My garage... with lift

Do you not have a garage door?

My ceiling is also 8ft but with the door open the two cars stacked would never clear it.

I read that you can modify the tracks of the door to roll up higher. does the door itself have to also be longer or can you just add more track to it?

I'm getting all kinds of excited! I thought my old home could never give me enough space for it and one of my biggest reasons for not getting an NSX yet is no where to park it with the S2000 and the Prelude in my 2 car garage as it is!

Can I ask what the depth of the lift is?

From front to back?

I know the width is 102"....

My garage is fairly deep i'm thinking if I remove the shelving in the back I maybe able to sit the whole thing far back enough to clear the door.

How tall is the post at full height? I ask beacuse its not as high as the highest point on the car right?

While the car may clear the door just fine i'm not sure the post will.

I'd be putting my lowered S2000 under the NSX (or maybe the other way around since the footprint of the s2000 is the smallest)

But i'm sure its less height then your teggy so if IT fits i'm sure the S2000 will too

With 9' ceiling and a deep enough garage to off-set from the door (which encroaches into head space)...two "taller" cars stack like this...

Attachments

• ZX BMW no stack front qtr.JPG
    ZX BMW no stack front qtr.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 260
Nice work and a great solution!

Here is my contribution as the founding father of got to get a lift club

:)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50555&highlight=Pimp+garage

DSCN1025.JPG

With 9' ceiling and a deep enough garage to off-set from the door (which encroaches into head space)...two "taller" cars stack like this...

how deep is that garage?

basically thats as far as the bmw can go right?

Back