New Ferrari is out: Yay or Nayyyy?

pic of the new 456 being tested

320588.jpg

hmmm I'm not liking those proportions in the ring pics.... :(

I am officially older the newer car designs get. I'll be that 30 year old fogey spouting off about the late70's - late90's cars being the best and everything afterwards being anywhere from terrible to only o.k.

scottjua said:
I'll agree with the masses...this jsut doesn't "do it" for me...

Ferrari is losing it's edge/Pinninfarina, whoever is designing these things now... I jsut don't get all riled up like I used to when I saw a Ferrari. All the shapes are getting more bland. And even the Enzo, which IS crazy looking, isn't very sexy. It's nutso looking but not the same way the F40 or F50 was.

said well...
the older ferrari's were like "holy good god..."
the newer ones dont look bad but they dont have the jaw-dropping appeal (except for the 550 which i think is gorgeous)

Is it just me, or is the styling of exotic cars are looking more plain by the year, or are modern generic mass- production cars looking more "exotic" than they were? Back in the 80's and early 90's, when we had cars like the 328, 348, Testarossa, Lambo Countach, and of course the NSX, we didn't see regular production cars from the same era sharing any styling cues with these exotics. In other words, you can't find modern exotic car with styling that are so wild and off the wall like they were back in the day.

Look at this 612 Scaglietti, you'd see some hint of Hyundai, Supra, C1 Vette, Thunderbird, and even a bit of the Jag S-Type, all rolled into one.

Exotic-looking? Not to me.....

Last edited:
Back