New Acura sportscar looking GOOOOOOD!

I'm jealous of Downeys' full head of hair...:redface:

What I want to know is, is this car rolling on brand name wheels, or are knock off replicas good enough for daily driving? :D

Yes, I went there...

LoL

I see a lot of the NSX in it. A few tweaks and I think it could be a very good looking car. Question would be performance.

I think it looks good even even with the beak. I hope this car will materialize. If the R8 was introduced in IronMan, why can't a new Acura sports ar be introduced in the Avengers?:smile:

What I want to know is, is this car rolling on brand name wheels, or are knock off replicas good enough for daily driving?

Yes, I went there...

The car will be rolling on OEM wheels made by Rota. Nothing wrong with Rota !!

Last edited:
This look more like an NSX with a body kit? Maybe we can have someone create the kit for us? :biggrin:

Vance I was thinking the same thing. Looks like a NA2 under all that body work. I don't care though- they should build it!

I really like it. Maybe they will make it. As much as it costs to put that into a movie why do it if they won't make it?

I agree with others. This car looks like a NSX with a body kit. I do not believe that it is anything destined for production. Honda/Acura isn't that smart anymore.

The front looks quite low, like our NSX's. Additionally, the rear photo of the car shows what appears to be a bulky tonneau cover. After seeing some of the NSX convertible conversion, it looks awefully similar.

As with others, I do not understand the logic behind creating a one-off vehicle for a movie especially when Honda/Acura is bemoaning the difficulties of the current economy. I hate to burst people's bubble but I believe this is yet another example of how lost Honda/Acura management has become.

If, however, I am wrong (and I hope that I am) and Honda does produce one similar to this in a hardtop/coupe version, I will likely once again open my checkbook to fund Honda executive's retirement funds; otherwise, I plan on moving onto other brands.

Just saw this video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS-rZqhF_P4

Actually it isn't a video rather some annoying music with pictures of the car in question. After seeing this video, in particular the added photos, I do believe that this is a NSX with a body kit.

If you take a look at ~:45, look at the dash or at least the reflection of the dash. It appears the upper dash garnish and padded upper segment of the dash is remarkably similar to that in our NSX's.

So I guess the real reason that this car is so appealing to many of us is that it likely is indeed an old NSX.

There you go. I think it is an NSX.

I know Honda still have enough NSX parts for probably another 1000 cars.

Attachments

• xl_Acura-Avengers-02.jpg
    xl_Acura-Avengers-02.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,044
Pretty sure it is an NSX.

What other option does Acura have these days (or any other days)? :biggrin:

Tony Stark driving a RL? TL? TSX? ZDX? MDX? RDX? Nah...

The exhaust looks like a USB or HDMI port, don't care for it.

Last edited:
Just a gentle reminder boys and girls to please refrain from personal attacks/offensive language and anything else that might result in posts being reported then deleted.

Carry on.

Politely please.........

lol... there's two of these threads going on. I use to think this could potentially be an NSX chassis with a body kit but the distance between the door and the trunk is short. Essentially, the rear quarter panel on the NSX seems much longer by proportion.

attachment.php

(oh no, someone mentioned Unicorns)

Windshield and frame (curvature) completely different than NSX. I don't think it's just a body kit.

Pretty sure it is an NSX.

What other option does Acura have these days (or any other days)? :biggrin:

Tony Stark driving a RL? TL? TSX? ZDX? MDX? RDX? Nah...

Heh. Maybe it could be part of the storyline that Stark got pissed that Acura was taking so long in coming up with a new NSX - so he updated the design by himself (and his helpful computer buddy).

http://www.gtspirit.com/2011/09/03/spyshot-acura-for-new-avengers-film/

Looks like Acura is ripping off Mazda....

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C4Xl0i4uNGU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C4Xl0i4uNGU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

THAT would be a cool enough car to be a new halo for Acura. That is really sharp, and has the kind of contemporary exotic look that could slot it in with other exotics.

I know others have said it wont be a production car, but I still catch myself wishful thinking.

P

hmmm.... could Robert Downey= Alex Zanardi...Acura may think so...:tongue:

Back