Need some questions answered on NSX

Hey, I'm new to this forum. I currently own a 2000 SLK230 and thinking of trading it in for a 91-95 NSX.

Are there any major engine problems I should be concerned with the NSX?
For example, after how many miles does the NSX engine start showing signs of problems. In addition, can anybody explain to me what the "snap ring" is.
I noticed on many "for sale" threads, eveybody was concerened about the "snap ring"

Thanks!

benzo13 said:
No.

benzo13 said:
For example, after how many miles does the NSX engine start showing signs of problems.
We don't know. There are owners who have over 200K miles and haven't had any signs of problems.

benzo13 said:
can anybody explain to me what the "snap ring" is.
You should spend some time looking through the NSX FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions). Just click on the word FAQ in the red bar at the top of your screen that looks like this:

04jannavbar.gif

As hlweyl notes, you can find information about the snap ring in the FAQ, by clicking on Troubleshooting - Transmission (incl Snap Ring). He just didn't mention how to access all the other useful sections of the FAQ. ;)

Have you looked in the forum on this site called Marketplace - NSXs for Sale?

benzo13 said:
Hey, I'm new to this forum. I currently own a 2000 SLK230 and thinking of trading it in for a 91-95 NSX.

For example, after how many miles does the NSX engine start showing signs of problems. In addition, can anybody explain to me what the "snap ring" is.
I noticed on many "for sale" threads, eveybody was concerened about the "snap ring"

Thanks!

I actually owned 99 SLK with sport package, nice looking car.

Definitely trade it for NSX, you get a car that is better looking, 100 times more fun to drive, more comfortable, easier to drive, not too mention it is way........faster than SLK230 or even SLK320, and faster than new SLK350.

sweet sound of the NSX engine is also a huge plus.

There are still many 91~95 NSXs that are in brand new off show room condition, age does not matter as long as it has loving owner/owners.

Back