• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need Help Misfire problem ¿Not Sure¿

Hi i just recently bought a new 95 NSX-T and for the first 500+ miles it was fine no problems what so ever. a couple days ago i was driving and out pops the check engine light and tcs light so i pulled over to the closes gas station and barrowed a paper clip and jumped my ecu i got code 74/75/76 all misfire code for cylinder 4 5 6 random misfire. so a buddy told me its my sparkplugs cause they were NGK irridium tip ones instead of the NGK PFR6N-11. anywase i went to the dealership and forked over 160$ for the sparkplugs and changed them out with the correct torqe. Cleard the problem and went for a test drive immediatly i knew something was still wrong i would try to accelerate and the car would hesitate to even go you would hear a spluttering sound like the engine is missfiring from the exhaust side after a couple seconds of that and the car will be fine again and repeat only time you dont feel this problem is at full throtle acceleration Can Anyone Help? sorry for the essay just trying to break it down as much as i can

Shine some light on this Main Relay problem for me and how much its gonna cost me to fix. Last I Remember Haveing a Problem like this was With my 04 Evo 8 Misfire all 4 cyclinder turns out the crank positioning sensor went bad. so could my nsx have the same problem?

I gotta agree on the O2 sensor. Both check engine and TCS lights is a symptom. Main relay doesn't differentiate one bank from another.

Related link. Unplug the front sensor and see if the hesitation goes away. That'll confirm it.

when that happens does your car hesitate to take off when you put the throtle down sometime? cause that seems to be what mine is doing alot now when i push on the throtle the response time is really late it will shutter be it takes off like 2-3secs of shutter then it takes off

I gotta agree on the O2 sensor. Both check engine and TCS lights is a symptom. Main relay doesn't differentiate one bank from another.

Related link. Unplug the front sensor and see if the hesitation goes away. That'll confirm it.

ok so while waiting for a answer i decided to go compare both with and without the O2sensor plugged. my first test was without the car being warm and everything was fine while O2sensor was unpluged now the second test i pluged the o2 sensor back in and drove it and it started acting up hesitating to go again so i pull over at the next gas station and unpluged it again and reset the clock to reset the ecu and let it learn and my check engine light comes on but now while the car is warm weather i have the O2 plugged or not it does the same thing can anyone help? or is it really the O2?
also btw i can feel the car either misfireing or hestating not sure what it is but thiers a sound from the exhaust b4 it smooths out and goes

Very likely. I would replace it at this point. You might be in luck.

Last edited:
ignitor.

I had these symptoms and the solution was a combination of replacing the 02 sensors and replacing one coil pack that had gone bad. It's pretty rare for a coil to go bad, but it can happen if they get wet. The rear bank on my car was missing a rubber gasket under the plastic cover that hides the coils.

I would check your rear bank coil packs to make sure they ohm-out, or swap them each with a known good coil if you have one.

My car also is hesitating around1-3k rpm once you accelerate some more it clears its throat is what it feels like. BTW I have new AEM O2 sideband, AEM computer, new fuel pump, new spark plugs.

Can it be a coil? if so how can I check which one is bad w/o having a spare?

Back