My project for the weekend

My project for the weekend.

Just installed the Eibachs and Bilsteins, now for the fun part the 04 rear conversion :D

DSCF0302.jpg

Nice. Don't forget to seal up your rearlamps otherwise it will get foggy inside.

spartan2-3 said:
My project for the weekend.

Just installed the Eibachs and Bilsteins, now for the fun part the 04 rear conversion :D

DSCF0302.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------
Its going to be some weekend for you!!!! please post pics when finish.

charleysung said:
How do you seal up your rear lamps?

I think he means make sure to change the gaskets (a must!!).

Jin1976 , did you drill holes on the new lights and you meant to "seal it with the new gaskets" right?

nzo-who just trying to be like you bro :D I've got the old lights removed already (midnite project last nite) the new ones are ready to pop in.

spartan2-3 said:
I think he means make sure to change the gaskets (a must!!).

Jin1976 , did you drill holes on the new lights and you mean seal it with the new gaskets right?

nzo-who just trying to be like you bro :D I've got the old lights removed already (midnite project last nite) the new ones are ready to pop in.

Will changing the gasket prevent the fogging up? How much are the gaskets and how difficult are they to install?

charleysung said:
Will changing the gasket prevent the fogging up? How much are the gaskets and how difficult are they to install?

The gaskets will not prevent from fogging but rather keep the water from entering the Trunk and Lens.

If your lens are fogging up, remove and drill tiny holes at the bottom of each lens (that are fogging).

I only had fogging issues with the center piece therefore I drilled two tiny holes at the bottom, fogging issues solved.

The gaskets (4 pieces) was under $75 ( I need to check my receipt). But it may not solve your problems :confused:

You would have to remove the lens to get to the gaskets. Not hard but tedious.

hey spartan,

what is that little 'honda' box on top of the center piece box? next to the center piece is a smaller box? just curious. thanks!

daniel

JDMnsxR said:
hey spartan,

what is that little 'honda' box on top of the center piece box? next to the center piece is a smaller box? just curious. thanks!

daniel

That little box is 91-01 OEM Shiftknob

Spinner yes, those are the gaskets (4 pieces) they have a self adhesive back and made of some foam type material . :confused:

What I mean with seal is using silicon glue to seal the top part of the lens where you can see some rectangular shape holes. I guess when I send my car for cleaning they use the water jet to spray and water gets into the lens. I am now contemplating wether to drill a hole below the lens or not. I don't want the lens to crack as the lamps are quite expensive to buy.

BTW, Enzo-who, nice little Enzo you have there for your avatar. Congratulation.

Regards.

Jin1976 said:
BTW, Enzo-who, nice little Enzo you have there for your avatar. Congratulation.

Regards. [/B]
--------------------------------------------------
Thanks....just bring a new meaning to one life.

Last edited:
NZO-WHO

I had most of it done by sat noon, today my car goes to the body shop for painting and installation of the Valance. I'll post pictures when its all done.

I really like the new Tail lights even my neighbors noticed the updated lens

If anyone is ever going to do it PM me for some tips.

lookin good

I saw Romeo's update in person. It looks great. The shop that shot the red and black on the valence did an excellent job. Its a nice set up.

Spartan2-3, look good! I really like the 02 rear lens!!! how much did it cost you?
-Aaron

Nzo-Who....NSX make over is coming!

nzo-who said:
Spartan2-3, look good! I really like the 02 rear lens!!! how much did it cost you?
-Aaron

Nzo-Who....NSX make over is coming!

I believe I got it for $863 with tax and shipping from Niello Acura.
That price is for 3 piece Tail Lens and 4 gaskets (a must!).The install was very easy. Just be sure you have an 8mm Deep socket.

Mickeylex-thanks, I gotta tell you that your car is one of the cleanest 92 out there see you and Lisa on saturday.

Re: lookin good

mickeylex said:
I saw Romeo's update in person. It looks great. The shop that shot the red and black on the valence did an excellent job. Its a nice set up.

Ditto!... The red match is awesome!... when I want to shoot my front bumper to remove the rock chips, i'll be sure to bring it there.

At the car show, some spectators thought the three NSXs were totally different cars when viewing from behind..... ;) Good job...
your updated rear looks great!

smoore said:
looks really good and a clean finish too. What was the charge on the lower bumper valence? or did you get that from SOS?

Smoore, I paid $630 with tax and shipping. It may be less for you since I dont think they can charge you taxes :confused:

I went with Niello cause they had it in stock and received it the next day.

Juejamon after seeing your wide rims, Im tempted to go with aftermarket wheels.

hmmm... So the Niello dealership is cheaper than sos? i'm about to order all the front stuff but wonder is Niello cheaper on the headlights? and hood than sos does anyone know?

smoore said:
hmmm... So the Niello dealership is cheaper than sos? i'm about to order all the front stuff but wonder is Niello cheaper on the headlights? and hood than sos does anyone know?

That I dont know, I dint even realize SOS sold them until last week, :confused:.

I do know you get 30% OFF from Niello with NSXCA discount others were only 25% and the shipping was very reasonable (I paid $10 bucks) for a huge box.

good luck.

Back