Need your expertise advice - should i be concern?

NRG

Experienced Member
I'm so close in buying the car, but there's one factor that I'm not sure about. Can you please provide your advice?

1) The first owner had a lease on the car at the beginning of it's life.
2) The car has a record of 30K maintenance done (contacted the Acura delearship to verify...but NO other records before that)
3) The car became Acura Certified Pre-Owned
4) The car was then sold to the second owner.
5) The second owner had the oil change replaced and a PPI done on the car after purchase.
6) After adding 1000 mileage to the car, the second owner is selling it.

A) Should I be concern about no records before the 30K mileage?
B) Should I perform another PPI even after 1,000 mileage that was done earlier?

The car looks clean under the hood and beneath the car. Everything seems to be fine, but I just have that one major concern about the previous maitenance (if any).

Since it was a lease car, does the delearship require the owner to bring the car in for regular oil change?

Is it possible for anyone to search for the VIN and find out more information about the maitnenance record of the car?

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
I think a major factor that I didnt read about in your posts, is the year of the vehicle, and the mileage. Please post that to help us evaluate your situation.

Hello,

It's a 2000 with approximately 36,000 miles

Modernceo said:
I think a major factor that I didnt read about in your posts, is the year of the vehicle, and the mileage. Please post that to help us evaluate your situation.

Other than oil changes, there shouldn't be much in terms of service...

b1gcountry said:
Other than oil changes, there shouldn't be much in terms of service...
A properly-maintained car should have the 30K/60K/90K service every two years if it doesn't reach the mileage interval. Perhaps portions of the service could be skipped, but fluid changes are important for the time interval; for example, brake fluid absorbs moisture over time and really does need to be changed at least once every two years, regardless of mileage.

That being said, now that the car is up to date, that shouldn't be a major concern.

I agree... it sounds like the car should be mechanically sound. If Acura certified it, you should be good to go. My 2000 Dakota was not serviced once (besides oil) in the first 36,000 miles (tranny flush). So you shouldn't worry about nothing prior to 30Gs. If the previous owner is like most of us, he changed the oil himself. :smile:

Back