Need Help.with AEM Infiniti 6

Long story short. Just did my head gaskets on my 93. Since i was pulling engine, i replace clutch with Exedy, ported & polish heads, install webcam camshafts, LMA's, install SOS springs, retainers, camplugs and replace fuel pump. Car started at first crank. Ran good at iddle and fully open but cruising it would go really lean. Just install AEM Infiniti 6 EMS with SOS wiring harness, and now car won't start. Any ideas will be really appreciate it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I think the SOS 'plug and play' just refers to the wiring harness. Normal practice with stand alone EMS is that they come unconfigured unless you purchase an EMS that comes preconfigured for a specific engine. Did you buy a preconfigured EMS from somebody? Preconfigured is typically an extra cost from a retailer of the EMS, not the manufacturer. With a ported head and different cams, an EMS preconfigured for a stock C30 / C32 won't work perfectly on your car. If you did buy a preconfigured EMS for a C30 / C32, then go back to the seller to figure out why your preconfigured EMS doesn't work.

Common practise is to purchase the EMS from a tuner / retailer who does the install and configures and does the dyno runs to finalize the tune. Then you know who to complain to.

Thanks. It didnt came configure so talk to AEM. They gave me base map and i should be taking to tuner this week. Thanks

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

AEM also has a nice set of tutorials on line so that you can install base maps and tune the idle and start values yourself.

It is not too hard to find a base fuel map that will allow a naturally aspirated engine to run. Most engines have remarkably similar maps unless they have been tuned with exceedingly narrow power bands. The big effort will be the ignition parameters, start-up, warm up and idle control and the acceleration enrichment and fuel cut stuff dialed in.

If your tuner has prior experience with implementing the AEM 6 or other aftermarket EMSs on a C30, I would not bother loading AEM's 'base' fuel map into the EMS. Let the tuner do all of that stuff, that way they are responsible for everything and if there is a problem its clear who owns the problem. If you do part of the configuration and the tuner does part and something doesn't work you will always have a debate over who owns the problem. People like to focus on the wide open throttle runs on the dyno; but, that tends to be the trivial part time and effort wise. Its the 'everything else' that takes the effort and time.

Back