Need prime screen names for the Nsxpo midnight crew

I was up there..... The crazy sharpie NSX that is now returned to its former glory. NSXPO "after dark" was probably my favorite part of the whole thing!

-Alec

Last edited:
Hell yeah I'm in. NSXPO is still up in the air for me though. It all depends on location and timing. Found out I'm going to be a father in July so.....

-Alec

Who had the license plate cover that was [off] opaque and then transparent by applying electricity?

I just want to know the name of the product / material and where to get it for a different project.

Thanks.....

Definitely count me in for a meet. Late April would work much better for me or even early may. Keep me posted. I will also be looking for a lace we can do a photo shoot "inside" and get back to you Jay. The Photo shoot would be very cool! The photographers that you have been talking should also know of some place. You should ask them to look into this as well.

Should all this come together it should be a great meet! As soon as we have dates etc, we should let John Komar know and he will put out the word to all his contacts or even post this meet in South Eastern forum.

The photographer is looking into it as well but his area of influence is really MD, VA, and PA. I have some locals looking as well.

What about the parking garage that we went to the second night when it was raining? It was dark, sheltered, sort of indoors and i am sure there is power the can tap for the photographers lights etc. We'd just need permission from the strip mall. We can get way more then 7-10 cars in there. The atmosphere was kind of cool as well. Just a thought, might work.

Sounds like a blast - who can say no to scantily clad ladies and NSXs? Put me down as a "maybe" as there is a ton of stuff going on around that time frame so it could really depend on exactly when in April/May.

I am a definite maybe... I have a few things in april/may coming up but wont say NO unless i have to.

So to be clear, this can go 2 ways:
1) We get a photographers workshop and it costs us nothing to have beautiful women photographed on our cars. We have access to all photos and it's a lot of fun.

2) We cannot work out the workshop thing due to a number of reasons and we have the option to pay a (or a few) photographer(s) to do a photoshoot with our cars. Not sure how many models will show up for free because the workshop pays them to come. They also make extra money for nudes paid by the photographers.

So one is a photographer workshop and one is a photoshoot. One is free for us and one is not. We can play around with the date too to make it best for all.

Darrin,
If we hold it outside, there will be no nudes. Not a deal breaker but that's usually how the models get paid. It's a great idea for a photoshoot spot if the workshop falls through.

So to be clear, this can go 2 ways:
1) We get a photographers workshop and it costs us nothing to have beautiful women photographed on our cars. We have access to all photos and it's a lot of fun.

2) We cannot work out the workshop thing due to a number of reasons and we have the option to pay a (or a few) photographer(s) to do a photoshoot with our cars. Not sure how many models will show up for free because the workshop pays them to come. They also make extra money for nudes paid by the photographers.

So one is a photographer workshop and one is a photoshoot. One is free for us and one is not. We can play around with the date too to make it best for all.

Darrin,
If we hold it outside, there will be no nudes. Not a deal breaker but that's usually how the models get paid. It's a great idea for a photoshoot spot if the workshop falls through.

I'll keep searching for a in door spot. The larger problem is a building big enough for 7-10 cars but the underground parking lot at night for a photo shoot could be a cool spot! Is there anyone else that knows someone in the Raleigh/Durham area that has access to a warehouse?
As far as a date ... late April or may would work good for me. This is shaping up to being a lot of fun and sounds like a good meet. If we take a lot of good photos etc ... we can send them into NSXCA and maybe they can write a story about the meet as well. Seemed everyone that got the NSX driver this month liked the XPO coverage.

I think that would be pretty cool to submit this little adventure to NSXCA and NSX driver mag. I think it would be impressive to the masses to see the NSX after dark event (best part of the event) returning even after XPO.

-Alec

First, we need to hammer out a few details. First is date. What dates would you guys prefer?
Apr 24-27, May 1-4 or May 8-11?
Also, I have been approached by several good groups about making this a big meet with non NSX vehicles. What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:
As of now I am flexible with the dates, either end of April or May can work.. But leaving on a thursday would be tough for me. "The way my schedule is setup" I could only leave friday to Sunday or monday.

I am sure I can make any of the dates work. I would be leaving late Friday depending on meetings. My last choice would be the April date.

Ok we are going to lock in the May 1-4 dates. I will post up a new thread when I have a place hammered out for the large meet on Saturday.

May 1st is a travel date for those coming from far. We really are planning to meet Friday evening, all Saturday and part of Sunday. This should be a fun meet that is relaxed and easy.

I have decided to allow more cars to join that are not NSXs in order to have a larger turnout. Photographers will be present on Saturday but it will be on a casual basis as in on their own time. Maybe models, maybe not. Still working on that. Stay tuned.

Back