My Story

I am a 20 year old Film student in Tampa. My dad purchased the car in late 2006 as the 3rd owner. Walked away with it for 27k cash. July 5, 2008 My Dad passed away from a sudden heart attack just a week shy of his 40th birthday. Now its my turn to make her into his dream!!
Car has 57k miles.
1991 Red w/ Black top.
Hp wheels 18'/19.5' wheels.
K&N intake.
Kenwood nav.deck
Diamond amps/ 12' Sub
Belltronics radar/ jamming system
Slowly but sheerly she's coming along.
Just took these photos today

Attachments

• front pict.jpg
    front pict.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 268
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 264
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 190
  • amps.jpg
    amps.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 115
  • hg.jpg
    hg.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 304
My Dad passed away from a sudden heart attack just a week shy of his 40th birthday.
Ouch (says 52 year old Skippy) - that's rough. Sorry about your loss, now have a great time enjoying and taking care of your dad's NSX.

Maybe we'll see you at a local meet someday.

Wow I am so sorry to read about your Dad. :frown: That is heartbreaking. My stepdad also died from complications from a heart attack at the age of 40. I decided to make sure I eat a good diet and exercise regularly and not smoke so I won't have the same luck.

Take care of Dads NSX. It is a beautiful car.

Sorry about your old man bud... As I creep up on my 40th its always sobering to hear stories like this...

At least your dad got to see his son grow into a man though, which is a lot more than most guys can say if they get hit young like that.

Really a great thing that you're continuing his work on the car. He'd be proud. Keep everyone updated on the progress!

That's a hard one to take. I lost my dad at 42.
Way to young to go.
That's a very nice NSX and I hope you have a great time with it.
Thanks for posting your story and my God be with you and your family.
Gary

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Take good car of the NSX and carry on his dream. It is a beautiful car.

Welcome to prime...

May you find comfort and peace during your time of loss.

God Bless!

My condolences. Stay focused. Don't let your age get you in trouble with the car {no racing} as younger folks usually do. Your now part of the Prime family. Make your dad proud.:wink:

Greetings

Sorry for your loss -- I still remember the day my dad died. You will remember Dad whenever you drive the NSX. I feel the same way whenever I am back in the Midwest and drive a particular John Deere.

Martin

I can only say that I am sorry to hear of your loss. Hopefully you stay strong in mind and continue to move forward in life despite your setback.

Greetings

Sorry for your loss -- I still remember the day my dad died. You will remember Dad whenever you drive the NSX. I feel the same way whenever I am back in the Midwest and drive a particular John Deere.

Martin

You will remember Dad whenever you drive the NSX

+1

Thanks to all. I have slowly started to get into things but its definitly hard to mod a car like this when your still in college. Ill keep updates . Thanks Prime

My condolance and sympathy for what is a tragic event for you and your family.Take some solace in the car as a symbol of him.also you are not alone,I think to date you are the third youngster(posting on prime) to have been left his one or both parents nsx after thier deaths.

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate passing. You wrote about modding the Nsx but if I was in your shoes I would keep it as is and just maintain it. Your father probably really loved his nsx and nodded the car accordding to how he wanted it to look and perform but it's your nsx and do as you see fit.

I, like all here, am sad for your loss. But I like this story. I like that you love Dad's car and that you are keeping and savoring it. Stay in school, chip away at the modding, honor your dad and slowly but surely it will become the car of your dreams as it was your dad's.

Thanks for posting this story, and keep us updated.

Sorry to hear about your dad....at least you have something that still can connect you to him. Take good care of the car and keep up posted.

Sorry to hear about your loss that is very tragic, especially so young. I do think that it's great that you get to continue your fathers passion and build the car the way you think he would of.

Thanks to all. I have slowly started to get into things but its definitly hard to mod a car like this when your still in college. Ill keep updates . Thanks Prime

If there's anything I've learned in the past 3 years of NSX ownership its that you should take your time. Focus on school and continue to play with the NSX in the meantime. Once you are done then start to blow your paychecks on mods but remember you'll never get back the cost if you decide to sell in the future.

Congrats on keeping Dad's NSX and enjoying the ownership experience.:smile:

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your father -- I also lost my father when I was 20. Losing a parent is always hard, but even moreso when their time here is too short. It is a reminder that one must balance enjoying life along the way with preparing for retirement/later in life, as "later in life" is not guaranteed to anyone.

The NSX is a fantastic vehicle, and an absurd amount of thought, design, and engineering went into it. My advice is to learn thoroughly what you already have before making changes. It is already in the top 1% of any cars you see on the road and I think a lot of owners may actually inadvertently compromise part of the cars performance, drivability, reliability, etc. by doing modifications that they don't understand the full impact of. My $.02

Sorry to hear about you father. I agree with the above posts which suggest driving the car as is until you finish college. My son goes to USF and tells me he sees an NSX on campus from time to time. Could it be yours? He drives a pewter C-5 Corvette. My son and I are both car guys. Email me if you need a hand with the NSX. We live a few miles from USF. Jerry

Sorry to hear about your father... It's a beautiful car! Hang on to it... :cool:

My Father died at the same age 2.5 years ago. I bought a car a month after he died.

i love my dad so im sorry for you. i dont think you should ever sell that car. i wouldnt go overboard on "mods". dont rice it out. focus on school and keeping that nsx mint and in the family.

Back