Sports cars ever built. You will be “amazed” at the amount of enjoyment you will receive in owning one.:D Not to mention there is an awesome NSX community out there to delight in.

Buy it! You won’t be disappointed, guaranteed!
;)

Re: did you sell yours?

RPM217 said:
I thought that you were going to either TC or SC your auto- What did you replace it with? Do tell:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

911 Carrera 2 (996)... Sorry! Im not leaving here though... Cant get rid of me that easily! The 911 had B&B headers and exhaust from the previous owner and a staggering number of factory options ($35k worth - pure insanity but all stuff I would want if I were buying new).

Im going to keep the car as is until the warranty is out (car was certified pre-owned with 2 yr/100k Porsche warranty) and then MAYBE throw the supercharger on assuming the reliability proves out over the next couple of years...

Hell, I just feel lucky I was able to find a 2002 Silverstone "T" in my neigborhood. It was a Porsche trade in on the used Porsche lot.
I know I paid more than I should. $70,000. And that was with 18k miles!
But, it was a local car and I wanted that color!!!
I am not an NSX "newby". I had a 1991 Sebring Silver bought new and sold it 9 years later to my son who (thankfully) still has it.

"NSX" there is no Substitute :D :D :D

I have that exact car ('03 Yellow/Black) and I love it. At first I was leaning towards getting blue/black, but I wasn't able to find one in that color, and Greenwich Acura had a Yellow/Black arriving the next week, so I decided to go for it, and I am very happy with it.

As far as the price, I would think you should be able to do better than $79k. I leased my car 14 months age (I took delivery in June '03) and the cap cost listed on the lease was $84k.

If you can get a decent price, you won't be sorry. I always hear the complaints in this forum about the car needing more power like the Z06, but I can't imgaine needing more power than my car has unless I was to drive it on a track (which I don't do). You can't even utilize all the power on the street, and the handling is better than just about any other car on the road.

And as far as the looks, I don't think you can do better. If you do get this car, be prepared to answer a lot of questions on a daily basis.

Good luck whatever you decide.

I agree! I own a 96 NSX-T, and I drove it to work yesterday for the first time. (It's my weekend toy, but had to drive since dad is moving stuff in the garage.) I was trying to keep it on the down low at work, so I parked in a quiet spot, but somehow, a co-worker saw me and the news spread like FIRE! :rolleyes: All my co-worker thinks I won the lottery or something, and most are not sure what the NSX is... they taught it was a videogame or something. They reseached it online, and found out about the price tag $89K, and couldn't believe it! I keep telling them that it's just a used car, but they just won't believe me... :D I love my NSX!!!

Eric5273:
If you can get a decent price, you won't be sorry. I always hear the complaints in this forum about the car needing more power like the Z06, but I can't imgaine needing more power than my car has unless I was to drive it on a track (which I don't do). You can't even utilize all the power on the street, and the handling is better than just about any other car on the road.

Avante said:
Bram, yes apparently it has been. As best as I was able to gather it has been there for almost 5 months...

If it is an '03, and they have had it since new, it has been there for more than 5 months. The 2005 model Acuras are out now, so that car had to have been delivered to the dealers no later than September of 2003. After that date the 2004 models would have been in the showrooms. Check the production date on the car and find out when it was built. You should be able to get one heck of a deal on a 2 model year old NSX.

Buy a 2005 C6 Corvette...

Buy a 2005 C6 Corvette for under 50k ( like I just did :) ) and bank the other 35k. :D

Attachments

• webimage001l.jpg
    webimage001l.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 269
Hey- can you lower the rear of the C6? It looks pretty high back there. I do like the C6, have not seen one in person yet, would like to drive one, but I have to tell you I am skeptical that their build, fit, material quality is going to be equal to the that of the NSX - maybe, I don't know. I do like the C6, unfortunately my wife does not.
Good luck with your 'Vette.

Re: Buy a 2005 C6 Corvette...

JSMDMD said:
Buy a 2005 C6 Corvette for under 50k ( like I just did :) ) and bank the other 35k. :D

I don't think anyone who is looking for a 2004 NSX would be interested in a vette... I could be wrong...

Back