0-60mph: 5.5 sec
$50,400

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/boxster/boxster/

2013-Porsche-Boxster-S.jpg

Porsche Boxster

265hp
$50,400

Not to get too far off topic but I have to admit I really like this car. I was with a group of friends on a weekend vacation in the Fredricksburg area outside of austin and we saw one while roaming the streets for a coffee shop. Even friends that were not car people instantly noticed it and actually crossed the street to get a closer look. It is well designed.

Chris Harris and other respectable journalists also really praise the car. The weight, power, etc. are all about where I want them for a convertable. There are so few cars I'd consider as an upgrade to my s2000 (yes a drop top aston would be an upgrade but that is apples to oranges) and this is one of them. That being said, it is a bit shocking (or impressive) that my lowly 10 year old $34k Honda's performance is not significantly different than the base boxster for $50k. The s2000 has 15-25 less hp but weighs ~100lbs less. The 315hp boxster is certainly an upgrade all around though.

There are so few cars I'd consider as an upgrade to my s2000 (yes a drop top aston would be an upgrade but that is apples to oranges) and this is one of them.

The Boxster is hardly an upgrade from an S2000. The Boxster is a piece of shit and the hideous little thing will give you nothing but problems as it begins to self-destruct the first day you get it home. Send your S2000 to SoS for a horsepower upgrade. You'll be much happier with the Honda.

The Boxster is hardly an upgrade from an S2000. The Boxster is a piece of shit and the hideous little thing will give you nothing but problems as it begins to self-destruct the first day you get it home. Send your S2000 to SoS for a horsepower upgrade. You'll be much happier with the Honda.

Umm.....I would say you are in the minority in that opinion. The Boxster is far superior to a S2000 and IMHO probably just as reliable! The s2000 compares well with 2002 - 2006 MY Boxster's, not the 2013 version.

lol......hugh loves German cars.....:wink:

I wouldn't buy one either because I don't like anything I cannot beat on but the 315hp version is definitely at least a performance upgrade from the s2000. I spent a pretty penny on my 36k miles AP2 when I bought it; I was sold on it a long time ago.

Porsche Boxster
265hp
$50,400

Corvette
430hp
0-60mph: 4.2 sec
$49,600

What's your point? Vette has it beat in the numbers game ALL day long. Not even a contest.
With that said, its apples to oranges with those two cars, going to be very different ownership experiences.

Back