New Civic Si

Anyone get a chance to drive a new SI?

I've been seeing commercials for that sucker all the time. I went to the dealership and found out that only 15,000 are being made for 06. I got to see one, but they wouldn't let me drive it. Yea a bit pricey at 22K, but man that is one nice looking car. Any input on this car?

BTW-it seems the Honda boys have more respect for the NSX than the folks at my local Acura dealership. WTF?

If you think $22K is pricey then you going to go crazy when you see this price tag.

fg2002.jpg

SilverStone05 said:
Anyone get a chance to drive a new SI?

I've been seeing commercials for that sucker all the time. I went to the dealership and found out that only 15,000 are being made for 06. I got to see one, but they wouldn't let me drive it. Yea a bit pricey at 22K, but man that is one nice looking car. Any input on this car?

BTW-it seems the Honda boys have more respect for the NSX than the folks at my local Acura dealership. WTF?

I haven't driven an SI (I only sat in one at the LA Auto Show a few weeks back) but I did drive a new EX.

My first new car was a 1995 Civic EX 4 door 5 speed that I bought when I got my first job out of college. To date, it's still the only car I ever really regret selling because it was perfect for what it did, never gave me one problem and was cheap as hell to own. So, I'm kind of partial to Honda's "cheapest" US offering.

The new Civics are light years ahead of my old one in terms of the ride quality, NVH control, torque, fit and finish, quality of materials, etc. But I didn't like it.

Why? The driving position. The magazine articles are going on and on about the fact that the windshield is more sharply raked than the one in the NSX. My question is why? The dashboard/windshield/drivers seat relationship in the new Civic is just plain weird and I could not get comfortable drving the car. Think the "new VW bug" and you'll see what I mean.

The stat's on the Si are very impressive and when you compare it's price and performance to say a Mini Cooper S, it looks like a bargain. But I wouldn't buy one just because of how weird the driving position is.

AndyH said:
If you think $22K is pricey then you going to go crazy when you see this price tag.
$12,988 markup on a $20K Honda is absolutely idiotic. Geez, I know they're doing that to create some haggling room, but puh-leez!!! :rolleyes: Someone should get their bell rung for sticking that on a car.

And did I read that correct? $495 for "propane"? :confused: Or does it actually spell something out for some sort of extended warranty?

FuryNSX said:
$12,988 markup on a $20K Honda is absolutely idiotic. Geez, I know they're doing that to create some haggling room, but puh-leez!!! :rolleyes: Someone should get their bell rung for sticking that on a car.

And did I read that correct? $495 for "propane"? :confused: Or does it actually spell something out for some sort of extended warranty?

Thats Pro Package, and Im assuming its $12k for that, not $495.

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
I really think the last gen Civic looks the best. You can mod it and it wont look rice at all.

I thought the last generation Civic (EP) was too minivan-ish looking. I think the new Si, although not a hatchback, is quite a nice design.

haha it better come with a 2.0 litre i-vtec turbo engine, and 22 carat Diamond Covered Rims and body..... for an extra $12k lol.....

"Pro-Pack" is a paint and Interior Protection package..and yes they want 495$ for it

The 12k is just dealer mark-up.

In 1991 when I was at an Acura dealer we were selling NSXs that had a 67k sticker for 90k....Its all about demand.

satan_srv said:
My brother just bought one. They're great little cars, renders the RSX overpriced, although it's less refined. Nice!

As a new RSX owner, I must defend the price -- it's just a little bit more than MSRP on the Si, and with most of the markup dealers are charging these days, the RSX is a lot cheaper.

flaminio said:
As a new RSX owner, I must defend the price -- it's just a little bit more than MSRP on the Si, and with most of the markup dealers are charging these days, the RSX is a lot cheaper.

I shouldn't say price, more value. I'm sure the RSX is dropping in price, in response to the Si. Personally I like the feel and quality better on the RSX-S, but the Civic is a nice package. My brother didn't pay over MSRP.

sells itself...

All the '06 Civics are going for MSRP here in Greater Austin, Texas. The dealership I went to a few weeks ago were moving half-dozen to dozen Civics on any given day. I dunno if there's any specials out w/ Honda financing currently, but that's a tidy volume for a single model!?! :cool:

Da Hapa/Christian, I totally feel you about the a-pillar and windshield angle on the Civic. I was turned off by it enough to dismiss the Civic, despite the coupe's being very nice in stature and style.

'06 Accord VP-L is where it's at... toss the 15incher steelies and OEM stereo/speakers on eBay; go aftermarket and grab some 18's, tints, leather interior, HID-conversion kit, 4speaker/sub'/in-dash_unit... :biggrin:

SilverStone05 said:
I got to see one, but they wouldn't let me drive it.
So let me get this straight, you have a 05 NSX and they wouldnt let you drive the Civic. I would tell that dealership to kiss my a55! I wouldnt buy any car without driving it first.:cool:
and I would definetly get a TL before a Civic at that price!

That $12k dealer markup reminds me when the EVO first came out.

The new Si is a great daily driver IMO. For 22k it not that much more than a EX model. You get more for your $ on the Si.

honda really outdone themselves this time by raising the bar on their compact class. i done look at the civic as a civic anymore. other car makers need to catch up.

One thing Honda is hoping to accomplish with the new Civics is bump it up in their line up in hopes of changing its perception of being a ecno-box with no "luxury ammenities." This is done to make room for the up comming entry model HONDA FIT.

Back