• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Turbo Kit

Hello,

I started my Turbo Kit.

-SOS Oil pan baffle
-2 extra -10AN port for front oil cooler with oil electric pump
-return line -10AN
- 1/8 NPT for oil temp sensor

Attachments

• im000524.JPG
    im000524.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 797
  • IM000526.JPG
    IM000526.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 835
  • IM000527.JPG
    IM000527.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 635
Last edited:
Hello,

I started my Turbo Kit.

-SOS Oil pan baffle
-2 extra -10AN port for front oil cooler with oil electric pump
-return line -10AN
- 1/8 NPT for oil temp sensor

I don't think your idea for oil cooler with electric pump taken from the bottom of the sump is a very safe one. Potential for disaster there.

You would be better off routing your oilcooler from the Filter housing.

everything else is good.

Turbo GT40R high position
ETD Water/Air Intercooler

Nice someone else going to join Mark and I on using a GT40R. Could you please be more specific about which 40R you went with as there are currently 4 GT40R's, 2 from garrett, and 9 A/R's and 2 turbine housing.............................................................................................................With that said can you please be a little more specific? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

J. R.

I want to have a switch for the oil pump with the front oil-cooler.
I don't want to use the electric pump everytime, but only on track after 2-3 laps.
Where is the best position for the oil pump ?

For me :

Oil tank outlet-10AN=> oil cooler => Oil pump => Oil tank intlet -10AN
I must to put my oulet 2inch upper ?

Nice someone else going to join Mark and I on using a GT40R. Could you please be more specific about which 40R you went with as there are currently 4 GT40R's, 2 from garrett, and 9 A/R's and 2 turbine housing.............................................................................................................With that said can you please be a little more specific? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

J. R.

So you didn't respond.....No clue then what your putting in huh? Eh thats ok. I'm sure it will be fine whatever someone sold you. Hope its not the big boy 1.19. Good luck

J. R.

So you didn't respond.....No clue then what your putting in huh? Eh thats ok. I'm sure it will be fine whatever someone sold you. Hope its not the big boy 1.19. Good luck

J. R.

Hey, J.R. would you mind posting the available combinations for the 40R? I would also be interested to know what specs you chose. I am using a HKS T04Z (comp:66.7mm ind, 84mm exd. turb:74.2mm ind, 64.7mm exd. 0.81 A/R) and would like to know how the 40 compares size wise.

Edit: one thing you might find interesting (being a turbo freik) is that the turbine housing is not a true twin scroll on the HKS. It has a divided inlet, but this merges to a single scroll about 1.5" or so into the housing (merges to single before the turbine wheel)

Also, HKS has a patent on their compressor housings used on the T04Z and T51 series.

What is the best solution to have a big oil cooler in the front bumper ?
A electric pump, no ?
Where can I put the electric oil pump ?

You already have a big heat exchanger up front, you need to enlarge the OEM oil to water cooler, and increase the capacity of your radiator. You should send a PM to TitaniumDave he may have the answers to your problem. I do not think that drawing oil from the pan is the answer.

Keep us posted,

Dave

Hey, J.R. would you mind posting the available combinations for the 40R? I would also be interested to know what specs you chose. I am using a HKS T04Z (comp:66.7mm ind, 84mm exd. turb:74.2mm ind, 64.7mm exd. 0.81 A/R) and would like to know how the 40 compares size wise.

Edit: one thing you might find interesting (being a turbo freik) is that the turbine housing is not a true twin scroll on the HKS. It has a divided inlet, but this merges to a single scroll about 1.5" or so into the housing (merges to single before the turbine wheel)

Also, HKS has a patent on their compressor housings used on the T04Z and T51 series.

Well, the 40R is offered with a 88mm turbine wheel or the 94 mm turbine wheel. So are you talking about the GT40/88R or GT40/94R? You see why I hate when people go:

" I JUST GOT A 40R" That means NOTHING! Thats like me saying " I drive a sports car".

J. R.

Well, the 40R is offered with a 88mm turbine wheel or the 94 mm turbine wheel. So are you talking about the GT40/88R or GT40/94R? You see why I hate when people go:

" I JUST GOT A 40R" That means NOTHING! Thats like me saying " I drive a sports car".

J. R.

I thought the 88 & 94 was reference to the comp wheel exducer????

I was asking about all the available combinations in the 40R range.....

I think you might be looking at an Anti-Surge housing but you'll have to post pics to tell.

I thought the 88 & 94 was reference to the comp wheel exducer????

I was asking about all the available combinations in the 40R range.....

You are correct sorry. Was thinking turbine because you were asking about sizes, BUT ANYWAY so yah, Both come in divided housings only and are .85 .95 1.04 1.19.

As to how they compare with a TO4Z. VERY CLOSE. I am not even quite sure the true diffrence other than the wheel design. Both the to4Z and GT40R are ball bearing and have close to the same specs, but I find the wheel design to be diffrent. Also garrett offers diffrent A/R turbine housings for the To4Z which is interesting and I believe has something to do to the flow design of the wheels themselfs. INFACT HYPERTUNE you can help me out. On your T04z how many blades does the compressor wheel have? I think its 10 or 11 right?

Get back to me

J. R.

You are correct sorry. Was thinking turbine because you were asking about sizes, BUT ANYWAY so yah, Both come in divided housings only and are .85 .95 1.04 1.19.

As to how they compare with a TO4Z. VERY CLOSE. I am not even quite sure the true diffrence other than the wheel design. Both the to4Z and GT40R are ball bearing and have close to the same specs, but I find the wheel design to be diffrent. Also garrett offers diffrent A/R turbine housings for the To4Z which is interesting and I believe has something to do to the flow design of the wheels themselfs. INFACT HYPERTUNE you can help me out. On your T04z how many blades does the compressor wheel have? I think its 10 or 11 right?

Get back to me

J. R.

I assume you mean turbine. it has 11 blades.
Comp has 6 (12) blades, with the cut back face like a TO4R.

I assume you mean turbine. it has 11 blades.
Comp has 6 (12) blades, with the cut back face like a TO4R.

Ok,

Then that is the diffrence. I had my assumption that they both used similar housings and BB design and I THINK I am right there. So to answer your question the only diffrence is the GT wheels which are 9 blades and are supposedly more efficient and lighter......as for if they really are, WHO knows? But the 11 blade wheels are what garrett had before they came out with the GT turbo's.

J. R.

Last edited:
So my GT40/88R in a .85 divided housing came today and I noticed that the GT wheel has only 7 doubled edged blades unlike the 9 I listed above. Just wanted to state that correction. I thought my old GT35R had 9 blades. Can one of the guys with a GT35R count the blades for me?

J. R.

Attachments

• IMG_0219.JPG
    IMG_0219.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 602
Back