my n-used '91 NSX!

I just picked it up yesterday...... I LOVE this car!

andy_NSX.jpg

The details:
'91 red/blk
72,000 miles
water pump and belts done at 60k
totally stock all around.
came with a service manual, all records, car cover, "monel" key, intro press kit.

except for the shifting issues I found yesterday, it runs perfectly.
people really stare at you in one of these things! hopefully I'll get used to it soon.
I gave my friend a ride... he was totally speechless. Later on he said that he'd like to meet whoever designed this thing and give them a big hug!

And, tomorrow I get to pay the DMV 8.5% for the "privilege" of living in San Francisco. :mad:

more pictures:
nsx_front.jpg

NSX_rear.jpg

toll_plaza.jpg

bayBridge.jpg

twinPeaks.jpg

windowSticker.jpg
epa_rating.jpg

if it was a private sale, just ask the owner to "modify" the price. That way you can drastically decrease your taxes. But you didn't hear that from me ;)

Congratulations on your purchase. Beautiful well cared for car. Be very careful about playing around with the used-tax issue. DMV has no sense of humor when it comes to this stuff and they have their own investigators who make it their life's work to find and prosecute people who "cheat" the State out of their fair share, so to speak. I personally do not think the risk is worth the money you might save. JMHO as always.

Cairo94507 said:
I personally do not think the risk is worth the money you might save. JMHO as always.

yup. after reading this thread awhile back, I figured it would be best to suck it up and pay the full amount.
Don't need the DMV Nazis on my ass.

Nice looking I know the feeling. Had mine for about 3 months and find myself looking for reasons to drive it every day let alone weekends! Nice shot of the bay. Good luck with your X.
:D

That's funny. I picked up my 91 red/black on Sat 10/2 too.

Car looks nice !
I especially love all the pictures you took to share with us.
I never knew the retail was 60k back in 91. Thats veeery interesting.
Can I ask how much you bought it for ?

Nice car...it is super sweet that you have the original window sticker. I wish I had mine....anyway want to sell theirs to me??? I need the window sticker for a 1991 NSX and for a 1994 NSX. :D

Enjoy! Enjoy! I know I loved and enjoyed my 91 Sebring Silver NSX for 9 years.I then sold it to my son and now he is enjoying it.
I had to buy my 2002 NSX because the spoiled brat wouldn't sell my old 1991 back to me!

thanks everyone.

I've wanted a NSX since I was about 16.
I think it started when I was driving around the DC Beltway in my '72 VW Super Beetle one day, I was in the middle lane. All of a sudden, I'm passed on the left by a Diablo, a Ferrari TR, .......and a NSX. all three were red.

all I could think was, "WOW, I finally saw a NSX in person!" :)

I've been looking for the right car for about a year now. I even started to seriously consider getting a 964, since they're so much easier to find... but maintaining a Porsche frankly scares the crap out of me.

When I drove it home on Saturday, while getting onto highway 24, I just floored it with both the windows open and all I could do was grin like an idiot.
I knew right then I made the correct decision!

I hope to meet everyone on the next Bay Area drive!

Back