New first-time owner in Maryland

Every panel on the car had been taken off and there was an RDOT sticker on one of the doors... The whole car needed to be repainted… All the seals needed to be replaced for the most part... The clutch didn't feel right... Let's just say my '91 is a 10 out of 10 compared to that car.

In addition to that... the entire car was wrecked at one point. The front frame/strut towers had paint work, the paint work was equivalent to maaco or worst. Every single rubber seal had overspray/red paint on them, clutch was supposedly "new" and needed replaced, timing belt/waterpump had not been done. The best part is the car had an autocheck score of 96 and a clean carfax. I drove a total of 20 hours for that car, rented a car, went through the process to bring the funds, etc etc. Every single lense on the car is broken, 80 grit sand paper marks on the rear hatch glass and other glass, climate control needing Brian K repair, wheel well liners ripped/missing, I could literally go on and on. I asked the seller for specific pictures/to inspect all body panel bolts and he insisted nothing was ever replaced or repaired. Later found out from Jose that he had previously worked at a body shop.

The car is a total nightmare and not only was my time wasted, but energy and $$.

In addition to that... the entire car was wrecked at one point. The front frame/strut towers had paint work, the paint work was equivalent to maaco or worst. Every single rubber seal had overspray/red paint on them, clutch was supposedly "new" and needed replaced, timing belt/waterpump had not been done. The best part is the car had an autocheck score of 96 and a clean carfax. I drove a total of 20 hours for that car, rented a car, went through the process to bring the funds, etc etc. Every single lense on the car is broken, 80 grit sand paper marks on the rear hatch glass and other glass, climate control needing Brian K repair, wheel well liners ripped/missing, I could literally go on and on. I asked the seller for specific pictures/to inspect all body panel bolts and he insisted nothing was ever replaced or repaired. Later found out from Jose that he had previously worked at a body shop.

The car is a total nightmare and not only was my time wasted, but energy and $$.

I asked for close up pics of the engine compartment and circled the area of a photo he sent me that I wanted to see more of because it was clear to me it had been resprayed. He kept sending me pics of the area right next to what I wanted and played dumb like he didn't know what I wanted to see. Then he finally sent me a pic of the area I wanted to see, and I could tell he had sprayed some black paint so that it would look like it was supposed to. Also lots of the metal fittings and bolts in the engine compartment were rusty, so I feared it might have been a Superstorm Sandy car, since that's the area the storm affected. Last straw, the title to the car was not even in his name, it was still in the previous owner's name and that bothers me. Fortunately, that same night I stumbled upon a clean NSX on Craigslist and had struck a deal hours later. The moral: if you're in the market for an NSX, be ready to pounce on a good one, but don't ignore obvious warning signs because if the price is too good to be true...well you know.

Congratulations on your NSX ! Enjoy the walk-away look back syndrome, its not a bad thing

Thanks!

Thanks! I have to stop looking back, people keep looking at me strangely! :biggrin:

Welcome to the DMV Nsx owners club! There are alot of good primers in this area, hopefully soon we can get all or most of the local nsx's together for a meet. Where in maryland are you located?

remember you can send me the car and we can give her a factory refresh including paint.

but I am glad you got her just love her and drive her.

Congrats Jose,

Great looking car, enjoy it!

Congrats and welcome, do you plan on upgrading the wheels, any particular mods or leaving as is? Either way looks awesome and enjoy.

Congrats and welcome, do you plan on upgrading the wheels, any particular mods or leaving as is? Either way looks awesome and enjoy.
Thanks guys!

I will upgrade the wheels later to something a little more to my liking. These will do for now though. The car already has basic bolt-ons (uni filter, comptech headers, pride v1). I plan to add a quality sound system, kw coilovers, and some aesthetic updates to the interior and engine bay.

- - - Updated - - -

Best quote ever was from a guy at NSXPO 2010 who said "black isn't a color .. it's a hobby" ... and I couldn't agree more.

It's definitely a labor of love. This is the 4th black car I've owned, so I have some practice at keeping it up. I really wanted a white car this time around but I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
I pulled her out today to wash and detail a bit. So as promised, here are some pics! Enjoy!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0226.jpg
    DSC_0226.jpg