My New Paint/widebody update 07'

That looks nice. Much better than before IMO.

I love the new look, clean, and far better fitment.

The new front is not only better looking, it also got rid of that nasty look. The new side skirts doesn't have huge gaps by the door like the old ones.

I love the new look, clean, and far better fitment.

The new front is not only better looking, it also got rid of that nasty look. The new side skirts doesn't have huge gaps by the door like the old ones.

Thanks for the complements. I am very happy w/ the fitment. I've been working on a few more projects on the car so haven't driven it. Hope to get a lot done this weekend and hopefully get to drive it soon. :biggrin:

Jeff

Jeff,
Car still looks great! Don't let stupid "haters" and their opinions stear you in the wrong path. Some people will never get out of their shell and experiment with new things and try different combos on their NSX because they are so stuck one look and one look only. My opinion....DO WHATEVER THE "PHUCK" YOU LIKE, IT'S YOUR CAR! :biggrin:

HEY MAN IM JUST GONNA TELL IT LIKE IT IS....WHEN I SAW THE VERY FIRST PIC OF YOUR CAR I WAS LIKE WOW THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL RED CAR ....THE BODYKIT ECT. JUST MADE THE CAR LOOK LIKE SHE WAS READY TO GO TO A ROAD COURSE AND KICK SOME BUTT...ACTUALLY ONE OF THE NECEST PICS I HAD EVER SEEN OF AN NSX..

SO MY EXPECTATIONS WHERE VERY HIGH. BUT WHAT I SAW NEXT LOOKED BASICALLY LIKE 25% OF THE NSX'S IVE SEEN SO FAR..A 2002 WANNABEE..IS THE 2002 LOOK BAD...NO, NOT AT ALL...A LIL NICER THAN THE STOCK 2001 LOOK FROM SOME ANGLES AND FROM SOME NOT..

BUT THE MARGAHILLS PICK JUST LOOKED MUCH NICER THAN WHAT YOU HAVE SHOWN SO FAR...SORRY BUT THAT IS MY OPINION,AND I KNOW YOU JUST SPENT A LOT OF CASH SO AGAIN I APOLOGIZE FOR TELLING IT LIKE IT IS

HEY MAN IM JUST GONNA TELL IT LIKE IT IS....WHEN I SAW THE VERY FIRST PIC OF YOUR CAR I WAS LIKE WOW THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL RED CAR ....THE BODYKIT ECT. JUST MADE THE CAR LOOK LIKE SHE WAS READY TO GO TO A ROAD COURSE AND KICK SOME BUTT...ACTUALLY ONE OF THE NECEST PICS I HAD EVER SEEN OF AN NSX..

SO MY EXPECTATIONS WHERE VERY HIGH. BUT WHAT I SAW NEXT LOOKED BASICALLY LIKE 25% OF THE NSX'S IVE SEEN SO FAR..A 2002 WANNABEE..IS THE 2002 LOOK BAD...NO, NOT AT ALL...A LIL NICER THAN THE STOCK 2001 LOOK FROM SOME ANGLES AND FROM SOME NOT..

BUT THE MARGAHILLS PICK JUST LOOKED MUCH NICER THAN WHAT YOU HAVE SHOWN SO FAR...SORRY BUT THAT IS MY OPINION,AND I KNOW YOU JUST SPENT A LOT OF CASH SO AGAIN I APOLOGIZE FOR TELLING IT LIKE IT IS

No problem, you state your opinion respectfully. I honestly like the nose on the MH better but didn't care for the triangular piece on the side, the long overhang, and the piece that stuck out on the sideskirt. MOST IMPORTANTLY, it was too difficult to navigate around driveways EVEN at strong angles. It was a pain in the rear to take anywhere..car wasn't even that low...was more the kit itself. Also, I didn't care for the previous owner's choice of painting the door handles, window trim etc...just too much red. You can't see it in the pics but the roof is not painted Berlina black (OEM) but is painted a black pearl so it has some small bits of silver in it...looks clean. Also, the red is not a formula red but a little deeper color with less orange in it....pretty subtle but noticeable in person. The hood is a one off hood that started off as a now rare RM hood that was modified (rounded corners) to blend well w/ the car. Car is now more driveable as the nose is OEM plastic and not fiberglass. Lastly, fitment is WAY better than the MH kit which really annoyed me. The entire car was resprayed to fix the inferior paint from previous owner. I still kept the Taitec rear quarter widebody panels though. Will post better/up to date pics soon.

Jeff

I have the MH kit and personally enjoy it...I recently went on an NSX cruise with 6 other NSX's...Their were a few 02 conversionions their and the MH stood out pretty well...

I personnally like the side triangles but my car is black so it all just looks stealthy in the since that a black C6Z06 looks 99% like a black base C6...

But put a yellow C6Z06 next toa base yellow C6..And wow you can see the differances..

But yes the MH dose scrape everything with that dayum front overhang. I personally raised my front to where it's 4.5 inches off the ground..Unfortunetly thewider fenders dont look so nice 4 inches above the front tires but I dont scrape anything..I will take it down 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch till I barely scrape...

While were on the MH subject of the overhang..Ive been complentating having it filed/cut down a inch all the way around before my next paintjob..I think this would still look great but allow the car to be lowered and not scrape...

I have the MH kit and personally enjoy it...I recently went on an NSX cruise with 6 other NSX's...Their were a few 02 conversionions their and the MH stood out pretty well...

I personnally like the side triangles but my car is black so it all just looks stealthy in the since that a black C6Z06 looks 99% like a black base C6...

But put a yellow C6Z06 next toa base yellow C6..And wow you can see the differances..

But yes the MH dose scrape everything with that dayum front overhang. I personally raised my front to where it's 4.5 inches off the ground..Unfortunetly thewider fenders dont look so nice 4 inches above the front tires but I dont scrape anything..I will take it down 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch till I barely scrape...

While were on the MH subject of the overhang..Ive been complentating having it filed/cut down a inch all the way around before my next paintjob..I think this would still look great but allow the car to be lowered and not scrape...

Since my conversion, there's a vendor that has a kit that raises the front and/or back end of the car so you can clear driveways and speed bumps. I had the EXACT problem w/ raising the car too much for the front end to clear. This created a huge gap in the wheel well that I didn't care for. I agree that the MH kit looks better on a black car as well.

Jeff

Love the new look. The triangular piece on the MH bumper is getting old. Seems like every car with bodykits are having them. Did you have to modify the new sideskirts so they flush with the Taitec rear fenders? Also I'd prefer the old rear spoiler for complete package but not sure about its aero function. Overall I'd give it 8.5/10.

Love the new look. The triangular piece on the MH bumper is getting old. Seems like every car with bodykits are having them. Did you have to modify the new sideskirts so they flush with the Taitec rear fenders? Also I'd prefer the old rear spoiler for complete package but not sure about its aero function. Overall I'd give it 8.5/10.

Thanks...Not sure if the bodyshop had to modify the Stacy's sideskirts to fit w/ the Taitec rear quarters...don't think so. I liked the old spoiler since it was discontinued by Comptech. However, the spoiler sat RIGHT in my line of sight so couldn't see the rear as well. The Downforce spoiler sits a little higher so visibility is improved. Since purchasing the car, I've been on a QUEST to reduce the amount of red on the car. Previous owner painted everything red inside and out. I am happy where it's at now for the most part.

Jeff

Got my new wheels and custom front 6 pot BBK!

DSC05896.JPG

DSC05897.JPG

DSC05900.JPG

Jeff

Last edited:
Love the wheel tire combo........very hot!!!! what size are they?:cool:

Thanks! 18x8 fronts and 19x10.5 rears. Last wheel setup (Prodrives) was 17/18 but didn't fill the wheel wells nicely. I am very happy w/ the setup as I've had 18/19 heavy wheels on the car in the past. Handling/acceleration was definitely affected by the excessive weight. This was noticeable even w/ FI & and 4.55 R&P.

Jeff

Do they come in all black? are they carbon fiber or overlay? How much did they set you back? thks:smile:

Nice new look. Love the hint of weight saving (lips, wheels and spoiler) and performance (brake).

Thanks! 18x8 fronts and 19x10.5 rears. Last wheel setup (Prodrives) was 17/18 but didn't fill the wheel wells nicely. I am very happy w/ the setup as I've had 18/19 heavy wheels on the car in the past. Handling/acceleration was definitely affected by the excessive weight. This was noticeable even w/ FI & and 4.55 R&P.

Jeff

Very nice!... Dymag wheels!:cool: I believe these are full CF rims(no overlays) with aluminum centre. Any chance you weight them before you installed the tires?
Your car looks very good indeed.

Do they come in all black? are they carbon fiber or overlay? How much did they set you back? thks:smile:

Sure you can get it done in black...check w/ Dymag. They are FULL carbon fiber wheels..no overylay. Bought them used but they retail for about $10k wheels alone (no tires). Fronts were only 14 pounds! Forgot to have them weigh the rears. Wheel/tire combo is incredibly light.

Jeff

Last edited:
Back