New 2 screen system installed....Finally!

After much research and a lot of help here on Prime, my new entertainment system is done. I would like to thank Malibu Rapper for all his guidance. Also Mr. "Ztoolman" for all his help with all my newbee questions and delivery of the goods. There was many other resources of help as well, but nothing comes close to the help here on the Prime. Rich at HCA really did a first class job on my Nav Pod as well as my console cut out for the double din. Professional installation by ICE Truck Works. (2 day job.)
Ok, so here are the components:

-Kenwood DDX 512
-Kenwood/Garmin KNA G510 GPS
-Kenwood LZ 702W touchscreen (Nav Pod)
-Kenwood Kca-ip300 (Ipod control cable A/V interface. Center armrest.)
-Kenwood CCD-2000 back up camera
-Alpine PDX-4.150 Amp (trunk mounted)
-Focal 165 KPS speaker system
-Solo Baric L7 *8" subwoofer with custom enclosure from 1NSNSX
-Trunk Monkey
<table class="bullet_table" height="189" width="830"><tbody><tr><td class="bullet_bullet">
</td><td class="bullet_text" gtid="7703">[FONT=&quot]It all works perfect. I could have hooked up the GPS and back up camera to the DDX 512, but it would be too busy on one screen. I opted for the two screen clean approach. My iPhone works with the DDX 512 head unit to play my music from my iPhone, but as of now the Bluetooth hands free does not work with the iPhone. I talked to Kenwood and they are coming out with an adapter that will accommodate the iPhone soon. The iPhone sits on a flat black custom plexiglass holder that goes in the center armrest.
My antenna, (stock oem) only extends when the radio is selected, Humm, how did the installer figure that one? Also, both the backup cam and the DVD both work when the car is moving, (ground wire instead of e brake/reverse hookup.) The sound quality is quite unbelievable. I can recommend this setup for anyone who wants high quality audio & video setup in their NSX.
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
*Night time shots w & w/o flash.

GPS & source select
gpsandaudioscreens.jpg

Audio control setup screen
audiosettingscreen.jpg

<!--[endif]-->
[/FONT]</td></tr><tr><td class="bullet_bullet">
</td><td class="bullet_text" gtid="7979">
Setup screen #1
optionscreen2.jpg

</td></tr><tr><td class="bullet_bullet">
</td><td class="bullet_text" gtid="7691">
</td><td class="bullet_text" gtid="7704">Setup screen #2
optionsscreen1.jpg

</td><td class="bullet_text" gtid="7705">
</td><td class="bullet_text" gtid="7706">GPS & a DVD movie
bothgpsandmgmlion.jpg

It's strange seeing a movie in the NSX :confused:
Orionsplash.jpg

Focal tweeter placement
focaltweet.jpg

Alpine amp in trunk* custom invisable plexiglass backer attached to old CD trunk mounts
alpineamp.jpg

</td><td class="bullet_text" gtid="7971">
iPhone in center arnrest
iPhone.jpg

Now this is really kewl! :biggrin:
seatandbothscreens.jpg

</td><td class="bullet_text" gtid="7980">
</td><td class="bullet_text" gtid="7702"> Regards,
6429sig_red_sm.jpg

Sky:smile:
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:
Incredible system. How does it sound???

It sounds incredible. I cannot describe it but it takes your breath away and goes to your bone marrow all at the same time!

Sky:wink:

PS: Years ago I flew into Dubai and stayed at the Dubai Hilton for many years. Miss the Shawarma's!

It look like my but i got Alpine

Attachments

• nav.jpg
    nav.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 253
Forgot this one too

Attachments

• start button.jpg
    start button.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 243
Great looking setup skyguy. Did you have to tell HCA what DD unit you were planning to use, and then they make the cut accordingly, or did it fit in just perfect? Did you use the SOS bracket for mounting it, or was it custom?

Also, did it take much work to get the LZ-702 monitor to fit in the pod? And when the NAV is on the monitor up top, it works completely independently of the DD unit down below?

Once again, great system you chose there.

Wow looks good. According to the display your NSX has 4 seats. Very nice! hehe JK :wink: :tongue: :biggrin:

Great looking setup skyguy. Did you have to tell HCA what DD unit you were planning to use, and then they make the cut accordingly, or did it fit in just perfect?
No, they did a standard double din cutout and it fit perfect. * I was a little concerend but my fear was unjustified.
Did you use the SOS bracket for mounting it, or was it custom?
I did use the SOS bracket. *almost impossible w/o.

Also, did it take much work to get the LZ-702 monitor to fit in the pod?
I had a botched job at first. I then left it in the hands of HCA and they worked magic! *I wouldn't attempt this with using HCA.
And when the NAV is on the monitor up top, it works completely independently of the DD unit down below?
yes it is independent of the lower dd unit. The top pod is Nav & cam only. The Kenwood DDX 512 has the ability to have Nav & cam, but I felt it was too much for one screen. I have used it for a couple days and I like the two screen setup.
I used the KCA ip300 cord for my iPhone. (*Manual dosen't list iPhone, but it works.) The KCA ip300 has a usb and connects to the only usb out from the DDX unit. I would highly suggest a splitter or access to the usb from the back of the DDX unit. I have a 8 GB thumb drive and ipod function from my iPhone as well. Should have plenty of music storage!

Sky:smile:

Great looking setup skyguy. Did you have to tell HCA what DD unit you were planning to use, and then they make the cut accordingly, or did it fit in just perfect? Did you use the SOS bracket for mounting it, or was it custom?

Also, did it take much work to get the LZ-702 monitor to fit in the pod? And when the NAV is on the monitor up top, it works completely independently of the DD unit down below?

Once again, great system you chose there.

All major brand double dins are built to an exact size, everytime. Their screens may have different corners on the display (rounded: Eclipse, square: Pioneer) but have the same size chassis. Therefore the opening is universal, fitting all major brands.

We recommened the use of a SoS bracket with our bezel. It offers the best adjustability.

It does take a bit of time to make that mount for Sky's pod. The screen fits top to bottom well, but lacks almost an inch of width. We add that inch, and rework the face. FYI - We can custom fit any 7" screen, and just maybe, the right 9".

The DD runs the show. It is feeding the upper screen the nav/back up camera and leaving the DD's screen open for DVD/CD. They display independantly but are both controlled by the DD.

Sky - The interior looks fantastic!

Thanks

Rich @ HCA

So does the lower screen have the capitbity of controlling both functions on both screens? basically can the lower screen be the keypad for the navi on the upper screen and or adjust DVD's or T.V. Tuner on the upper screen? I wanted to see something on that level but haven't found any manufactures that made something like that. Also, being able to have navi on top and movie below?

The interior looks great but I have to ask...

How come your double din sits almost flush at each corner, but the rest of it looks like it's sitting more inward of the center console? It even cast a shadow on the right side in your "gps and a dvd movie" picture. Was the double din unit not able to be flushed with the console? I know you spent money on your setup and if it were me I'd want it perfect.

keep it stock!!!
dc3panelbr2.jpg
:smile:

very nice, but what if you lose your medical??...

The interior looks great but I have to ask...

How come your double din sits almost flush at each corner, but the rest of it looks like it's sitting more inward of the center console? It even cast a shadow on the right side in your "gps and a dvd movie" picture. Was the double din unit not able to be flushed with the console? I know you spent money on your setup and if it were me I'd want it perfect.

May just be the camera or light angle. The panel is flat. The radio butts up against the panel itself. Sky may need to take another pic that has more light. It looks beautiful in person. We guarantee it.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

May just be the camera or light angle. The panel is flat. The radio butts up against the panel itself. Sky may need to take another pic that has more light. It looks beautiful in person. We guarantee it.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Yeah,
Rich is dead on. The camera angle coupled with night shot makes it looks like it's off a bit when actually it is dead flush/flat with the console. I'll try and take some more pix time permitting. :smile:

Sky

Back