Need advice FAST

Hey Guys,

I might be getting into an NSX sooner than I expected. What would you consider a good price for a Spa Yellow 2000 NSX 6-spd with 4K miles? What's a good price for a yellow 01' 6-spd with 7K miles?

Which would you advise I buy? The newer one with slightly more miles, or the the slightly older one with less miles? What would be better in the long term; newer car I'm assuming?

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

I don't consider the mileage difference material, but an extra year of warranty is definitely a good thing, so assuming all else being equal, I'd opt for the newer car.

Compare prices on autotrader and in the pricing chart in the FAQ.

Condition is normally a big consideration but cars this new ought to be in perfect condition. Might not be, but ought to be.

Wouldn't the older car have depreciated more, so you'd be stuck with less of a hit in the long run? The warranty issue is valid though, and is definitely worth something.

Good luck, and look forward to having you join the club (finally)!

Dealer Acura of Newport offered me brand new 01 White NSX at Jan 02 for 65k

Hope this could be a reference..

Regards
Terence

Originally posted by O-Ace:
Hey Guys,

I might be getting into an NSX sooner than I expected. What would you consider a good price for a Spa Yellow 2000 NSX 6-spd with 4K miles? What's a good price for a yellow 01' 6-spd with 7K miles?

Which would you advise I buy? The newer one with slightly more miles, or the the slightly older one with less miles? What would be better in the long term; newer car I'm assuming?

Looking at your choices, it is a tough call. The newer car gives you another full year of warranty, however, you could purchase an extended warranty on the 00 for a lot less than 3K and that would give you longer coverage. Of course, I am sure you will want to mod it, so that point might be moot.

It is hard to come up with a good price because of the huge discounts we are seeing on the 02's.

I am thinking somewhere around 65K would be a good deal on the 2000.

NetViper, good estimate on the price.

The 00' is for $66K, and the 01' is for $69K. I'm not too worried about warranty since I will probably be Comptech Supercharging or Turbocharging the car. What about resale though? Would it be worth $3K to get a car that's a year newer?

-Awais

------------------

www.RacingFlix.com

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
Dealer Acura of Newport offered me brand new 01 White NSX at Jan 02 for 65k

Hope this could be a reference..

Regards
Terence

Thanks for the info. That is an awesome price, but I haven't seen any brand new ones lately going for under $70K.

-Awais

It depends on how long you are going to keep the car.
When it finally bottoms out, 1 year difference NSXs have the same price range. It is all going to be the condition and mileage that matters.

AKUDOUSAN, appreciate the info. I will just bid on it through eBay and see if they will settle around that price. I think $66K for a 00' might be high given the current season and economy.

I'll also be selling my C5 pretty soon.

-Awais

------------------

www.RacingFlix.com

I forgot to say the warranty issue as far as extended warranty is based on the milage verses the year. I was told by my dealer to bring the car in for the milage check and the less the miles the cheaper the extended warranty. Hope this helps in your decision. personally I would go for the low mile car.
Originally posted by AKUDOUSAN:
I paid 61,800 last month for a silver 2000 with 3500 miles the plastic was still on the drivers side door sill. They started out at 67900 so haggle your ass of it pays. I would offer them the same I paid. Good Luck!!!!

One more note: The 2000 will be cheaper to license and with the lower miles have a cheaper extended warrante.
AKUDOUSAN, appreciate the info. I will just bid on it through eBay and see if they will settle around that price. I think $66K for a 00' might be high given the current season and economy.

I'll also be selling my C5 pretty soon.

-Awais

------------------
http://quicksitebuilder.cnet.com/rixnsx/

One more note: The 2000 will be cheaper to license and with the lower miles have a cheaper extended warrante.

Don't know what you mean License. Do you mean cheaper to finance or insure?

Awais,

I don't think it really matters whether it's 00 or 01 in the long run. They will basically be considered as same cars. I will pick one depending on their condition.

When I was shopping, I was quoted low 60s for 2000 ones. There was a black one with 8k miles that the dealer in CA asked for $61k, and there was a red one with 5k miles in FL that the dealer wanted $63k. They both emphasized that there are rooms for negotiation since they have had quite tough time getting rid of the cars.

I truly believe that now is an amazing time to buy and negotiate. Please remember that the buyer is the king.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for the info. I'm not in a rush to buy since it's winter here in Chicago but I guess sometimes excitement takes over when you're dealing with an NSX purchase, and you want to buy it right away!

-Awais

Here is where I bought mine talk to George since you like yellow this one looks nice you may get him down to low 60's they are wholesailers...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874269555&category=5337
Thanks for the info. I'm not in a rush to buy since it's winter here in Chicago but I guess sometimes excitement takes over when you're dealing with an NSX purchase, and you want to buy it right away!

-Awais

Ha "wholesaler" my spelling sucks!!!!!!!!
Here is where I bought mine talk to George since you like yellow this one looks nice you may get him down to low 60's they are wholesailers...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874269555&category=5337

Maybe he means cheaper to register? Even then its not much different.

Winter is the best time to buy cause the cars don't move... Make an crazy low offer and see what happens
smile.gif

AKUDOUSAN, I called these guys today. I don't think I spoke with George, but did speak with a sales person who was supposedly driving this car everyday and having a good time with it. Anyway, to cut it short, I asked him what kind of price I could get, and his response was "NO NEGOTIATION". He said the lowest they would go was the eBay "Buy It Now" price of $68,985.00. Auction is at $60,100 right now.

Do you think I should call George directly and speak with him? Should I mention you gave me his info (you can email me or post your name)?

-Awais

In Ky the tax is paid when you buy the tag or registration (license tag) the first time 6% in Ky I title only during the winter or at the end of the year to save property tax. So the diff is lower tax for the 2000 vs the 2001 Clear as mud!
Originally posted by NetViper:
Maybe he means cheaper to register? Even then its not much different.

Winter is the best time to buy cause the cars don't move... Make an crazy low offer and see what happens
smile.gif

Ask for george and tell him James Curry sent you( He may laugh) But honest the were asking almost the same as the 2001 and they came down don't let them bulshit you they are in the wholesale business and historicly sell way under what dealers ask. They are high volume and have a warehouse full of cars not counting there showroom and lot.
AKUDOUSAN, I called these guys today. I don't think I spoke with George, but did speak with a sales person who was supposedly driving this car everyday and having a good time with it. Anyway, to cut it short, I asked him what kind of price I could get, and his response was "NO NEGOTIATION". He said the lowest they would go was the eBay "Buy It Now" price of $68,985.00. Auction is at $60,100 right now.

Do you think I should call George directly and speak with him? Should I mention you gave me his info (you can email me or post your name)?

-Awais

Yes, some states charge registration fees that vary based on the value and year of the car. The California guys can chime in - I think they pay something like $500 on an older NSX, $800-1000 on a newer one, or something ridiculous like that, so that a newer car could cost you a higher registration fee. Of course, in Illinois, it's $78 a year (a little more for vanity plates) regardless of whether it's for a 2003 Enzo or a 1978 Yugo.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 11 December 2002).]

Also tell George two chopsticks up that should break the ice and he will know who you are talking to.
Ask for george and tell him James Curry sent you( He may laugh) But honest the were asking almost the same as the 2001 and they came down don't let them bulshit you they are in the wholesale business and historicly sell way under what dealers ask. They are high volume and have a warehouse full of cars not counting there showroom and lot.

Back