Need advice to decode 2000 ECU to accept 98 engine

I replaced the 3.2 engine in my 2000 NSX with a 98 engine. The 98 engine does not have a secondary air pump while the 2000 had one. There is no place on the 98 engine to mount the pump. The secondary air pump is the only apparent difference between the 2 engines. The 2000 ECU keeps looking for the pump and this triggers the CEL. The dealer claims the ECU cannot be decoded to delete the secondary air pump. I would appreciate input on how to fix this problem without getting another ECU or where to get an ECU that will solve this problem if that is my only solution. Secondarily, I am concerned that if I go with a 98 ECU I may have other problems matching up with my 2000 NSX.

not that my situation helps you specifically but I have 2000 engine with all that air plumbing removed or disconnected...and my ecu is a 96 which is obd2 and works fine...so my short answer is you need a 95-99 ecu.

you mean the airpump that is mounted inside the passenger rear quarter panel. that leads to the valve covers ports?

the Emissions pump?

no he means the ulev plumbing.

no he means the ulev plumbing.

You guys are saying the same thing;).

For the 1998 engine you can use a 1997-99 ECU. Frankly, trying to reprogram the ECU will end up probably costing more, and being a hugh headache. JMO....

Regards,
LarryB

lol Larry......

Back