My Viper was totalled.

Hi,
I just wanted to introduce myself since I am considering an NSX as my next car. If anyone knows of a clean NSX in either red or black and manual in the Austin and surrounding areas, please let me know.

The circumstances surrounding the Viper being totalled was another driver pulled out in front of me. I swerved to avoid them and ran up a curb. It pushed the lower passenger control arm into the frame. The firewall also got damaged. The insurance company decided to total it instead of a repair. Now I"m ready to try something different.

Thanks for the help:biggrin:

:eek: Sorry to hear that - your Viper was sweet ride. But of course, I'm glad you escaped injury.

Can you tell us what year NSX you are looking for? Quick break-down:

1991-1994: 3.0L, 5-speed, all coupes
1995-1996: 3.0L, 5-speed, most are NSX-T (removable roof)
1997-2001: 3.2L, 6-speed, most are NSX-T
2002-2005: 3.2L, 6-speed, all are NSX-T, facelift (fixed headlights, etc.)

There are far more 1991-1994s than all other years combined.

I live in the Austin area and searched for a long time for a 97-01 NSX. Found very few for sale anywhere in Texas. Missed out on a very nice 99 in Katy. Never saw one for sale in Austin or San Antonio.

Eventually bought my 97 in the Denver area and drove it to Austin.

Sorry for your loss. The car looked great. Have you driven a NSX before. Its a completely different feel than a Viper. You MAY not like it. Just make you testdrive before you buy.

oh, and I 2nd hofffmam's recomendation of broadening the search.

Steven, are you still in Louisiana? I checked Edoperformance's site and they are in Austin not too far from me. Will you be at the NSX meet in Austin this Saturday? Maybe I will roll out with my German whale mobile, Mercedes S430, but I doubt I will be able to keep up with the company.

Steven, are you still in Louisiana? I checked Edoperformance's site and they are in Austin not too far from me. Will you be at the NSX meet in Austin this Saturday? Maybe I will roll out with my German whale mobile, Mercedes S430, but I doubt I will be able to keep up with the company.

i won't be able to make it, i have to pick up my g/f at airport ....i wish i can go thoughfrown:, yeah, EDOperofrmance has one in austin and one in CA and UK ......:

Back