Need info on na1 to na2 body conversion

Hello all,

I am looking to either buy a na1 model and convert the body to an na2 look or purchase an na1 that has already been converted.

I am kinda familiar with SOS's package but it is around 5,500 plus labor to do the conversion...any one else familiar with another vendor that uses non OEM parts...or used parts...or any other way of getting this accomplished for less money? Another person told me that they thought it could be done for around 3K....

Thanks for the information.

NA1 and NA2 refer to the engine not the body.

You just did it.
Yup.

Furthermore, many of the body panels are identical between the '91-01 and the '02-05. In some cases, what changed were add-on pieces - lower side sill panels, the little lip spoiler on the trunk lid, etc. Which is why it's not usually called a "body conversion", but just an "'02 conversion".

Last edited:
I think what you are looking for is downforce. They make the bumper and hood, you willl still need to buy OEM headlights.

Do you want a T-Top? If yes, it may be more reasonable to just buy a 02+. Also, do you want to do a full 02 conversion or just the front headlights? A full 02 conversion is going to be closer to $10,000 after labor and paint.

Hello all,

I am looking to either buy a na1 model and convert the body to an na2 look or purchase an na1 that has already been converted.

I am kinda familiar with SOS's package but it is around 5,500 plus labor to do the conversion...any one else familiar with another vendor that uses non OEM parts...or used parts...or any other way of getting this accomplished for less money? Another person told me that they thought it could be done for around 3K....

Thanks for the information.

if you use all oem parts the conversion is 10K without paint. If you had authentic type r parts from honda japan.. the hood alone is 12K. (if you go the downforce route, recommend that you use an oem front bumper-- way better for rock chips etc).. but after doing this myself (the all oem, and oem type r route) if i were to do it again, i would just buy an 02+

Back