• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My under $600 Double Din Upgrade

Jensen Double Din Navi/DVD/Multimedia deck- $380
CF Overlay from SOS- $140
Double Din bracket from SOS- $40
Wiring harness- $10

I cut the OEM console and layed the CF overlay from SOS on top. The headunit is awesome for the price. Yes, the CF on the ashtray cover doesn't match... That's because it's wrapped with 3M di-noc. It would not be operable with the matching CF overlay like the one used on the console. I can live with the different look knowing that my ashtray cover actually opens.

IMAG0788.jpg

Very nice and great price. I really want to do the ddin upgrade on mine. Do you like that Jensen?

Looks good. I recently did the same to mine, incuding the clock/vent at the top with 3M di-Noc.:wink:

So u actually cut the oem center console yourself to fit this unit? I was scared to do mine thinking it would crack.

Looks great! were considering any other options? I'd love to get nav in my car

So u actually cut the oem center console yourself to fit this unit? I was scared to do mine thinking it would crack.

Yep. I cut it with a Dremel. I don't see how it would crack with the Dremel. The cut is not pretty but it doesn't matter since the CF overlay covers it all up.

Looks great! were considering any other options? I'd love to get nav in my car

I was but those other options are too expensive! Well, the head units weren't too bad price wise but this Jensen seems to do everything the others do. As for the console, i wasn't about to pay $500 or whatever it is for a pre-cut one.

nice job so you layed the CF on and then the opening for the radio you used as a template to cut, nice job.

I want to do that only if I had a spare OEM console as a backup one they are getting hard to find and real expensive at the dealer now.

I cut mine but only a little to fit my TL navi buttons into the Ashtray area, and then transformed the ashtray area into a small storage box. but In the process lost my Cig light for my cell charger,

but Im gonna mount it in the center storage box like my Tl so Im good.

Looks Great...here is my version. Using a Pioneer AVIC-X920bt and a Dali carbon Fiber Center console..
P3060001.jpg

I lost the ashtray..but nobody smokes in my car anyway and I moved the 12v plug to the center storage compartment

Last edited:
Looks Great...here is my version. Using a Pioneer AVIC-X920bt and a Dali carbon Fiber Center console..
P3060001.jpg

I lost the ashtray..but nobody smokes in my car anyway and I moved the 12v plug to the center storage compartment

Looks good. I don't smoke either but I wanted to keep a closer to OEM look.

Looks good. I don't smoke either but I wanted to keep a closer to OEM look.

I struggled with that too. BUt when I called SOS a few weeks ago, they didn't have any DD carbon fiber overlays avaiable. And the Dali kit was about the same price.

Chris, you in tampa? me to. there are a few of us tearing up the streets.

what part do you live in?

Yea...I am in Riverview. Remember, you saw my car when it was at Ferman getting the Major service done. Black & Ivory '91

Hey Ryan, it's been awhile but if your still checking this thread I could use your help. Can you measure the height and width of the unit (face plate). I'm trying to follow in your foot steps but with a different unit. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

I'm seriously considering this head unit. It does just about everything I want including bluetooth & XM. How do you like after living with it for a while? How about screen reflections, do you have a removable roof & is it legible in daylight?

Back