My Oakley collection

Impressive collection! I learned a bit by reading through this thread.

If I may ask the Oakley gurus - what do you think of the Half Jacket 2.0s and the Half X?

I have had a pair of the original half jackets for about 10 years and they are getting a bit worn. I have already replaced the lenses and have just been living with the missing nose piece, but the ear socks are starting to fade. I bought a set of knockoff lenses on ebay, but they have gotten scratched pretty quickly. I figure I can either drop the cash for replacement lenses & socks, or replace the whole thing with a different model. I have been 100% happy with them and use them as my "rough and tumble" activewear glasses.

Sorry for the tangent, but is that an original centipede cab? What is the other one beside it?
I love those tangentinals, like when somebody says "Hey I have that vacuum too!"

There's a Tekken 2 that I bought off eBay from a frat house at Ohio State (man if that thing could talk), then a Defender (best game ever, hands down) and a Quarter slot from the Flamingo Hilton.

Along with my driving set-up:

I have many many many pairs of Oakleys. I posted the list in a thread a while back. None in X-metal. I've been thinking about Rx Juliets for some time- I think this video just started the ball rolling again...

P

Juliets would make a statement for sure but if you could pull them off, Pennys would be dead sexy if you can imagine the one middle left with an Rx. It's across from a Juliet for comparison:

Second choice would be the Ti02 Juliet with is made of half "X Metal" finish parts and half "plasma":

And you can mod them with colored rubber parts and set them on your DF hood:

Last edited:
Nice collections. Myself also a big fan of Oakley. Got three pairs of customize prescriptions sunglasses (Fuel Cell, Gascan and Pitbull) and one normal reading glasses (Mortar). I wish they make an adapter for us asian so we can wear anyone of them. Yesterday I received my Bathroom Sink backpack replacing the customized Flak XL.

Btw the Polarized lens really make the colours pop out.

They make Asian-fit, don't they?

Do you have the famous
"Mission Impossible 2" glasses from 2000 ?

These are the Romeo 1, shown here:

Tom Cruise wore the black frame version.

The leather Mars shown here appeared in a movie too. Brad Pitt wore the leather-wrapped style in the back, in Fight Club:

Yes, but not in X Metals, mostly in the Radar style plastic-framed models. The "Juliet" style is more appropriate for small heads/faces.This pic shows the X Squared (top right black frame), the Juliet (middle right) and the rest are the larger XX frame:

The Penny is the smallest and the most stylish, middle left directly opposite a Juliet for comparison:

BTW Jonas I like the Avatar change! Are you joining Mike's caravan and coming to the Source One Picnic this weekend?

Nice collections. Myself also a big fan of Oakley. Got three pairs of customize prescriptions sunglasses (Fuel Cell, Gascan and Pitbull) and one normal reading glasses (Mortar). I wish they make an adapter for us asian so we can wear anyone of them. Yesterday I received my Bathroom Sink backpack replacing the customized Flak XL.

Btw the Polarized lens really make the colours pop out.

Thanks Jin! How do you like the Kitchen Sink?

BTW the blue lens that I'm pretty sure that you are talking about is not a polarized one, it is an old tint called "OO Blue". They really do POP!

Do you have the famous
"Mission Impossible 2" glasses from 2000 ?

[/URL]

The leather Mars shown here appeared in a movie too. Brad Pitt wore the leather-wrapped style in the back, in Fight Club:

[/URL]

Yes, but not in X Metals, mostly in the Radar style plastic-framed models. The "Juliet" style is more appropriate for small heads/faces.This pic shows the X Squared (top right black frame), the Juliet (middle right) and the rest are the larger XX frame:

[/URL]

The Penny is the smallest and the most stylish, middle left directly opposite a Juliet for comparison:

[/URL]

BTW Jonas I like the Avatar change! Are you joining Mike's caravan and coming to the Source One Picnic this weekend???

Impressive collection! I learned a bit by reading through this thread. If I may ask the Oakley gurus - what do you think of the Half Jacket 2.0s and the Half X?

I have had a pair of the original half jackets for about 10 years and they are getting a bit worn. I have already replaced the lenses and have just been living with the missing nose piece, but the ear socks are starting to fade. I bought a set of knockoff lenses on ebay, but they have gotten scratched pretty quickly. I figure I can either drop the cash for replacement lenses & socks, or replace the whole thing with a different model. I have been 100% happy with them and use them as my "rough and tumble" activewear glasses.

The half X really hasn't taken root as a real X Metal with collectors, maybe because the frame doesn't surround the orbitals. The Half Jacket is my choice for softball, just buy new rubbers and new OEM Oakley lenses- there really is a difference as you noted!

The half X really hasn't taken root as a real X Metal with collectors, maybe because the frame doesn't surround the orbitals. The Half Jacket is my choice for softball, just buy new rubbers and new OEM Oakley lenses- there really is a difference as you noted!
Thx for the confirmation. I popped in to an Oakley store and while they didn't have the half X, they did have other X metals. They are quite a bit heavier and not really workout designed from my view (and their salespersons). Very sharp, stylish and comfortable but not really suited to my needs.

The half 2.0 aren't an upgrade either IMHO. They have fatter frames and bigger lenses. From a side profile you see more frame than from the original half jackets. Just didn't do it for me. Seems like the only upgrades were cosmetic, so I didn't bother with an upgrade. Just spent $14 on new rubbers and my old half jackets have new life in them. Will pick up a replacement set of lenses and keep on going. I have to say, the value for my $$ with these oakleys has been outstanding.

I got the Bathroom Sink. Smaller version of Kitchen Sink. Fit my purpose. It can carry up to 13 inch laptop. Just big enough to carry the macbook air, ipad and other stuffs without getting to big on my 5 foot 5 frame. Looks nice together with my other oakley accessories when going out to work. :biggrin:

Thanks Jin! How do you like the Kitchen Sink?

BTW the blue lens that I'm pretty sure that you are talking about is not a polarized one, it is an old tint called "OO Blue". They really do POP!

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

BTW Jonas I like the Avatar change! Are you joining Mike's caravan and coming to the Source One Picnic this weekend???

Timely thread. So at the cleaners picking up my pants and while putting my said pants in the back of my MDX, unbeknownst to me, my Oakley Square Wires fell on the ground. As I'm leaving the parking lot, I'm having a bugger of a time remembering where I put my sunglasses. As I'm retracing my steps I noticed a completely wrecked, twisted and flattened set of frames on the pavement. The frame was completely toast. However, the lenses were perfectly fine despite having just been run over by a nearly 4,500+ lbs SUV.

Back