My Low Boost CTSC 2004 NSX dyno'd at 297HP -- is that low??

Sorry to bring up this old post but Andrew owns Dyno4mance and that dyno read like it should. If a car has 290 stock and puts down 290 that dyno sucks. My 06 evo stock put down 225, then with a flask and boost controller put down 280 so that dyno reads right. A evo with a turbo upgrade, exhaust and such will make about 360 on that dyno. Yes it reads CORRECT not low, also do a baseline before and after mods at the same place. Dynodynamics are the best dyno made.

Yeah, that is what I said earlier in my post. I had actually contacted the operator of the said shop and spoke with him about this DynoDynamics setup. It setup and calibrated exactly like Punchards (andrew) is. I am pretty sure that the thread originator is now okay with his numbers.

On a side note, I love Andrew's facilities. I had my old Evo setup tuned there a couple of times by Shiv. That man has some sick skills. My stock turbo (with 10.5 HS) 03 Evo put down 303 awhp with your basic bolt ons and cams on his dyno. Some times I miss my old Evo. :frown:

different dynos, different numbers. everyone who has a dyno knows the inside truth.

dyno is just a tool to see what hp your car put down before, and after a performance upgrade.

i would recommend taking your car to the 1/4 mile, do a few good soild launches and do a reverse HP calulation off car weight and 1/4 time.

my little mr2 put down 300 on my dyno at 20psi. put down 330 on a dyno jet. Im running 28psi right now and im guessing its putting down about 360-370 and its leaving 500hp cars in the dust.

weight to power ratio plays a big role also.

take it to the track and see what numbers you got.

So Ron, Please show us how that reverse technology works since you have a car that you dyno'd and know the weight and hopefully you have some 1/4 mile times.
Thanks so much!
Trev

I think Ron is saying that another method to calculate rwhp, you can get your car weighed and take it to the drag strip. Then take your weight and trap speed and input it into something like this to get you an estimated rwhp.

Back