Need Advice! 1991 53k miles JH4NA1158MT002522

Did the seller already said for sure that the price he is willing to do is $24000 ?

If everything checks out maybe try to include the TB/WP within that price and that will be a good deal. Hope everything works out. :smile:

I am deffinately going to bring this up and will also bring the snap ring into the equation if it ends up being in snap ring range.

I offered 24k two months ago which tey walked away from. Since then, their situation has changed and thy're more eager to sell. Spoke with Wife last night and will be picking up maintenance records from her this evening. Told her that I could pay up to 23k for the vehicle if it checks out okay after my inspections. She is going to go over my offer of 23k with her husband on Sunday when they talk (he is currently inaccesible).

They sound like they're doing their basic inspection and not a real PPI. Ask if they have any NSX certified techs there. Ask to speak to him and not the "service advisor" who's usually clueless. Might be worth driving it to one that does.

VERY GOOD POINTS! Will do! Thanks so much for the heads up!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seller was "out of the area for a while but gave me a call this week as he was back in town. He is "leaving the area" at the end of this week and he want to sell the car quick. I told him I could give him a cash offer of 23k as soon as I had an acceptable inspection. We dropped the car off at the acura dealership today and they will be doing a PPI tomorrow. A few new issues that I didn't post originally:

-Passenger side window is inoperable ( I think the clip broke and the window has dropped into the frame. My thought is that worst case the fix is in the $800 range.
-Driver side window operable but not quick.
-Rock chips as mentioned before in the front and some other cosmetic chips to the front bumper lip.
-2 scratches on passneger side of car above and one behind rear wheel by spoiler (both are still in paint and not into the body)
-Right side of rear bumper appears to have had badge removed and has left an adhesive residue that could be carefully removed.
-Passenger side door speaker cut in and out.
-anntenae stuck in the up position.
-missing spare tire

Here's where it gets interesting: I'm leaving on a flight to Denver tomorrow evening and won't be back untill next week. The seller needs to make a sale prior to the end of the week. If all goes as planned, once inspection is on hand, I will meet the seller at the office that holds his title with a lean (clean title), pay off his lean to release title ($4500), have him sign over title, and give him the rest of the funds all in the same place at the same time. Price will likely be negotiated below 23k especially considering it is due (age not mileage) for a need timming belt/water pump, needs a window regulator, and may prove to be in snap ring range (PPI will reveal).

Any opinions/advice etc. are welcomed and appreciated. I've been bird-doggin this car for a while and feel that I have done my best to tie up as many loose end as possible. At this point, the worst thing about the situation for me is that I will have to leave the car at the dealership untill I'm back from Denver next week!!!
Thanks Guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 140
its a steal at 23k

go get it. if you dont, email me the number and i'll go pick it uip with cash in hand.:wink:

Even if the car is in snap ring range, as long as the car is clean, $24K will still be a great price. You can maintenance-fix the snap ring issue (should you ever have to) for around $2K.
True. Based on the car's VIN, it is probably in the snap ring range. My advice - buy the car, but familiarize yourself with the FAQ section on the snap ring problem, including the symptoms when it fails. If it fails, park it immediately and have it fixed; otherwise, drive it and enjoy it, and replace the ring and case if and when you need a service requiring you to open up the transmission.

in denver. Posting via cell phone. Car is now mine for 22,600. I think I stole it! Not in snap ring range. I am on cloud nine! Will post pics etc next week when i get home. Thanks for all of th pointers. Wooooohoooooo!!!!!!!

woohoo!! congrats!!! awesome deal

Wow, that is the best deal I have heard of in a while.:eek: SCORE!!! Your car was made only 259 after mine...

#1) Get a 60K service +TB/WP, valve adjustment, and make sure they replace ALL fliuds. Should cost around $2K.

#2)When you have the door panels off for the windows, do the window fixit thingies and the door handle fixits, then put in some new speakers with some dynamat.

Congrats, Enjoy the car!

Get the timing belt done YESTERDAY. Dont drive it until you do. Seriously. That $23k car will become a PAPER WEIGHT if it breaks.......

So I'm picking the car up from Acura this afternoon. I had them replace the passenger window regulator, replace my oil pressure gauge, and change out my v-tec seal. I'm having new rear tires put on at a tire shop later today and then I'm gonna go for a maiden voyage! I am going to schedule the timing belt/water pump job in the next few weeks. I will post pics as soon as I can. Thank You everyone for your help through the process.
One last "newbie questions" that is probably as newbie as it gets but I'd rather be humble and ask than be proud and make a bad decision....So here it is:
regular or premium gasoline?

Thanks!

in denver. Posting via cell phone. Car is now mine for 22,600. I think I stole it! Not in snap ring range. I am on cloud nine! Will post pics etc next week when i get home. Thanks for all of th pointers. Wooooohoooooo!!!!!!!

Congrats on the car, but you got darn lucky that the seller did not smarten up and look almost anywhere else for a buyer. At that price they probably could have found one quickly, even a dealer or a Car Max. In most cases getting greedy after offering him $24k and then beating him down to $22,600 would blow up in your face and the guy would walk away. In this case you were REALLY lucky, so enjoy your good fortune and take the money you saved to make sure your new baby is in tip-top shape for a long time to come. Enjoy! :smile:

Congratulations. I think you stole it as well. I'm looking at getting back into an NSX possibly myself. We have very few come up for sale locally here in Hawaii. A red 91 with about 54K miles just surfaced similar to yours with an asking price of $35K. I bet this car will go for no lower than $30K at least in my area. If I could find a good 91-93 with anything under 100K miles in good shape for $23K I'd already own my 2nd one:biggrin:

Congradulations!!! Too bad you don't live closer to Boise cuz I would make you a great deal on a timing belt, water pump, fluid change service etc.......
anyway, if you get over here drop me a note. Hope to see you in Portland at NSXPO 08.
Brad
'91 ser #000265

Back