New market research poll

What kind of NSX are you looking for?

• Fixed headlights - gotta have the newest look.

Votes: 43 28.9%
  • Popups! Nothing but the original design for me.

Votes: 70 47.0%
  • Don't care as long as it fits my budget.

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Don't care as long as it's an NA2.

Votes: 14 9.4%

• Total voters
Gotta have the 2015!! WOOT!

2015? You really think they spent all that money on superbowl ads on something that won't be released for 3+ years? Yeah right....

The 'word' is that Honda plans on surprising the world...the 'Camaro/Audi R8 love-child" NSX is slatted to hit the streets by summer 2013...

SHHHHH!

Last edited:
Gotta be the the pop-up. the fixed are fugly.

Did anyone ever report them for raiding the Misterbitchy 3000GT parts department in swiping those fixed headlights?

:D

Pop-up; NA2; Stock; Smooth Blue

NSX_50_Cropped.jpg

Never liked the fixed lights or the price change when they first came out. Seemed like a bad deal for a "restyle" back then. Still does now :-(

97-01 baby:smile:

"Price change" ?!?!?!
The MSRP was the same '02 - '05 as '97 - '01; not sure what you mean by price change.
"bad deal for a restyle"...... what !!?!?!?...... :confused:

Last edited:
I hope more and more people like the flip ups, and drag prices for the fixed ones down. More affordable for me. :biggrin:

"Price change" ?!?!?!
The MSRP was the same '02 - '05 as '97 - '01; not sure what you mean by price change.

Where do you understand that the price was always the same???

MSRP in '91 was around $60K.....MSRP in 2002-05 was around $90K.

$30,000.00 increase would be a significant price increase.

Uuuuh... As I stated in my response to you, "'97 - '01"; was the same msrp as '02 - '05. I did not reference 1991.
Where did you see '91 in my reply ?!?!

Point being, I still fail to understand your initial reply to this thread.

"Price change" ?!?!?!

I am in Canada. Price change here was significant IIRC - jumped to around 120k in canadian dollars. Maybe it was a function of dollar exchange rates at the time if the US price was unchanged.

It was also being marketed as a styling update as opposed to a new model.

Yea, you're not taking into account inflation. If the car was 60k in 1991, then in 2001 it would be 77.9k just accounting for US Dollar inflation, not to mention the Yen change during that time (since the car was made in Japan).

So, perhaps only a 13k increase in price worst case.

On a related note, have you guys seen how many views the "NSXs For Sale" forum has been getting? The newest ad was just posted last night, and it already has over 600 hits (as of this post)! :eek: Are there that many active shoppers out there?

And Tabasco - no offense, and your car is mint/pristine, but after 7 years and 45,000 views you may want to consider lowering your price if you really want to sell it. Or are you just here to test the waters?

Last edited:
On a related note, have you guys seen how many views the "NSXs For Sale" forum has been getting? The newest ad was just posted last night, and it already has over 600 hits (as of this post)! :eek: Are there that many active shoppers out there?

And Tabasco - no offense, and your car is mint/pristine, but after 7 years and 45,000 views you may want to consider lowering your price if you really want to sell it. Or are you just here to test the waters?

Phoen$x, no offense taking. Not testing the waters--thats the price. The car is perfect, rare, stock, one owner, all maintenance and gorgeous.

Next January I will raise it another $5k. Although it has been there awhile, I have had some decent offers, just not enough.

BTW, any flamers--keep your cool. You don't worry me!

Phoen$x, no offense taking. Not testing the waters--thats the price. The car is perfect, rare, stock, one owner, all maintenance and gorgeous.

Next January I will raise it another $5k. Although it has been there awhile, I have had some decent offers, just not enough.

That's fine. Your car, you're entitled to price however you want.

However, I would argue that promoting your NSX in threads outside of the marketplace seems like an attempt to bypass the 30-day bump rule. Just my $0.02.

Last edited:
that's fine. Your car, you're entitled to price however you want.

However, i would argue that promoting your nsx in threads outside of the marketplace seems like an attempt to bypass the 30-day bump rule. Just my $0.02.

you're the one who mentioned it is for sale!!!! Thanks for promoting it. You could get a commission

My NSX is NOT for sale, but if someone wants to buy it from me for $100,000 I will give the offer serious consideration!!!
:eek:

I just increased my price by $300k. Please note that it is now $500k. Buy now before I raise it another $500k next week!

I am determined to have the most expensive NSX of all time!

Back