New daily driver for me.

My dad moved up in the ranks pretty fast.

He is Bi Polar and was VERY good about flipping the switch in his head to be good at something.

As you can imagine he's not impressed with the speed or G forces of anything road faring or civilian/commercial crafts.

F-104 is a widow maker that ONLY a few can fly well without killing themselves with only 7 feet of wing on each side.

I'd rather have the CL65 or CL55 than an Audi (VW).

Fit and finish of the Audi is below a BMW, which is below a Benz IMHO.
From Jalopnick.com​
"Of course, I was prepared for all those suggestions, largely because I had asked for them. What I wasn't prepared for was what came after suggestions. I'll call them the "Could'ves."
For those of you who have never experienced this phenomenon, allow me to explain the actions of a Could've. What happens is, you purchase a car. It doesn't have to be a Ferrari. It could be any car. It could be a Ford Taurus. It could be an Infiniti J30.

Anyway: you purchase a car. And then you tell your friends about the car. And inevitably, one of them, scorned by the fact that you didn't take his suggestion, lists all the cars you could've bought, the implication being that you messed up, and his choices would've been far superior.

Now, I admit, I'm all for a nice game of "Would you rather?" You know this if you follow me on Twitter, where I am constantly posting pictures of my Ferrari next to other cool cars with the caption "Would you rather?", and you are constantly telling me to move my Ferrari immediately or else it'll catch the other car on fire.

But the Could've thing is a little more annoying, because it suggests I've made a terrible blunder, while simultaneously noting that person speaking to me wouldn't have made such a silly mistake. So I've decided to devote today's column to addressing the Could've that I've heard most often: you could've bought a new Porsche 911. My response is: no, I couldn't. Because it's too expensive."

I'd rather have a CL65 or even a C63 AMG, but they're too expensive. ;)

Last edited:
Nice DD ~ I'm a long time Audi fan and will pick Audi over Mercedes any day of the week. I'm driving an B6 S4 as my daily and it's a great car and been pretty reliable too.

Side-note, never knew about the CL-65 designation for planes. I always thought he drove a Mercedes CL65 as well and just happens to be a pilot :)

Nice DD ~ I'm a long time Audi fan and will pick Audi over Mercedes any day of the week. I'm driving an B6 S4 as my daily and it's a great car and been pretty reliable too.

Side-note, never knew about the CL-65 designation for planes. I always thought he drove a Mercedes CL65 as well and just happens to be a pilot :)

Thanks. And love your new ride! This is my first Audi and it has impressed me in that it just does everything well with no drama. It just works.

I love my Audi as well CL65.....mine is a bit older (C5) but a great car. The only downside I would say is cost of maintenance. Congrats on yours, it will serve you well.....especially in the inclement weather.

Back