My VRH works but...

Just trying to get the car situated, got it back on the ground to test the VRH system front and rear. Both ends air up fine, but the fronts quickly loose air, back holds just fine.

Anyone have issues, I did put new hose on so I should be good.

Anyone else deal with this?

Also are these meant to be driven on like air bags or just getting in and out of driveways??

TIA

Last edited:
Hey,
if its VRH and it uses a seal for the cup, the seal could havegone bad and thus leaking air from the cups. It can also leak air if the port for the lines arent fully sealed. take a bit of soap and water and spray around all the fittings to see if its leaking from there.

Most of the time air hose dont really go bad, its just the end of the hose. Make sure the hose is cut with a hose cutter and not a stright razor as that can deform a hose and if its a press tight hold it will give you leak

With cups they are just meant to get in and out of driveways. They arent built to be driven on. This is where air bags comes in and take over the cups. Cups is mainly for suspension coil ride with a lift when needed.

Hopes that help =] Im waiting on my air bag setup at the moment which is still getting installed at the shop

the solenoids could be bad. mine kept losing air overnight and i thought that it was a norm. so, i switched to accuair vu2 and problem resolved.

[MENTION=21326]RUNDLC[/MENTION], do you have the umbrella kit? If so, these are well known throughout the Nsx community for failure. Just look at some threads here. Why not just remove it all, sell it for a premium, and keep issues at bay? Lowering the Nsx is a dreadful upgrade anyway in my opinion.

[MENTION=21326]RUNDLC[/MENTION], do you have the umbrella kit? If so, these are well known throughout the Nsx community for failure. Just look at some threads here. Why not just remove it all, sell it for a premium, and keep issues at bay? Lowering the Nsx is a dreadful upgrade anyway in my opinion.

Jinks,

Yes it's the umbrella setup, I did see a few but I was hoping mine would be the one that worked lol, lol man I've already sold off the snorkel, now maybe the rear bumper man at this rate I should have just bought a regular car! This was supposed to have all the cool stuff.
Oh well ill figure it out
[MENTION=27343]regular[/MENTION], did you pick those up online somewhere? Can you point me in the right direction?

Last edited:
Jinks,

Yes it's the umbrella setup, I did see a few but I was hoping mine would be the one that worked lol, lol man I've already sold off the snorkel, now maybe the rear bumper man at this rate I should have just bought a regular car! This was supposed to have all the cool stuff.
Oh well ill figure it out
@regular, did you pick those up online somewhere? Can you point me in the right direction?
As others have posted here. The cheapest Nsx you purchase will be the most expensive you own, I feel your pain... I know...
But do not give up. Once you get her sorted out, you will love it.... Plus everyone here is really good peoples. Enjoy the journey my brother...

How would the manufacture know if its a failed connection and not a seal in the cups? I'm pretty sure Ravi didnt confirm this with whoever assembled the actual cups. Did you buy the kit used? Are all of your fittings sealed properly and is loc-tite used on the connecting threads? I once had leaks with the cup kit I have but went through and diagnosed it. Now it runs perfectly and I love it. My issue was metal shavings (from cnc machining cup assembly) getting stuck inside the fill valve. The tiny shavings prevented the valve from shutting. It was a PITA to diagnose that but figured it out and fixed it.

I-lift......spend once....

@Mexciricer,

They were on the car already. I did find a leaking fitting at the front drivers cup. So you are saying all I need to do is remove and seal it with loc-tite? Do you have this same setup?

I sent Ravi a text on the proper way to fix it I'm waiting for him to respond. He told me yesterday it was more than likely a fitting.

Hope that's all I need to do to fix the issue

@Mexciricer,

They were on the car already. I did find a leaking fitting at the front drivers cup. So you are saying all I need to do is remove and seal it with loc-tite? Do you have this same setup?

I sent Ravi a text on the proper way to fix it I'm waiting for him to respond. He told me yesterday it was more than likely a fitting.

Hope that's all I need to do to fix the issue
Your spelling was just a hair off and I am not sure Mexi got it. [MENTION=25247]MexiRicer[/MENTION], can you please assist Rundlc with post #10 ...

@RUNDLC Hey man I just did a little prime lurking and noticed you picked up John's previous NSX that was crashed by the dude he sold it to. Congrats on that! I really havnt been keeping up much on here sad to say but I will do my best to check in at least every 2-3 days.

As for your Umbrella cup kit- a leak in the system could be many things! I had mentioned the loc-tite around the threads of your connections just as a precursor to eliminate any install issues. Overtime, if no loc-tite is used it is possible for air to leak from those connections. Also, make sure the lines have been cut properly and they are straight. Knowing that John installed this on his NSX when he had it leads me to believe everything was done correctly. Unfortunately these cups are not bullet proof and the pistons inside the cups do wear out over time (no lubrication) and/or seals inside begin to tear thus causing leaks. If you fill the cups with air you should be able to get a general idea of where the leak is coming from. Could be one cup, could be all four, could be the fittings on the cups themselves, etc. It will be a trial and error process. Since technically the kit is used and maybe abused by previous owners, it can be a variety of issues causing the leak. Feel free to PM me if you needed direct assistance, I can do my best to help.

@RUNDLC Hey man I just did a little prime lurking and noticed you picked up John's previous NSX that was crashed by the dude he sold it to. Congrats on that! I really havnt been keeping up much on here sad to say but I will do my best to check in at least every 2-3 days.

As for your Umbrella cup kit- a leak in the system could be many things! I had mentioned the loc-tite around the threads of your connections just as a precursor to eliminate any install issues. Overtime, if no loc-tite is used it is possible for air to leak from those connections. Also, make sure the lines have been cut properly and they are straight. Knowing that John installed this on his NSX when he had it leads me to believe everything was done correctly. Unfortunately these cups are not bullet proof and the pistons inside the cups do wear out over time (no lubrication) and/or seals inside begin to tear thus causing leaks. If you fill the cups with air you should be able to get a general idea of where the leak is coming from. Could be one cup, could be all four, could be the fittings on the cups themselves, etc. It will be a trial and error process. Since technically the kit is used and maybe abused by previous owners, it can be a variety of issues causing the leak. Feel free to PM me if you needed direct assistance, I can do my best to help.

Thanks, I did see what you were talking about it, I sprayed it down an sure enough it was from a very loose fitting. I pulled the wheel and used some sealer I'm sure it will be fine now.

Just out of necessity I think I'll undo the others and reseal them just to be safe. I pray she comes together ok I'm going to do the best I can. It's a ton of work and it gives me somthing to do so I'll keep it moving.

Back