New 03' Owner - Free Carfax to 1st few requests

TBROMLEY ?????" One day I may end up trading up" You mean trading DOWN!! Those cars are garbage! you see them every where like the sheep of America!

Shawn you completely misunderstood me; I meant trading up to the NA2 not the Porsche....sorry that line was a bit misleading. No, I'm died in the wool as they say NSX now. Only way I'd ever have a Porsche again is to win the lotto so I wouldn't have to worry about the noises I heard. Trading up for me would be the 3.2/6 speed tranny and maybe the newer body style although I really still prefer the concealed headlights. It's cool.

Sorry for the confussion - nope I'm no traitor, I've come over to the NSX for good. I've finally found the car for me!

Congratulations and nice photos. Where did you take them? Back in my college days, I owned a 356B that I drove around the hills of LA, but I don't recognize the background. Been too many years.

That photo was in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA. That photo overlooks the Trump National golf course and Terranea resort.

It's funny how Porsche owners start getting really nervous about the reliability of their cars once they pass 60K miles. No one would ever touch a 996 with over 100K miles on it. After seeing that local nsx for sale in Huntington Beach with 409K miles on it, I'm definitely finding much more comfort in having the reliability of a Honda engine.

btw, thanks for posting up the video... now I'm spending a ton of time on youtube watching all the JGTC and Option videos!

Hugh that video was great. Don't know where you found that but the reference to the NSX R as the "old man" was killing me as the Lambo's struggled to over take the car with twice the hp - yeah that's you high priced Murcealago working it right down to the end of the race to overtake the "old man" in the last straight. What a great race and all that from a NATURALY ASPIRATED Honda .....hahahahah:biggrin: Yeah and we have one - yes sir and at way below what a Lambo costs. How good is that.

Now where was that poor old 996 TT - way back there in the pack battling it out with the M3 and the wait a minute ....Ferrari! Yeah F car - back in the pack and the NSX R old man was up there with the Lambos - unreal man! Oh and we have Honda reliability....yeah that's right the kind that keeps us on the road to mile 500k and beyond - let's see if any of those others can come close to that stat.....I don't think so!:biggrin:

Now that's what I'm talkin bout! Think twice before you spend all that money to go fast in a straight line. That's all the SC is going to do for ya. IMHO that is.

Yep sure wish I could one day trade UP to the R - the "old man"! What a great car!

"Old man" is in reference to Gansan, the man driving the NSX-R: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motoharu_Kurosawa

FYI, these Best Motoring vids are biased towards the NSX. Gansan wrings every ounce of performance out of the NSX, while the other drivers (which include his son) will defer to him.

But thanks for the enthusiasm, Bromley. :tongue:

So you're saying that the other guys let the NSX R pass em cause they weren't trying that hard; is that it?

Thanks for the info on Gansan - old man. that sheds a little more light on it.

It's no secret Best Motoring favors Japanese cars, and the Tsukuba 5 Laps Battlevideo is obviously biased, or should I say staged to make NSX-R look better.

The NSX-R had the 2nd slowest best lap time. We all know that pole position is usually decided by the lap time, but yet they put NSX-R in the 2nd. If it was a fair race NSX-R should have started 2nd last. Therefore, once NSX-R took the lead the race is pretty much over, especially for a short 5-laps. The 360 was constantly blocked by the NSX-R and yet made a 2 second faster best lap time than the NSX-R.

FYI, these Best Motoring vids are biased towards the NSX. Gansan wrings every ounce of performance out of the NSX, while the other drivers (which include his son) will defer to him.it.

PyMike I believe I have to go with Jas303 here and that may also be your point as well. The first video you sent me had strange 5 lap start for the cars spread out all over the place. I believe that the lap times would definitely tell the story.

Still the second tape you sent has the GT3 - one of my favorite cars - looking very good. The story still is that the GT3 2009 only bested the NA1 NSX -R by 20 secs or so using a lap time out of one of my recent Excellence mags done at the "ring". There are no slouch Porsche test drivers. So that in itself with huge tires and almost 200 more hp is saying volumes about our beloved NSX-R. That was and still is my point. No doubt that other cars do it faster - like the Modena, or 430 Ferrari, or Porsche Turbo or GTR - so what they are built with later newer technology - but just a little more impressive than the NSX R. That is awesome for a car that was really never much improved since its inception. Refined but not vastly changed and then it was over.

BTW, I had a call last nite from Acura Corporate - they were surveying me since our last service at the Acura dealer Ed Voyles here in Atlanta for my wife's 07 RL - after she asked me her questions I said ok, now I have a request of you - tell the manufacturer that we Primers and NSX owners are really unhappy that Acura gave up it's sports car program and terminated the new NSX and the whole program. I said tell Japan that their competetors aren't sleeping with the recent advent of the Lexus LFA and Lotus Evora - they have some catching up to do. I went on further but you get my drift - did it do any good - I doubt it but hey at least I put in a plug for us NSX owners. :wink:

Back