• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Drift King (Keiichi Tsuchiya) Interview (NSX Comments)

Hi guys, I just got back a list of questions from an interview I did with Keiichi Tsuchiya (AKA: The Drift King) for my website http://www.animenewsservice.com (will be posting soon). He pilots the Autobaccs ARTA NSX racecar among other things. I sent all my questions in Japanese but he wrote back in English! Here's an outtake that may interest you guys:

I've read some reports that HONDA may drop the NSX platform and opt not to produce the HSC concept. Will HONDA truly desert their super-sports platform representative?

"Is it difficult .... It is heard that it may be lost. To the last, it is the talk of the possibility."

NsSeX said:
and for your info Tsuchiya isn't the new drift king. He has been the drift king :wink:

I think he got it right, what he's saying should be read as:
NEW drift king INTERVIEW = a new interview with the drift king

On his site it says:
"Exclusive Interview: The Drift King Keiichi Tsuchiya", not 'new' drift king

Phimphasone said:
really? i thought that old guy is still making drift video tutorials...anyone got a copy?

... old man ??
Next week Sunday (January 30th) will be his 49th birthday... he looks pretty good for his age, I think.

In a semi related note, heres a picture of two of my employees and myself with Tarzan.

In picture, from left to right, my webmaster from michigan, david from my houston location, tarzan, and myself.

DSC05369.JPG

We ran into him at the Sema show last year. For a celebrity he was very friendly and even pushed his female arm candy away from him so that he could take a picture with us. Cool guy !

Kei Tsuchiya is one of my favorite Japanese drivers. I think he's a very cool guy. Seen him at TAS and various events. He's old-school and likes simple, clean, purpose-built vehicles.

Mike / ClearCorners.Com

Back