New, just purchase 1993 NSX

HI, I am Dave, Just purchase 1993 NSX 2 months ago, and finally comes out from repairs, the car still stocks, I dont know what should I put in for starting, would be rims? or muffler? and I need opinion, what kinda nice rims for NSX? and what size is good, I dont need big size rims, since I have 20" hartge on my bmw, and I feel my bmw rides like a Jeep now

Anyone know where to put the clear bra? and what brand is good for NSX?

Thank you and I love this car, especially when turn at high speed, its' the best handling I ever had and of course the acceleration.

I attached my car pic, still very very stock :smile:
So I need You Guys Experts' opinion, Many Thanks

David Pang
The WatchMaker

Attachments

• Cars 145bbDavidPsmallfile800600.jpg
    Cars 145bbDavidPsmallfile800600.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 155
Many congrats on your new purchase. I'm leaving mine alone. You'll love the car. If I were going to do anything, I'd probably do an exhaust. Many wonderful wishes and safe driving in your new baby!

Congratulations on the car.

ride and looks, I would say 17 and 18s, or maybe 18s all around. Looks 18s and 19s.

Anyway I would do wheels first, I think you will find that updates the car more than any other modification, aesthetically anyway, then it would be a toss up between lowering and exhaust.

Do a search and you will find this topic, (wheel sizes) has been discussed in numeous threads.

I recommend you buying that Japanese magazine that has every single part for the NSX. They have just came out with a volume 2, which includes the NA2 and 02 NSX.

You will never get bored going through that magazine. Can't remember the magazine's name from the top of my end, but it features different angles of illustrations of the car and it is available for a lot of Japanese cars: Silvia, GTR, NSX, Integra, Civic, Rx-7, Supra.

I'm happy for your purchase. I know the feeling, just got mine also. Can't wait to go back to LA and see the car after I wrap up some business in Denver.

Get some new shocks too, that was my best mod so far. I'm sure your shocks are worn out.

NSXDreamer2 said:
Hyper Rev.

Anyone got some pics of the inside of the lastest nsx hyper rev? I'm curious all what is in there that's worth looking at. Also, is there enough aftermarket stuff out there for the nsx that can fill up a book?

Stick-e-rice said:
I recommend you buying that Japanese magazine that has every single part for the NSX. They have just came out with a volume 2, which includes the NA2 and 02 NSX.
Where can I purchase this magazine?

twinrabbit said:
HI, I am Dave, Just purchase 1993 NSX 2 months ago, and finally comes out from repairs, the car still stocks, I dont know what should I put in for starting, would be rims? or muffler? and I need opinion...

Hello Dave... :biggrin:

Welcome! Why was your car in repair for 2 months???

Q. Opinion on what to change... A. Why don't you drive the car for a while, look at the picture gallery here on NSX prime and read some sections in the FAQ... Then maybe YOU can then decide what it is that YOU would like to change (if anything at all!)....

IMO :smile:

AU_NSX said:

Q. Opinion on what to change... A. Why don't you drive the car for a while, look at the picture gallery here on NSX prime and read some sections in the FAQ... Then maybe YOU can then decide what it is that YOU would like to change (if anything at all!)....

I recommend you heed this excellent advice.
When you are dealing with a car as advanced as an NSX it’s not that easy to improve on it and it’s very easy to make changes that have a negative effect. Take your time, do your homework and understand the trade offs you are making.
Listen to opinions, of course but ultimately you should not care what anyone thinks because YOU will KNOW what YOU want and why.

Kind regards

Patrick

Ps Congratulations Dude!

AU_NSX said:

Well, I replaced the timing belt, the A/C only blow at high, and it needs to replace the control unit board, it take 2 weeks, to get that fix, cuz I cant afford a new board.

Replace all the brakes, all fluids on the cars, major service too, now the cars get better.

ALSO, I just purchased an original OEM Acura 16/17 rims and tires, for less than $600 hehehehe, this is a deal. For now, I will be happy with this rims, maybe next year, I might consider 17/18

Anyone go for the detailing in Lake Forrest? Great job?

Dave

Back