Need input.

Hello everyone.

I have a few questions.
Sorry if this re-posts, the webpage is acting strange.

I finally found the NSX I've been waiting for.

The car will be in Minnesota, and I'm located in California. What do you guy's suspect it will cost to have it securely transported to me? Any recommendations on which company to use?

What are my payment options?
Example : Could I get a capital one auto loan, pay off the dealer, and then pay capital one montly?

Also, this is a used car so what questions should I ask the dealer?

If you have any advice/recommendations or any input what so ever. Please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

tackklee said:
...the webpage is acting strange.
Good, I thought it was on my side.

What do you guy's suspect it will cost to have it securely transported to me? Any recommendations on which company to use?
There are many threads/posts where people have used one of many different carriers. A search will reveal pleanty of info. Personally, I have used Blue Highways a few times, and they were fine.

Example : Could I get a capital one auto loan, pay off the dealer, and then pay capital one montly?
How about asking Capital One and the dealer?

You will love this section of the site.:smile:

tackklee said:
Hello everyone.

I have a few questions.
Sorry if this re-posts, the webpage is acting strange.

I finally found the NSX I've been waiting for.

The car will be in Minnesota, and I'm located in California. What do you guy's suspect it will cost to have it securely transported to me? Any recommendations on which company to use?

If you have any advice/recommendations or any input what so ever. Please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Car transport should cost anywhere from $1,000-$1,600 for an "open" type carrier and $1,800-$2,500 for a "closed" type carrier. I've used AAA auto transport before to CA but just look for someone licensed and bonded.

Why can't you purchase the car with your Capital One loan? Clearly the Cap One deal is better or else why would you refi? I'm not sure why you would want to use the dealer financing at all in that case unless they're offering some sort of price reduction for using their financing. If they are there are probably many more fees involved in the dealer financing. You don't get a price reduction for nothing.:rolleyes:

I would be sure to have the dealer provide you with a full service history of the vehicle including all records. This is essential.

If it's a 91-92 check for snap ring and window regulator repairs (see FAQ). If records are missing I would be very worried. Check tires--make sure they are good quality and the proper sizes as well as in good shape. Check brake pads and rotors. Make sure the speakers and radio work and that all the interior lights work. Make sure the spare tire is in good condition.

Figure at least $1500 to ship the car. I drove mine home instead, so I cannot recommend a shipping company.

Service history is the biggie, you didn't specify what year or the mileage, but when was the timing belt replaced, clutch if a manual transmission, transmission snap ring range if it is 91-92, look closely at the tires...rear wear is notorious.

There are a myriad financing companies, yes capitol one is one of them.

How many previous owners? Clean title? Carfax certified? etc etc.

Is it at an Acura dealer? IF not have a pre-purchase inspection done at a nearby Acura dealer. Have a compression check done and a body man look at it. There are lots of damaged cars out there.

Back