My top 10 favorite cars as of 2003

10.Porsche Carrera GT-- I generally think that Porsches are ugly and I have a general distaste for them... not sure why... but THIS car seems very cool

9. Viper SRT/10-- It looks much better now: more like an actual car and not a cartoon or something...

8. Nissan Skyline-- All around great car

7. S2000-- NSX Jr

6. BMW Z8--Classy, sporty...has a certain vintage look that I like on this particular car.

5. BMW M3-- ALMOST the ultimate driving machine

4. SL55 AMG-- Gorgeous car, tons of power, the hard-top convertible rocks.

3. RS6-- Power, luxury, performance, just like nearly every other German car.

1. Tie: NSX and Ferrari 360-- the TRUE ultimate driving machines. The NSX manages to hang on to the tie because of it's everyday drivability (which carries it a looong way with me), and it looks better, too. If there were more 97+ coupes, then the NSX might have edged out the Ferrari for #1 (I say "might" because even with the Ferrari, I would not be able to decide between the Spyder and the Modena. And as it is, the sensory overload of getting to the speed limit in 5 seconds might outweigh the .2 second acceleration advantage... but it's tough to decide for me... I'd probably ultimately go with the spyder/targa).

[This message has been edited by naaman (edited 03 March 2003).]

[This message has been edited by naaman (edited 04 March 2003).]

ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THE MITSUBISHI 3000GT????
confused.gif
BTW,you missed spot number 2.

Well, he has 10 cars, so I would give him a break for missing '#2', however, I can't justify the 3000GT at #3, he will have to stand on his own on that one
wink.gif

Overall the list is pretty solid for recent cars, I would probably replace the Viper with a Z06 (keeping with a similar theme anyway), and I would junk the 3000GT for the Murcielago in the same spot.

I agree with your top two though, I would only replace (or add to) my NSX with a Silver 360 (based on looks and performance alone, I haven't had the priviledge to drive one yet, maybe I would be disappointed and not fit well in it).

Is this the car that you can afford or your dream cars?

I found out that many people on this forum and other forums have both E46 M3 and NSX. Sweeeeettt
smile.gif

------------------
--
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey
'03 MDX Starlight Silver/Ebony
- 260 HP -> VROOM VROOM
'93 300SE MBZ

for me

1)NSX
2)enzo
3)Fiat Spyder
4)Alfa Romeo Pininfarina spyder
5)350Z convertible
6)300zx convertible
7)SL500
8)SC430
9)Is300
10)Subaru Baja

Subaru Baja? Wow, we have some diverse tastes here
biggrin.gif

This vehicle would be on my top ten list too, but I think it would be "top 10 ugliest cars of all time"
wink.gif

SUBBAJA1.jpg

Originally posted by Jonathan:
Subaru Baja? Wow, we have some diverse tastes here
biggrin.gif

This vehicle would be on my top ten list too, but I think it would be "top 10 ugliest cars of all time"
wink.gif

SUBBAJA1.jpg

Or top ten useless.

I can not find any info or pictures of a 2003 3000 GT.

[This message has been edited by steveny (edited 02 March 2003).]

I think it is a pretty cool concept to combine a pickup with the sedan! and its color makes it looks like a bumblebee , it looks sorta cute like a toy in some way or should I change it to a VW new beetle?
biggrin.gif

2003 3000GT? I mean he means as of this year , he likes, not as in a real 2003 3000gt.

My friend has a white 98 3000gt, looks like a panda to me.. hehe

[This message has been edited by BostonNSX (edited 02 March 2003).]

Originally posted by steveny:
I can not find any info or pictures of a 2003 3000 GT.

That's because the car was discountinued. Last model year was '99.

I'm an ex-3000GT owners myself and all I can say is I'm glad I got rid of that car. I also modded that car to hell, with excess of 400+ hp, but it still doesn't compare to the NSX IMHO.

6182216-e280-028001E0-.jpg

6195812-3def-02000180-.jpg

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

[This message has been edited by RyRy210 (edited 02 March 2003).]

I had a '93 3000GT VR4 back in '93.

It is more of a gimmicky GT than real sportscar. I learned my lesson quickly and started lusting after real sportscars.

Car and Driver summed it up the best when they said the VR4 was a "trendy pretender"

hey brian, some good choices, but as an ex cadillac escalade guy i'd have to warn you off of that one. not a fan of the escalade, although the new ones are pretty nice. my reasons are;
inferior service
average quality
average features(still no gps based navi system!!!)onstar is not a 24/7 navi-system--although great for the occasional user.

my biggest beef is the plummeting value--after 10plus imports, the domestic caddi is the only vehicle i took a bath on. fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.....

Alright, just off the top of my head...:

10. Lambo Diablo
9. Ferrari 348
8. Porsche 911 TT GT2
7. Nissan Skyline R34
6. Ferrari F40
5. Ferrari 355
4. Porsche Carrera GT
3. McLaren F1
2. My 92 NSX
1. The Forklift I get to drive around at work!
biggrin.gif

My list.
10) Subaru WRX STI
9) Hummer H1
8) Porsche 911 Turbo
7) Nissan Skyline GTR-32
6) Dodge Viper RT/10
5) McLaren F1
4) Toyota Supra TT "Blitz GT-941"
3) Nissan Skyline GTR-34 V-Spec 2
2) Enzo
1) NSX

------------------
"So your Honda Civic has 1.6 Litres, Yet my Mountain Dew bottle has 2 Litres."

I like the 3000GT (actually the Stealth variety, since I used to own one
smile.gif
) and it would be high on my list if cost was a factor. It would be further down the list if money was no object. The NSX, of course, would be at the top of my list (and not just because I own one!).

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 03 March 2003).]

Originally posted by Sketch:
What kind of gauges are those? Don't see many aftermarket gauges in orange...I can think of a few cars they might look good in.
smile.gif

They are HKS 60mm gauges. 2 EGT gauges, boost gauge, and fuel pressure gauge. The top is an HKS EVC III atm boost controller and an HKS Turbo Timer IV.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Originally posted by SNDSOUL:
ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THE MITSUBISHI 3000GT????
confused.gif
BTW,you missed spot number 2.

I just think the car looks cool and I like the specs... never driven one (never driven any of these cars, actually), just going by what's on paper and the literature available on the cars.

Spot #2 is consumed by the tie for first place (like in the olympics and such).

Originally posted by 9000RPMan:
Wheres the Enzo Ferrari or the McLaren F1?

Those cars are way too impractical for my taste. While I'll admit that I am a performance nut, the cost to purchase/own such cars, and ones much less expensive--Lamborghinis, for example--is not justified in the performance advantages if you ask me.

Sure, I'd love to drive a McLaren F1, but even if someone gave me one for free, I'd likely sell it and buy something more "everyday" (a 360 and/or NSX), and then I'd buy a house, too.

Originally posted by naaman:
I just think the car looks cool and I like the specs... never driven one (never driven any of these cars, actually), just going by what's on paper and the literature available on the cars.

EVO car magazine said that the NSX does not look good on paper, but on the road it performs wonderfully (they even made a comparison to the Zonda). The 3000GT is the complete opposite. It looks good on paper (all wheel steering, AWD, active aero, twin turbo, getrag 6 speed, etc) but fails miserably on the road. There is a reason why the Lancer Evo is considered Mitsubishi's flagship sports car.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

how about this list....
smile.gif
I guess I bought my 6th favorite car...

1. '03 NSX
2. '02 NSX
3. '01 NSX
4. '00 NSX
5. '99 NSX
6. '98 NSX
7. '97 NSX
8. '96 NSX
9. '95 NSX
10. '91-94 NSX

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

[This message has been edited by Blue Knight (edited 04 March 2003).]

Originally posted by RyRy210:
EVO car magazine said that the NSX does not look good on paper, but on the road it performs wonderfully (they even made a comparison to the Zonda). The 3000GT is the complete opposite. It looks good on paper (all wheel steering, AWD, active aero, twin turbo, getrag 6 speed, etc) but fails miserably on the road. There is a reason why the Lancer Evo is considered Mitsubishi's flagship sports car.

Oh. Okay.

But after thinking about it, not that it matters to me what people think of my choice in cars, but the 3000GT really shouldn't be #3 ahead of, say, an M3, even though it looks a lot better. I'd rather have the German. Therefore, the original list is revised.

Back