My first spin

Don, how many times do we need to hold your hand ..... :biggrin:

If you install the Type R brace with the proper spacer, you will not have the issue of the sway bar hitting the brace ......... :wink:

Hrant... Your are in denial

It doesn't work on the earlier cars.
Maybe just maybe it may work on the later cars with spacers? Maybe.

When the sway bar hits this bar bad things can happen.

A couple of points related to this thread:

1. my CT sways don't interfere with the NSX-R bars

2. stuntman is on the money with his comments about the Rt615s. good grip but very scary breakaway. Yes, there is a reason I am posting this in the 'my first spin' thread. Tips: rear sway on fulll soft. Keep the PSI 35ish f/r to start with and then adjust with a temp gun. Even then.... still a little tail happy and little warning prior to breakaway. I'm going to 01Rs next I think.

Last edited:
Most of the time mine didn't. I have a 95. Only when the suspension is compressed will it hit. This will limit travel. Not good! Really not good!

Maybe they don't interfere on some years? I know of a 92 & 91 that they didn't work on.

Dunno.

94 here. I suspect it has to do with sway bar shape and how low the suspension can travel.

Comptech sways/Koni(yellow) dampers/Zanardi springs here. Lower to start than stock, but harder to compress. I don't know what to say other than it works good here without spacers.

Last edited:
My 2000 is lowered 1-1/2". Dali Street/Track would rub on the Type R bar even with the SOS spacer kit. Switched to the Track bar, that does too. I have about 1/2" clearance between the bar and the sway with the car up on jacks, but once loaded it sits right on top of the bar with no clearance (this is with the spacer kit too that lowers the R bar and the battery tray). Ended up taking off the bottom R chassis bar.

Dunno.

94 here. I suspect it has to do with sway bar shape and how low the suspension can travel.

Comptech sways/Koni(yellow) dampers/Zanardi springs here. Lower to start than stock, but harder to compress. I don't know what to say other than it works good here without spacers.

I have the comptech pro suspension. It would hit with the original setup with 1000 Lb springs in front. The car was lowered but not to much. Lowering the car will cause the sway bar to be closer to the NSX R bar.

My 2000 is lowered 1-1/2". Dali Street/Track would rub on the Type R bar even with the SOS spacer kit. Switched to the Track bar, that does too. I have about 1/2" clearance between the bar and the sway with the car up on jacks, but once loaded it sits right on top of the bar with no clearance (this is with the spacer kit too that lowers the R bar and the battery tray). Ended up taking off the bottom R chassis bar.

Exactly! Get rid of the nsx r bar.
I did not notice a handling difference without the nsx r bar.

Last edited:
Don- I'd like to see your suspension setup this coming Friday Oct.3 @THill. Also would like to check out your Giken clutch.

Larry

Don- I'd like to see your suspension setup this coming Friday Oct.3 @THill. Also would like to check out your Giken clutch.

Larry

Please do that for my sake too ..........!! And check at what click his rebound is on the front damper, and the height of the spring spacer washer on the damper sleeve.

The kit that we developed pretty much solved these issues. With the track sway bars it should be even less! I shaved about 0.25" off the spacer just to have a better fit with the battery undertray and still have about 0.5" clearance between the Type R brace and track sway bars and mine is has the more difficult 97+ battery tray :rolleyes: Can't speak about other kits.

I am not sure if I will be in town or not, but if I am, I'll try to make it to THill.

Back