New Girl On The Forum "Help"

I live in the Smoky Mountains (Gatlinburg)the NSX looks sooooooo much fun to drive and there are lots of curves here. Will someone help me find the NSX of my dreams I don't want to be taken to the cleaners.

[This message has been edited by La Bomb (edited 23 December 2002).]

You came to the right place!

Here's what you do:

1. Look through classifieds/e-bay. This part is yours to do.
wink.gif

2. Note the city/state location of the NSX.
3. Post a thread in this forum asking if someone close by can check the car out for you.
4. Then take it to an Acura dealer to have it checked out.
5. If everything is a go, make out a check to the owner in exchange for the car title.
6. Fly out to drive it home or find a reputable transport company.
7. Take pictures of your new ride and post in this forum to be lavished with endless adoration.
biggrin.gif

8. Enjoy the ride!

Timbo, Thanks 70s is within my budget. Are the 03 going to be released soon? My second job does me well and yes I have been told that I have been good.

[This message has been edited by La Bomb (edited 23 December 2002).]

Originally posted by Timbo:
Apparently they have been offered for $72-73K

I've heard $73K, have not heard less, but anything's possible.

Originally posted by Timbo:
just as an example, here's a brand new '02 listed for $74.5K:

No, that one is not brand new. According to the listing, it's used; that means it has already been titled. Someone must have bought it and resold it without driving it much, since it still has only 90 miles. I'm not sure what the downsides are, if any, in buying from someone other than an Acura dealer, but it is not a new car. OTOH you may be able to pick it up for less than the $74,500 buy it now price, depending on how much the reserve price is.

An '03 manufactured car will probably get back up close to sticker again early spring - end of the year is the very best possible time to buy ANY car from a dealer - they don't want to carry inventory into next year.
Pick out the car you want, haggle on it to get an idea of their price point, then go back in next Tuesday 31st with your check book, knock at least another $2000 off & drive it home!

Nothing would make me happier than seeing another woman behind the wheel of an NSX! We have a red 02 here, we had it sitting outside the hotel at NSXPO. Shall I introduce to a salesWOMAN? I'm strictly service, but I'd be jazzed to hook you up.
Susan

Originally posted by D'Ecosse:
Pick out the car you want, haggle on it to get an idea of their price point, then go back in next Tuesday 31st with your check book, knock at least another $2000 off & drive it home!

Make the deal before the 31st, but don't complete the transaction until January 2nd. You'll save over a thousand bucks because the luxury tax expires after December 31.

Originally posted by cpmoran:
what is it that you do at your second job that you do so well and get paid even better?

I was going to ask the same question (but was afraid to (grin)).

Interesting handle "La Bomb". Any pictures ?

Welcome.......

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Make the deal before the 31st, but don't complete the transaction until January 2nd. You'll save over a thousand bucks because the luxury tax expires after December 31.

Nsxtasy,

You mean for 2003 there will be no more luxury tax.

Originally posted by NSX-GUY:
I was going to ask the same question (but was afraid to (grin)).

Interesting handle "La Bomb". Any pictures ?

Welcome.......

Now guys .... let's not scare the lady away with the sexist comments ....
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Yes, that's correct.

Where did you get this info from?

Correct me if I'm wrong. In 2003 if you buy a brand new 2003 luxury or exotic car you don't have pay luxury tax anymore.

Does the standard, don't buy a new one because they depreciate a ton when you drive them off the lot, apply with NSXs? Most of the time it makes more since to buy one with just a few miles on it, lux tax is paid and it's quite a bit cheaper... Cya

Originally posted by NSX-GUY:
I understand buying after 1/1/03 but what's the point of "making the deal" before the 31st ?

I'm guessing so you can haggle a bit more, and get the price down since they want to sell before the end of the month.

Originally posted by WannabeNSXr:
Does the standard, don't buy a new one because they depreciate a ton when you drive them off the lot, apply with NSXs?

Not if you're buying one for a competitive price (e.g. ~$73K). You won't "lose your shirt" if you sell it shortly thereafter. (You will lose a few thousand dollars, but that's relatively minor.)

However, the depreciation in the first few years is significantly greater than later on.

Originally posted by WannabeNSXr:
Most of the time it makes more since to buy one with just a few miles on it, lux tax is paid and it's quite a bit cheaper... Cya

Well, with the discontinuation of the luxury tax next week, that's no longer an issue.

Originally posted by La Bomb:
I hope this works with the picture.Going to Kentucky today to look at 2 NSXs will keep you posted.
backyardgatlinburg.jpg

I don't know why but I have a tendancy to believe that you're not real la Bomb...

anyway, best of luck in your NSX purchasing quest if it's also real...

How could you convince me that you are real???
smile.gif

Back