New first-time owner in Maryland

Hello Prime,

I feel like I am finally complete! I joined prime back in 2003 to learn as much as I could about the car and actually almost bought a '92 Berlina Black on Black but didn't pull the trigger because I was young and didn't think I could afford the car at the time. Over the years I got to learn about the car and see everyone's build threads and overall I got a great feeling for the NSX community. Fast forward 10 years later I seriously began to look. I wasn't at it alone...I had Brian from Source1, Shawn in tampa, LarryB in NY and a local buddy all looking for me and helping me in any way they could (Thank you all!). I explored the salvage option, the buy cheap/clean title car and rebuild option, but finally I settled for a well maintained relatively low mileage '91 Berlina Black on Black with a clean title. This past Wednesday my dream of ownership finally became a reality and I couldn't be more ecstatic! The 4 hour drive home from NYC was comfortable and gratifying. It was all that I expected and then some. It's crazy that a 22 year old car can put such a smile on your face. When I cracked into VTEC for the first time and heard the intake open up.... JUST WOW! Anyways, enough ranting. Here's a picture for now. I'll have more pics when I detail the car.

Thanks Prime!

Jose

photo.jpg

Great car, I was looking at this one before I bought mine, it was just too far for me to go test drive. But definitely a great buy, all the maintenance has recently been done and the previous owner is a long time NSX owner himself. Congratulations!

Thanks everyone!

Congrats Jose! I remember the car. Still looks great!
Brian, you are the man! Thanks for vouching for this car. I LOVE IT! Needs some paint correction but overall in great condition.

- - - Updated - - -

Great car, I was looking at this one before I bought mine, it was just too far for me to go test drive. But definitely a great buy, all the maintenance has recently been done and the previous owner is a long time NSX owner himself. Congratulations!

I'll trade you! LOL I saw the one you bought for sale and couldn't convince my wife to let me spend 10k more. Otherwise I would have bought that one.

Congratulations, I was in NJ The past few days for work so i wasnt able to meet you here :(

glad you love the car!

Congrats and welcome aboard (to ownership) finally Jose!! Glad I could help in any way that I could. Car looks great!

Also very glad neither of us ended up with that oh so lovely 99' misrepresented Formula!!!

cool very cool we looked and looked and then you stopped e-mailing me I thought you gave up. anyway I am glad you got one.

def black is the fastest color but to keep it clean is a beast. I am sure your gonna wax it daily like I did for a few months then you get to the uggg point.

I just swapped from black box turtle wax to the newest holy cow Meguirers black tube wax its the best I have ever used for black cars. waxed my car last month and it still feels like it was waxed yesterday dirt doesnt stick to it anymore
you just get a leaf blower and bye bye dirt no washing needed.

- - - Updated - - -

blackwax.jpg

cool very cool we looked and looked and then you stopped e-mailing me I thought you gave up. anyway I am glad you got one.

def black is the fastest color but to keep it clean is a beast. I am sure your gonna wax it daily like I did for a few months then you get to the uggg point.

I just swapped from black box turtle wax to the newest holy cow Meguirers black tube wax its the best I have ever used for black cars. waxed my car last month and it still feels like it was waxed yesterday dirt doesnt stick to it anymore
you just get a leaf blower and bye bye dirt no washing needed.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 107355
shawn I was really trying to get a car that needed some love to build to my specs...but in the end I'm super happy. Just washed her today and detailed the interior. Clay bar and paint correction is next! I love this! The new NSX has a lot to live up to!

As far as black is concerned my last car was black...I Use wolfgang products on it. Same stuff that Tyler uses on Caroline.

Last edited:

I'll trade you! LOL I saw the one you bought for sale and couldn't convince my wife to let me spend 10k more. Otherwise I would have bought that one.

If you manage to outlive me then you can buy my NSX and pry it off my rotting dead hands. :wink:
I'm still in the honeymoon period, I can't go in the garage and not stare at it for less than 5 minutes.
Welcome to the club!

congratulations! car looks great, ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

I almost pulled the trigger on that '99 in Glen Burnie. The price was soooo enticing but some of the pics he sent me screamed skeletons in the closet. What exactly was the bad news about that car? Anyway, glad I passed.

Congrats and welcome aboard (to ownership) finally Jose!! Glad I could help in any way that I could. Car looks great!

Also very glad neither of us ended up with that oh so lovely 99' misrepresented Formula!!!

I almost pulled the trigger on that '99 in Glen Burnie. The price was soooo enticing but some of the pics he sent me screamed skeletons in the closet. What exactly was the bad news about that car? Anyway, glad I passed.

Every panel on the car had been taken off and there was an RDOT sticker on one of the doors... The whole car needed to be repainted… All the seals needed to be replaced for the most part... The clutch didn't feel right... Let's just say my '91 is a 10 out of 10 compared to that car.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking bro, Keep it up! :wink:

Thanks man! Should have the detail done tonight. Here are a couple of before shots. iPhone pics...hope the swirls are visible.

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,879
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,845
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,850
Last edited:
Need a polish for those swirl marks ~ ideally before winter sets in. Maybe even compound.

Need a polish for those swirl marks ~ ideally before winter sets in. Maybe even compound.

I've gotten most of the swirl marks out (Wolfgang Concours Series Swirl Remover 3.0). The clear bra on the front end still has some that i'm afraid will remain there unless I decide to take it off and put a new one on. There are some scratches that I was unable to correct but i'm happy overall. I dont want the car to be too perfect otherwise I wont want to drive it.

Back