My New to me Mint R-77

Ok damn it man..... had to upgrade.. got Pride V2, painted the calipers black with red letters ripped out stereo Ugghhhh I hate NSX's they consume most of my life.

but I wouldnt want it any other way.

if you love something you find that you surround yourself with what you love. for me its the NSX.
2013-05-15_21-27-14_342.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

oh a couple side pics

2013-05-15_22-43-19_158.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

then I redid the engine cover black MESH from the fabric store its came out freaking pimp.... gonna do that to every NSX that come my way it looks so good.

2013-05-15_00-10-50_382.jpg

Last edited:
I love the details.

no what you do it get a steel bristle brush and brush off all the felt carpet stuff. then get your new material and spray the cover with 3m automotive spray let it almost dry for about 4 minutes.

then ly the new material on top of the cover, smooth with your hand till there is no wrinkles let dry for about 15 minutes then trim it put the rubber side gasket back on and your done.

the you have a MINT brand new looking cover.

............ then get your new material and spray the cover with 3m automotive spray let it almost dry for about 4 minutes....../QUOTE]

Which fabric store did you get the mesh from? Are there more than one type of mesh? I assume the "3M automotive spray" is automotive glue or is it another type of "spray"? Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I want to get the right materials to do this job correctly. Your cover looks fantastic!

the fabric store had a number of selections of material, I choose one that was a thicker style then I used a steel brush and basically brushed off the old worn OEM carpet till it was 90% gone. then I sprayed 3M automotive adhesive all over the area that the carpet was.... let it sit for about 2 minutes then lay the new material down start in the center and smooth it out with your hands till there are no wrickles in the material. let it sit for about 30 mins. then re-attach the rubber seal that goes along the outter edge. then flip the cover over and lay it on a soft surface like a blanket. then trim the excess material off you may need to do a couple shots of 3m on some parts of the trimed parts but that easy. then install your new cover. it looks brand ne again.

- - - Updated - - -

did I unknowingly retype the same directions LOL so sorry.. it took me about 1 hour to brush off the old stuff cuz its thick. and about 45 min to finish the job. maybe less...Shrink stop by drop off you cover and when its done come back and I will put it back on. it take about 30 seconds to remove it only 4 10mm bolts. you can drive around with the cover off its not gonna hurt anything

no what you do it get a steel bristle brush and brush off all the felt carpet stuff. then get your new material and spray the cover with 3m automotive spray let it almost dry for about 4 minutes.

then ly the new material on top of the cover, smooth with your hand till there is no wrinkles let dry for about 15 minutes then trim it put the rubber side gasket back on and your done./QUOTE]

the you have a MINT brand new looking cover.

I finally located a suitable fabric to do this re-cover-- Instead of wire-brushing off the old material, do you think I could just glue the new fabric on top of the old stuff?

Back