New member! I love this site! (PIX of my Ae86)

UPDATE:New member! I love this site! (PIX of my Ae86)

EDIT: Quick update. Just wanted to show some new photos of my car from a local car show @ Super Auto Bacs.

socal86love_13.jpg

socal86love_3.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

CRW_9123.jpg

I slapped some new tires on (Falken RT-615's 195/60/14) my Supra wheels..

CRW_9119.jpg

---------------------------------------------------
I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

I'm a UCSB alum, 25 years old, and in the banking/finance field. I live in Orange County, CA.

Not a NSX owner yet, but that'll change within a year, hopefully.

I've been browsing around for a couple of weeks and i just wanted to say what a wonderful community this is. It's amazing quite honestly. I've been a member of many forums (e.g. S2ki.com, anandtech, club4ag, etc..) and it's by far the friendliest forum out there.

And i earnestly mean this. If you browse around the Ae86 forums or S2ki, some of them can get downright mean/immature/annoying.... But perhaps it's like that because there are too many "kids"/"fanboys" on the forums.

i look forward to contributing to this wonderful forum.

-Dan

Here are some outdated photos of my car when i first got her. I got her at 114,xxx miles. right now, she's at 118,xxx miles. I'll post more updated pictures later on.
*1986 AE86 GTS
*Brembo discs, project Mu teflon coated stainless steel brake lines)
*FULL JDM KOUKI bumpers conversion
*Raybrig H4 headlamps
*TRD short shifter

Revised3.jpg

Revised2.jpg

Revised.jpg

CRW_82072.jpg

CRW_8211.jpg

CRW_8206.jpg

CRW_8201.jpg

CRW_8199.jpg

CRW_8198.jpg

CRW_8197.jpg

CRW_8193.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

04.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome, there is a wealth of information about the NSX here. You can learn a lot about this amazing car. Do you plan on doing any mods to your Toyota? I have a 94 Camry that I use as my daily driver and have H&R springs, Ion wheels, and a nice 1000watt stereo system for commuting. I try to save the NSX for weekend enjoyment.

Welcome.

Nice Corolla, not nitpicking but didn't the Corolla GTS come with a dual pipe exhaust muffler. I had a Celica GTS and had to tell everytime I got parts (which wasn't often) that the GTS was completely different car than the normal.
Maybe I'm thinking of the Corolla GTS coupe. (not liftback)

Welcome, there is a wealth of information about the NSX here. You can learn a lot about this amazing car. Do you plan on doing any mods to your Toyota? I have a 94 Camry that I use as my daily driver and have H&R springs, Ion wheels, and a nice 1000watt stereo system for commuting. I try to save the NSX for weekend enjoyment.

Absolutely.. I don't have time at the moment, but in the future, just the basics i guess: two tone black/white paint job, swap in a fresh redtop 4-AGE, rims.. just the basics..

I already have some coilovers on order so that's the next mod.

U live in Temecula eh? i used to be a realtor down there with FirstTeam Real Estate. Great area, just gets really really hot in the summer!

Welcome.

Nice Corolla, not nitpicking but didn't the Corolla GTS come with a dual pipe exhaust muffler. I had a Celica GTS and had to tell everytime I got parts (which wasn't often) that the GTS was completely different car than the normal.
Maybe I'm thinking of the Corolla GTS coupe. (not liftback)

Ya know what, there are so many variations of the AE86 when it came out, i'm not quite sure what to tell you. However, as for the dual pipe exhaust, i think it's unlikely it came with it. Out of all the original AE86's i've seen ,they were all single. But then again, the car came with lots of variations, so i could be wrong.

My AE86 unfortunately, didnt' come with AC. No AC, no LSD, no REAR WINDOW wipers. I don't mind the no AC or window wipers.. the LSD, i took care of it with a CUSCO 1.5way.

welcome... nice car for a build platform... :biggrin:

Welcome to Prime!
Great looking GTS. I've always liked them but never got the chance to get one. I hear they make super drift cars.
Now....why does that rear look so familar to my car? hmmm.....
bad5_12.JPG

Revised2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice 86. Always liked the old 86's Liked them even more when I saw Initial D. Welcome to the Forums

Nice AE86! I do agree that this is by far the friendliest and most mature car forum I've come across....especially since I'm also an avid NASIOC browser...

Soooo- you like Airwolf, the AE86, and the NSX?

You have good taste dude! :biggrin: (I can't help it- Knightrider, Airwolf, and StreetHawk were childhood favorites...)

Your enthusiast attitude will play well here. Welcome!

Philip

Welcome.

Those pictures make me think of the movie Initial-D and also the BMI VTEC edition with the Hachi-Roku+F20C motor swap :cool:

Welcome! Are you going to be looking for a red NSX like your AE86?

Well, not at the moment. Ultimately, i want it white... But seeing how hard it is to get a White NSX, i'll consider a black one as well.. and later down the road.. who knows? I'll paint the black NSX, white/black(two tone NSX-R style).. but keep the engine bay black. =)

Nice 86. Always liked the old 86's Liked them even more when I saw Initial D. Welcome to the Forums

Thanks!!

if you'll like to sell that hachi roku one day then let me know! :biggrin:

hehe. It took me a lonnnnnnnng time to find my current AE86 in her current state: near mint. Interior is mint, everything is mint except the exterior. She needs a paint job. I probably won't sell her because of this reason: Because i claim her as my daily driver, my insurance for my other cars have gone down substantially.

Soooo- you like Airwolf, the AE86, and the NSX?

You have good taste dude! :biggrin: (I can't help it- Knightrider, Airwolf, and StreetHawk were childhood favorites...)

Your enthusiast attitude will play well here. Welcome!

Philip

Heh. Thanks! I like it old school. My favorite though is Airwolf. If you didn't know, once i get my AE86 with a two tone black&white paint job, it'll have the same scheme as Airwolf.. and that's why i'm Airwolf AE86. Kind of corny, i know.. But i'm a big fan of two tones..

Nice AE86! I do agree that this is by far the friendliest and most mature car forum I've come across....especially since I'm also an avid NASIOC browser...

I realized, there is a huge difference between people who can make enough $$$ to afford nicer cars vs. 240sx, AE86, etc.. People who make more are just happier and are generally more mature. Now, you can't generalize, but people in other forums for those "budget" cars... are sometimes downright catty with each other. Mean and ugly.. I rarely see "drama" on forums such as this, Bmw M3's, 6speedonline, s2ki.. Wonderful community NSXPRIME has.. REally, it is wonderful. I feel at home.

welcome... nice car for a build platform... :biggrin:
Thanks! Believe it or not, I've seen you before on Myspace. Daniel, right? USANA? You were also complimented on your NSX via S2ki.com's photo gallery section.

airwolf86> I realized, there is a huge difference between people who can make enough $$$ to afford nicer cars vs. 240sx, AE86, etc.. People who make more are just happier and are generally more mature. Now, you can't generalize, but people in other forums for those "budget" cars... are sometimes downright catty with each other. Mean and ugly.. I rarely see "drama" on forums such as this, Bmw M3's, 6speedonline, s2ki.. Wonderful community NSXPRIME has.. REally, it is wonderful. I feel at home.

I think the general difference with the people who own these less expensive cars isnt that they dont make enough, its that they cant manage their lifestyle in a way that they will SAVE enough.

Being that most of the product we sell is high-end, most of the customers tend to have a clearer vision as to what they want to put on their cars. They are more particular (picky) and will not settle for anything else, whereas lower budget enthusiasts simply go for what will do the job - often overlooking details.

I love older, light-weight Japanese cars.. therefor, none of the new cars will ever really be an interest for me (with exception to the Elise/Exige).. so the 240SX forums are home for me. On the forum I participate in, we're very rough around the edges and talk a lot of smack, its rough justice. Not to mention, NSX owners dont have to deal with the trendy crap that 240SX and AE86 owners are dealing with -- everyone asking if you drift, a car getting stolen every couple days, a complete influx of ex-honda civic owning retardation. We joke and say that nissan is the new honda for people to tune, because this whole trendy junk has gotten outta control.

Anyway, nice Corolla. I would take those Raybrig lights out and most likely sell them, you can get a billion times better lighting performance out of the Cibie H4 headlamps, combine that with some high output bulbs/wiring harness and thats really all you need. People on the Corolla forums dont listen, they slap in these cheaper headlamps (or worse, RHD headlamps) and combine them with an illegal HID "retrofit" kit.. and call it a day. Its too bad people dont rough up the truth on that forum (and here too), because those HID kits are illegal for sale in the US and cause more damage than they do good. Its not so much of an issue with the NSX, but definately an issue with cars equipped with RHD - these owners are amplifying their mistakes in ways they simply cannot comprehend.

Mike / ClearCorners.Com

Now....why does that rear look so familar to my car? hmmm.....
bad5_12.JPG

You know, many people have mentioned that the lamps are the same as the Corolla.. but I have not been able to verify this. All the pictures of the Corolla taillamps still have numerous visual differences. Do you have any really good side-by-side high res pics that show how those taillamps are identical?

airwolf86> I realized, there is a huge difference between people who can make enough $$$ to afford nicer cars vs. 240sx, AE86, etc.. People who make more are just happier and are generally more mature. Now, you can't generalize, but people in other forums for those "budget" cars... are sometimes downright catty with each other. Mean and ugly.. I rarely see "drama" on forums such as this, Bmw M3's, 6speedonline, s2ki.. Wonderful community NSXPRIME has.. REally, it is wonderful. I feel at home.

I think the general difference with the people who own these less expensive cars isnt that they dont make enough, its that they cant manage their lifestyle in a way that they will SAVE enough.

Being that most of the product we sell is high-end, most of the customers tend to have a clearer vision as to what they want to put on their cars. They are more particular (picky) and will not settle for anything else, whereas lower budget enthusiasts simply go for what will do the job - often overlooking details.

I love older, light-weight Japanese cars.. therefor, none of the new cars will ever really be an interest for me (with exception to the Elise/Exige).. so the 240SX forums are home for me. On the forum I participate in, we're very rough around the edges and talk a lot of smack, its rough justice. Not to mention, NSX owners dont have to deal with the trendy crap that 240SX and AE86 owners are dealing with -- everyone asking if you drift, a car getting stolen every couple days, a complete influx of ex-honda civic owning retardation. We joke and say that nissan is the new honda for people to tune, because this whole trendy junk has gotten outta control.

Anyway, nice Corolla. I would take those Raybrig lights out and most likely sell them, you can get a billion times better lighting performance out of the Cibie H4 headlamps, combine that with some high output bulbs/wiring harness and thats really all you need. People on the Corolla forums dont listen, they slap in these cheaper headlamps (or worse, RHD headlamps) and combine them with an illegal HID "retrofit" kit.. and call it a day. Its too bad people dont rough up the truth on that forum (and here too), because those HID kits are illegal for sale in the US and cause more damage than they do good. Its not so much of an issue with the NSX, but definately an issue with cars equipped with RHD - these owners are amplifying their mistakes in ways they simply cannot comprehend.

Mike / ClearCorners.Com

I couldn't have put it any better. Knowledge indeed you are Mike. :biggrin:

You know, many people have mentioned that the lamps are the same as the Corolla.. but I have not been able to verify this. All the pictures of the Corolla taillamps still have numerous visual differences. Do you have any really good side-by-side high res pics that show how those taillamps are identical?

I know the are toyota made taillights, they say so on them, one of the managers here at work has an 88 Esprit. I can't find an exact match either, my guess is they are a corolla or celica tail light, but with a unique lens just for lotus so that they aren't exactly the same.

I know the are toyota made taillights, they say so on them, one of the managers here at work has an 88 Esprit. I can't find an exact match either, my guess is they are a corolla or celica tail light, but with a unique lens just for lotus so that they aren't exactly the same.

Correcto, I heard the exact same thing - the lamps are made by Toyota but I couldnt recall whether or not they were actually from an exact production car.

Lotus hasnt changed much, have they? The Elise/Exige uses a tuned up Celica GT-S motor, right?

:confused: <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 width="100%">New & Prospective Owners / Car History / Comparisons NSX research & history, financing, comparisons, advice. New owner/member messages. NSX ONLY!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It does say "NSX Only" at the header on this section doesn't it?:confused:

i'm wondering where you bought that 86 from.. one of my teacher in high school had one and all the kids all him to sell it.. it was probably in that condition or better.. and yes it was red as well.. he was in his late 40's to early 50's

welcome to prime, the community and wealth of knowledge here was a big factor in my decision to getting the nsx as well. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get that ae86 for?

:confused: <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 width="100%">New & Prospective Owners / Car History / Comparisons NSX research & history, financing, comparisons, advice. New owner/member messages. NSX ONLY!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It does say "NSX Only" at the header on this section doesn't it?:confused:

It does, but it also says New owner/member messages. I don't think there is anything wrong with a new member introducing his current pride and joy when he makes his introduction to the forum.

The way he has reacted to how this forum community interacts is a good reminder of how nsxprime is still a forum with unique qualities that sets it apart from most if not all other car forums. It serves as a good balance to the threads about how the site is going downhill as NSX owner/enthusiast demographics change over time.

Back